Gloria Allred Client - Little Person, Big Problem

4/8/2010 3:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gloria Allred is standing up for the rights of little people everywhere, by announcing she's filing a disability discrimination claim against a college that allegedly booted a 3'7" student because of her size.

During the news conference, Lydia Aparicio says she was attending Everest College in Reseda, CA to become a medical assistant, but was dropped from the program after school reps said she would never cut it in the real world because of her disability.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

darkjedi

oh man i thought it was a real college not a trade school and that sucks for her there is a gal on the little couple on tlc that is a dr. so Everest are nothing but ass hats

Floridachik

At least she wants to work and do her part in society...and not sit at home and get a check from the goverment...i hope she sues for alot of money....

w

Good point Dark! I hope they use that in their case.
AND I hope this woman sues the pants off this college and never has to worry another day in her life!.
Boycott everest college!

Scroomy

GO AWAY GLORIA.

too bad it wasnt a bullet

THIS PICTURE WITH THE MIDGET CRYING LOOKS SO REHEARSED,,,GLORIA IS THE CANCER OF SOCIETY AND HOPEFULLY THIS SHYSTER WILL GO THE SAME WAY MICHAEL JACKSON WENT....GLORIA IS THE BIGGEST AMBULANCE CHASER I HAVE EVER SEEN. SHE IS AS NASTY AS HEIDI FLIESS AND JUST ABOUT AS UGLY. GLORIA WILL MEET HER MATCH ONE DAY AND THEY WILL BRING THIS PUBLICITY WHORE WAY DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL WHERE SHE REALLY BELONGS....A SNAKE IN PUMPS IS WHAT I CALL THIS BITCH.

Carl

darkjedi

this is one point and i mean one point that gloria has a good case. but other then that she does need to go away but this gal needs the help to make it right and i hate to say it but gloria may be the one.

ok you can all start ranting on me know lol

Not a BLinK FaN

WOW only 6 comments so far either no one wants to touch this one or no one cares...which is it?

MightyMad

5. Seems fishy to me. Everest is one of those trade schools that only has one real requirement to get in, paying the tuition. They'd take a brain-dead person on life support of the tuition bill got paid. So them kicking out an already enrolled, paying student makes no sense.
Posted at 4:14PM on Apr 8th 2010 b
____________________________________________________________

This is exactly why she is suing them, dumbass.

If she paid her tuition on time, which I will bet you she did, otherwise Allred wouldn't have touch that case, and her grades were good (once again, Allred will prove it, I have no doubt about it) there's zero reason for them to kick off out.

Sometimes a duck is just a duck, dude.

Nasty Nate

Bottom Feeder. Get a real job and a life.

Waston044

Ooooooooooooh thats messed up..

Little People Stand up!!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY!!!

Does she own any other suits besides the one simular to this one? I'm sick of seeing her, PERIOD! Suit, no suit ... enough of her already!

chica

EVEREST IS STUPID IF THEY SAID THAT SHE WOULD NEVER GET A JOB IN THAT FIELD... I GUESS THEY NEVER SAW LITTLE COUPLE ON TLC®

Jen Arnold IS A DOCTOR!

THEM FOOLS.. HOPE THEY GET SUED FOR DISCRIMINATION

Tracy

Hi, Student from Everest here.. I so hope she does sue. Its a shame for our school, as a whole and an embarrassement. As an MA, she might need help lifting someone, or assisting them up, but my OB/GYN is 4'5" and can handle anything. If she is the type of head strong person, and doesn't let anything stand in her way, she would probably carry a stool with her, and do vitals, and taking patient histories for physicals. There really isnt a whole lot of requirements for school... and you dont have to pay as you go, you pay starting your loan back, around 6months AFTER you find a job. All is required for my loan is $20 a month, and even that they are lax on. I hope she is allowed back in school and after a trial a nice huge pocket of change. She wants to go to school, good for her!!!!!

mr attitude

Everest is a JOKE! Hopefully she gets enough money to go to a real institute of higher learning and does well in her career. I'd love to see the verdict be high enough to close down this diploma mill. Then again, they'll just change the name and open up again. Everest grads are the absolute last option on my list of applicants. It's been my experience, with only 2 exceptions, that Everest grads are not prepared to perform in a day-to-day work environment. When a grad doesn't even comprehend the basics of his or her job there's a problem.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments