Obama

Calls Kanye a 'Jackass'

The Audio

9/15/2009 3:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the audiotape of President Barack Obama calling Kanye West a "jackass" for hijacking Taylor Swift's acceptance speech during the VMAs.

The audio was recorded just before Obama went on camera to do an interview with CNBC. Before the interview began, Obama -- referring to Kanye's antics on stage -- said "I thought that was really inappropriate," then adding, "He's a jackass."

After making the remarks, Obama said "Where's the pool?" Presumably, he was worried the joke would go wide. He noted the last time that happened, he got burned for killing a fly.

Obama said, "Cut the President some slack."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Stat1124

I dont have a problem with it. Kanye was a jackazz!

ender024

I guess Obama doesn't like black people either.

Canadian bred

first...lol obama rules

marie

President Obamba just went up a notch on my list, he is absolutely right on point with his comment about Kanye.

xXHEYXx

Presidents are human, too, and this a candid moment so let it fly! Better than Dubya giving the birdie off camera

Donna

Hahahahaha!! Kanye, your BLACK president thinks you're a jackass!!

kternman

LOVE IT!!!!!!! Call it as you see it!

Julie

And that's why I love Obama. He tells it like it is, he's a real person. I like that he has a sense of humor. Cut the Prez some slack, I've got a lot of other stuff on my plate. Awesome. We all thought Kanye was a jackass. Obama just spoke on the Nation's behalf. Of the People, For the People, By the People. Finally!

Jaye

The President is human and was clearly chilling, off camera (or so he thought) and gave his HONEST opinion about Kanye, just as MILLIONS of others did on Twitter the night of the awards. I also agree with what he said: Kanye is a jackass, so I have no problem with what Obama said. I could see if he threw up his middle finger, like the cameras caught Bush doing one time, but he didn't. Even if he did, I still wouldn't be mad. Kanye's a jackass!

steph

2 thumbs up to the Prez!

lisa

They are both JACKASSES!

Alicia

YOU LIE!!!

lol

SuperflyCaroline

Lawdy, Now the 1st black President of the United states knows about this? I am appalled son... Maybe if you came out the closet people would understand your tantrums.

John

The 1st smart thing Obama has said...

badelia

Sorry Harvey, I'll let you finish in second. Obama is the greatest president ever!!!!!!! KANYE IS A JACKASS

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments