Lindsay Lohan's Pals -- She Finally Gets It

9/19/2010 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan's closest friends have heard all the excuses before -- but several of them now tell TMZ ... this time Lindsay seems to truly understand ... she has a problem.

0917lindsay-lohan-ex-tmz-05

Lindsay's close pals say she is "beating herself up over this" -- this being two failed drug tests, including one for cocaine.  We're told Lindsay "feels like she just ruined all these really great opportunities that were coming her way."

Lindsay's Twitter apology -- where she said, among other things, " I'm prepared to face the consequences" -- "shocked" one friend who couldn't believe Lindsay actually accepted responsibility and didn't make excuses.  Of course, the open question -- was that really Lindsay talking or a smart lawyer.

And the other question  -- Can Lindsay sway a judge like her close pals?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

dimes

She finally "gets" that she's uninsurable? Geez, you think someone would have warned her.

Fredrick j frenger jr.

Lindsay Tat: “I restore myself when I’m alone”
Acronym: keywords, abbreviations & phrases:
1. E.o.e
2. in my lines
3. Flamethrowers

Eoe: equal opportunity employers, more suitably: ‘eve of extinction.’
In my lines - self explanatory.
Flamethrowers: Slang for a cigarette laced with cocaine or heroin.

Disregard drivel:
Sheet…dis chick shuda got down wit dis blud sucka ‘xecutive jesta.’ Man we wuda ben rollin wit no law, lisnen to sum old luv like ‘Da Standells, Dirty Water’ y I went downtown. I b da go 2 drug baby Mmmmmhhhhh. Damn strait wen day say day keepn dat snake on his belly till da last ow-er - sheet .

lipgloss

Can you say, "damage control"?
I knew you could.

JLS

Lindsay obviously has a smart lawyer but I think this new spin is work product from Larry Rudolph and a PR firm that deals in crisis. It's so obvious this isn't Lindsay speaking. I do not believe she is contrite or gets much of anything. She's a full blown cocaine addict and addicts lie very well.

Jim

Take that Porsche back to the dealer baby. Your time is over.

CK

If she doesn't get her **** together she'll do it over and over again until one day we have to say "RIP Lindsay".

HarryPalms

Obviously her attorney and PR rep wrote that, so maybe the shocking part is that her pals believe she wrote it.

Roy

Well, with the latest move from LiLo exposed, it's over back to you Paris Hilton, top that!

arte help

Its Bushes fault!!!!

katie

Just chuck the low life addict in jail and throw away the key or just give her a whole heap of drugs so she OD's already.

Phreaky

Bull****

tomdenver

moreBS

walter3ca

Linds needs to spend the entire 30 days and in the general population.

Phreaky

She is a sociopath and will ALWAYS tell people what they want to hear, including this time, by saying she gets it now. OF COURSE she does... of course she didn't when she bust down crying in front of the judge last time, or when she sat in jail all those days, or when she was sitting in rehab all those days...
Whoever believes this is as dumb as she is.

Anon E Mouse

She does not get it and she never will.
I was a Lindsay supporter but too bad.
She is going back to jail.
Given a second chance and just could not appreciate it.
Goodbye.