Bye Bye, T.I.

3/27/2009 11:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I.T.I. is going to the pokey for a year and a day.

An Atlanta federal court just sentenced the 28-year-old rapper on federal weapons charges related to buying machine guns and silencers.

T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, was also ordered to pay $100,300 in fines.

He has between 30 and 60 days to report to prison.

BG

No longer can you have 'whatever you like'. Please limit your handbag choices to the selection at Kohl's.

a

he stepped up & is a great man. he did 1006 hours of community service & reached out to tons of troubled kids. we love you T.I.!!!!

gloria brantley

Maybe this will send a message. you break the law you will pay no matter who u are.

Yvette

i guess it was his time to do it...but he did help so many kids before he went to the pin

Vee

He will be fine. Keep your head up Tiny you have those kids to take care of.

Vee

Feel bad for him

Courty

I can't beleive that people on here are excited that a great man like TIP is getting locked up. I mean, what he did was wrong, but he still tried his best to redeem himself and help other kids avoid the situation he is now in. You also have to think of his children, who will be without their father for a year and a day. I am not saying he was right, I'm just saying this isn't a time to celebrate or make jokes, his jail time not only affects him, but affects his family and they people he has touched throughout the years.

a

THANK YOU!!!

friend

shocking !

josey

I LOVE U T.I. HE'S ONE OF FAV RAPPER AND I'LL MISS HIM. HE'S A GREAT GUY, WHO WOULD NOT ACT LIKE THAT AFTER UR BEST FRIEND IS KILLED IN FRONT OF U IN UR PLACE??? I DONT CONDANM HIM IN WHAT HE DID, IT WAS ILLEGAL BUT HEY, HE DID IT 4 A REASON AND I RESPECT EVERYTHING HE DOES. NO ONE IS PERFECT MAN. I KNOW U'LL GET OUT EARLY THAN EXPECTED...GOOD LUCK

dave wasser

good riddance you spook

Vee

Hey guys I am new to TMZ where do you put in your password, so I dont keep having to confirm every comment?

.....

It truly sad to read an outpouring of sadness for a disgusting, piece of $#!t like this thug. Your support mirrors your ignorance and goes far in explaining what the problems in todays society are.

Sono

It's nice that he did all that work for 'Kids', but the truth is that he never would've done any of that if he hadn't been arrested for the ASSAULT RIFLES & SILENCERS.

Those are the kind of weapons & tools that are used to KILL PEOPLE. If anything, his sentence should've been much longer seeing as how he was working his way up to premeditated murder.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments