Are Celebs More

Screwed Up than Us?

1/28/2012 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0127_10_crazies
With all the celebs in crisis -- the latest of course being Demi Moore and Heather Locklear -- we started to wonder how the life of a celebrity stacks up with yours.  Is it better?  Worse?

So we gotta ask ...

Superman

It basically comes down to faith and morals. When their god is money, fame, and their own appetites, then they really have no hope for anything. They are weak, selfish, and faithless. When the troubles of this world come, they have nobody really to turn to. "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes." (Psalms 118: 9). "Better the little that the righteous have than the wealth of many wicked; for the power of the wicked will be broken, but the LORD upholds the righteous." (Psalms 37: 16-17). "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

Mrs. Mathers

I think its pretty much even, Its just celebs lives are magnified and on tabloids and websites, if our lives were in the spot light too then it would show we are just a bad as celebs.

static

It wouldn't be very difficult to have a life better than Michael Jackson's at this point.

Criss

Oddly enough, the only question I answered yes to, was the one about cheating on taxes. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I'm just basing my answers on my own life.

WellSinceYouDidntAsk

Most definitely. With all their fame and fortune, they don't know how to grow old. For once the gigs dry up and their stars' limelights have faded, they can't handle the filling of idle free time like real people. Elvis and MJ were worth billions, yet they had to rely on quacks and deadly drugs to sleep, naive and unaware of health secrets that the man on the street knows. In short, they are tabloid smart and wisdom foolish.

Artosis

Celebrities are more screwed up then Thebestfou's banshee control.

Holly

I would love to have the money of a celebrity, but the thought of being famous fills me with horror. I value my privacy too much!

Truth

I'D RATHER HAVE THE MONEY... LEAVE THE CELEB PART OUT. MUCH CHEAPER. TONS OF SUPER RICH FOLK OUT THERE DONT NEED BODYGUARDS, PAPS, AGENTS, MGT, PR STAFF, ETC., ETC. THAT'S HOW THE CHEESY ARSE CELEBS END UP IN BANKRUPTCY. AT LEAST THAT'S THE PC ANSWER. #TRUTH!!

TMZ dont like me

This is what happens when you give a human being a talent or gift that enables them to acquire fame and riches beyond their wildest dreams. Human beings are the most easily corrupted creatures on the planet. It only takes a little bit of power and money...

Leliah

Not necessarily. They're just in the public's eye and their personal lives are on display. Sometimes the money and fame is too much for many and also they're exposed to far too much

maggie

Celebrities do not know how to handle life. If they lived in the world we do with REAL bills and REAL jobs they would know that us average people get up and face the world every day. We do not hide behind "exhaustion" excuses and abuse drugs or alcohol (I think most don't) and we do what we have to do and lead good and decent lives. How sad that these people can't find happiness in family life or basics. My husband works hard every day and comes home to a home where he knows his family waits for hima nd loves him. We don't have a lot of money and we save for everything we do but when we do something, it's special and appreciated. How sad that walking a red carpet or looking young forever is what matters to these celebrities. In my world, I have more important things to worry about then not looking 46 (my age) or wering the very best clothes or carrying the most expensive bag. My husband is a self employed carpenter, we have two school age children. Sorry celebs but you bring on your own drama. But I'm sure once they get out of rehab, they will goon the talk show circuit, write a self help book and settle back in to their artificial world where they never know if someone really loves them. So sad.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I don't know of they're more screwed up than us. Some of them are more screwed up than me, but I'm sure I'm more screwed up than a few of them.

There's a huge price to pay for fame. I think celebrities learn that it's hard to tell who's real, and quickly figure out that most, if not all the people around them--wouldn't give them the time of day if they were a regular nobody. Makes for a lonely life.

Bobo Frog

I don't wish I was a celebrity....but I do hope to be very successful and achieve great things. But not one of these vacuous celebrities who is famous for the sake of being famous.

OOIIOOOI

lol, half of these are lies, Celeb envy strikes again.

Regardless of the money and camera time. im HIGHLY positive celebrities are just as human as us. They just found an easier job.

Smarg

Sounds like the Kardashians!! Haw!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments