Whitney Houston Performs at Brown Family Funeral

2/1/2011 9:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown reunited yesterday in Boston, where Whitney sang at the funeral for Bobby's mother.

Whitney Houston Mama Brown Funeral Video
Whitney performed twice during the service for Carole Brown, singing the gospel song "Precious Lord Take My Hand" solo and later joining in while Johnny Gill and the rest of New Edition sang "Never Would Have Made It."

Sources tell TMZ ... Whitney reached out to Bobby and asked if she could participate in the funeral.

Bobby's mother passed away January 20 in L.A.

Doug Freeman

Were they on crack???

Miss Mary

I think this was very nice of her. I'm sure she sounds great in a small venue singing gospel songs.

Naima

What a lovely gesture and thoughtful thing to do. I love Whitney Houston, I think she is great and will always be the greatest for me. I don't like the negative silly comments about crack they are wearing a bit thin now so get over it people, Whitney that was a beautiful thing you done, obviously from your heart and I wish you all the very best. God bless you my dear. I am a huge fan of Whitney Houston.

wade

why did it take so long to have the funeral if she died on jan 20th?

Yoyo

White people are so unoriginal with the crack jokes. It was a nice gesture on Whitney's part.

TXluvsMJ2

why did it take so long to have the funeral if she died on jan 20th?

Posted at 7:43 AM on Feb 1, 2011 by wade

When you have people with conflicting schedules coming from all over that happens a lot. I'm not even famous and my cousin's family took 10 days to have her funeral because she had kids coming from out of state who had to take time off from work, etc..

I also think that was very classy of Whitney to perform at her former mother-in-law's funeral. I'm also glad to hear the other members of New Edition did too. I'm sure she would be proud to know that people who grew up with Bobby remembered her in the end. RIP Mrs. Brown.

fastdriver

OMG! Was that a wake or a party? DISGUSTING! No solemnity at all! Poor Mrs. Brown to have this circus!

northern gypsy

i agree...it was a gracious and sincere gesture for W.H.
she stepped up and helped B.B. grieve...
excellent example for their daughter !!!

Truth

IT'S FUNNY HOW PEEPS PICK AND CHOOSE OLD WARN OUT JOKES AGAINST WHITNEY - CRACK AND PREGGO JOKES. WE ALL KNOW SHE AINT PENCIL THIN ANYMORE. IT WAS THE CRACK THAT KEPT HER THAT WAY. IRONIC HOW PEEPS MAKE FUN OF HER VOICE YET GO RAH RAH RAH OVER LIP SYNCERS VOICES LIKE RIHANNA, BEYAAWNCE, AND SELF ADMITTED COKE TRANNY LADY CACA. OH YEA.. THEY DO MAKE FUN OF THEM!!! LIKE THEY SAY.. YALL THE SAME UNDER THE EYES OF THE LORD. ...JUST SAYIN. ;)

Truth

#10 HEY, SHE SANG WITH KIM BURRELL ON BET'S CELEBRATION OF GOSPEL JAN 30/2011. OOPS, JUST PROVES UR STUPID.

angie

Don't you think it is a little tacky for someone to film whitney houston at a funeral? I love TMZ, but I think it is just as tacky for you to post video from someone's funeral. The person that passed was not famous. This is just WRONG!

just me

I have heard that Bobby's mother loved Whitney. I think it's great that she did this for her. You also have to remember this is their child's grandmother. And yes you naysayers are right Whitney and Bobby have had some problems but let them say their goodbyes. And if nothing else respect their child!

dd

Good for u, let all the bitterness go she is u'r daughters grandma.

dd

@fastdriver Circus? Some consider funerals a celebration of life, do u live in a cave or something? This was a beautiful gesture.

dd

@13 Listen to the whole song don't twist the words of a great song, u didn't learn a damn thing from that song.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments