'Golden Radio Voice' Guy -- Grounded in Ohio By No ID

1/5/2011 6:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 'Golden Radio Voice' guy -- who went from homeless to overnight Internet sensation -- is struggling to board a flight to NYC because he doesn't have ID ... according to his rep (yep, he's got one now).

Homeless Man Radio Voice
Ted Williams' peeps tell us Ted is currently at the courthouse in Columbus, OH trying to get a copy of his birth certificate.

Ted is supposed to be in New York tomorrow for an interview on "Today" -- but according to the rep he's been homeless for more than four years so he doesn't have ID ... and can't board a flight.

It's the first bad news Williams has had in 24 hours. He's gotten a job offer, a home offer, and a free trip home to visit his mom -- all because of the YouTube clip that went viral.

Ted's rep says having to reestablish identity is a common problem for the homeless. Let's hope someone has a plan B to get Ted to NYC.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

cjs

WNCI.. years ago when they did radio contests (before everyone had cell phones) I won $1000.00 just by being the 97th caller and I lived over 50 miles away :-)

This is great for him, I wish this man well.. enough about me ;-)

Gia

It would be great to see someone come back from being homeless for a change. So many people are struggling. It could happen to pretty much anyone. He does have an amazing speaking voice. Wow...

tv

Good news for a change!

Ronald RayGun

Hey, it's Barak Obama in ten years!

azlee

he has an awesome voice that is for sure, I sure wish him luck and to keep on the straight rode and climb back up!

sighman

Geraldo Rivera?

WandaWanda

I am genuinely happy for this guy. I hope someone helps him get to NY to see his mother.

Jason W

Ronald I thought I was the only one who thought he looked like Obama. I saw it this morning on NBC with the sound down and thought it was a spoof.

MJFAN

He has an amazing talent! I hope all goes well for him and that he becomes really successful! you can see that this guy is trying and God bless him!!! Its amazing to see that even tho he is homeless, he still has a wonderful smile on his face amidst everything that he may be going through :)

Collen

Make sure he gets his three squares. Maybe four squares. Hang in there, it's going to get better.

jason

F. you, alcohol and drugs.

Carvey

Back before America became a police state you didn't need papers to travel between the states. I feel sorry for the young people of this nation who will never know an America where it wasn't demanded that you show your papers without probable cause and a warrant.

TXluvsMJ2

TMZ trying to play catch-up. If you weren't so busy reporting about the same stupid crap you wouldn't be so behind.

As for Ted, a real Cinderella story for sure. His story will give hope to people in similar situations. I'm glad people gave him another chance to do something productive with his life. Contrary to what a lot of us like to believe, I guess there are still good people out there...somewhere. Way to go Ted!!!

AyeJay

god bless this guy, he's amazing.

CarolynAB

He truly does have a golden voice.

And Plan B for the Today Show isn't so complicated: drive him into NYC.
Then he can go down to 125 Worth Street and pick up a copy of his birth certificate, since he's originally from Brooklyn.
Good luck, Ted Williams. Yours is an inspiring story.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments