« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LeBron on Mom's Arrest -- It's A 'Sensitive Subject'

4/7/2011 5:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LeBron James broke his silence after the Miami Heat's practice today -- calling his mother's arrest early this morning "a sensitive subject" ... and insisting it's "being taken care of."

0407_lebron_mom_BN_Getty

LeBron told reporters, “You have to move forward ... It is my life and there’s certain things you have to deal with. You try not to let it be a distraction. I have a job to do, still.”

He continued, “It’s very sensitive because it’s your mother. Of course to have an incident, it’s very sensitive. But the people around me are helping me."

As we previously reported, LeBron's mom was arrested this morning for allegedly assaulting a parking valet outside a Miami hotel. She was processed and released.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

PRO US

I'm sure it is a sensitive subject. He's probably mad as hell but trying to deal with it in a positive way because it's his mother.

@Jodi: "Whatever, he needs to either send his mom to rehab or enroll her in anger management classes and since this is a repeat performance she definitely has issues that need to be dealt with."

Posted at 2:52 PM on Apr 7, 2011 by Jodi

Anger management classes ain't going to help her if she keeps getting behind the wheel of her car while drunk. She needs rehab stat and then the fear of the Lord or the Law put into her.

always

This woman has no class and has to be a alcoholic. What makes her think she is better then everyone else. Her son needs to send her to rehab and anger management. She acts like other side of the tracks trailer trash. She should be ashamed of her self.

alan

HAHA I love it. Typical ****** who thinks that just cause there is a watered down ****** in the white house she can do what she wants. God help this country.

TexasBlonde

Hopefully it means he has shipped Mom off to rehab. That is embarrassing to have Mom talking to a man working an honest job and the incident is splattered all over the news and internet. Alcohol has control over her and she has no control over alcohol.

Jen

She also slept with LBJ's former teammate.

Woot

Self-entitled thug biotch. Get a real job, Ms. James.

Hisjules

test

ChinLee3

Take a good look at Momma's face so you'll "know who she is" if you accidentally cross her path.

Yolanda

This NEVER HAS BEEN has been living off her son's name since the boy was 16 and she was getting apartments and hummers in his name.....I do think it's embarrassing and TACKY that a member is the MIAMI HEATS BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION went to the police station to pick up a players DRUNK, BELLIGERENT MOTHER.

Was that one of the sign-on bonuses he got when he signed with the heat????

Sheila Gayle

A great player like Lebron's should not have to worry about penny anny stuff like this.

shawnene

OMG Gloria strikes again. But what can you expect from a "recovering crackhead". She is a racist. I HAVE WATCHED LEBRON SINCE HE WAS A FRESHMAN AT ST. VINCENT-ST.MARY HIGH SCHOOL IN AKRON. He was a spoiled brat as a freshman and having to watch his mother implode here in Akron Ohio was like watching a bad episode of cops. She kicked out a police cruisers window while drunk in the largest drug spot in Akron at 2 in the morning.What waas she doing there????? My experience living and shopping in the same stores as her she is a hot mess and needs a year or two in rehab. She is rude, pushy and classless. I guess money cant buy you class. What she needs is a sober minder to control her. I dont care if Lebron is embarassed he deserves it for not taking care of his mothers problems. PLEASE keep her in South Beach where her talents are better taken care of. We have no need for either of them back.

Throwback kid

I was post #14 but TMZ deleted it, I don't know why it was the truth

Ghetto, pure ghetto, this woman is uneducated

Sandra

Dare I suggest his mom is a pain in the ass who think's she is important!!! He will clean up the mess and hopefully tell Mom to behave or her allowance will be cut off!!!

Sharlet M

LeBaby is "taking care of it" and "people are helping" him. Wow, isn't that nice? I wish I had that kind of power in the legal system -- oh, I forgot, I'm not driving dui or hitting valets and my son isn't a famous basketball player! The only justice would be a "real" elbow injury during the playoffs!

Some dude