Whitney Houston Funeral

Bobby Brown Bailed

Over Seating Dispute

2/18/2012 11:16 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bobby Brown was asked to leave the funeral of Whitney Houston today.
Bobby Brown was asked to leave Whitney Houston's funeral today ... after he got into an argument with Whitney's family over whether or not he could bring nine people into the church with him ... TMZ has learned.

Brown was spotted going into the church today in Newark, NJ ... but was seen leaving shortly thereafter.

According to our sources, Brown was invited, plus two, but instead showed up with an entourage of nine people. We're told Bobby became upset when he found out they would not seat his whole party.

Our sources say Bobby wanted to sit with his daughter, Bobbi Kristina, but Whitney's family was not having it.

We're told Rev. Jesse Jackson tried to smooth things over ... but to no avail.

update_bar
Rev. Al Sharpton spoke of the incident with Bobby as he left the church, saying, "He showed nothing but love and respect for Whitney. I wish people would leave Bobby alone" (see video below).

Brown issued a statement later on, saying, "My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions."

He continued, "I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene."

0218_al_sharpton_video

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

BluJeanGirl

POS. Check your damn ego at the door and be there for your kid at her mother's funeral. What a slimebag.

mebrat24

He is the ex-husband that did lots of bad stuff to her. He should have been happy sitting in the back of the church.

too shay

Who rolls up to an event with their posse, without clearing it first? Knowing that it was invitation-only? I like Bobby Brown's music, but this is ridiculous. I thought he was attending the funeral to support his daughter? Some things ain't about you, Bobby.

Mimi506

I don't know I may get censored again for telling the truth....but here goes......The Houston family and Dionne and company never had any intention of doing the right thing by allowing Bobbi Kristina to have her Father at the service for her Mom. It should really show everyone just how "GHETTO" and "IGNORANT" this family is, but who is going to beat them spending the monies left for Bobbie Kristina inhertenance..............But what goes around comes around.....WRONG IS STILL WRONG!!!!!!! No matter who you think you are!

nachomama

God Bless Bobby Brown. I know Whitney loved him very much and I'm sure this is really hard for him.

Meeka

That POS should be happy he was even invited to the funeral. The nerve of him to bring 9 people to a private funeral when they told him he could only bring two.

Kari

He should have respected the "plus 2" and not thought he was special enough to break the rules at his child's mother's funeral. He should have put his daughter above all else. I am praying for this young girl--there is so much dysfunction around her. Very sad.

Lisa

He could have had his own service at a different day and bring the world with him including his daughter. Not good not to be there today.

beerman

bobby brown what a douchebag

Belizeanborn

THIS IS WHY THE FAMILY DID NOT WANT HIM THERE. THIS IS NOT ABOUT HIM, NEVER WILL BE. I HOPE CISSY AND FAMILY KEEP HIM AWAY FROM BOBBI KRISTINA AND GET HER ALL THE HELP SHE WILL NEED TO STAY ON THE RIGHT PATH THROUGH THIS LIFE.

slimlines

Such a shame it had to escalate to him being asked to leave, could he not have put his pride aside for the sake of the family and just met up with the entourage later? Unbelievable.

Josie

What a turd. This guy is a total narcissist.

croc

when he found out nine people were
too many to let in, he should have gone in ALONE.
seems like he didnt care, because if he did care,he
would be inside right now..no matter WHERE he sat.

imorena

i do feel sort of bad for the guy. he couldnt pay respect to his wife but he didnt follow the invitation instructions.

sPaNkdEnALgAs

OMG, this guy is the biggest piece of shnit ever! Man, something tells me the wrong person passed away last week.....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments