Paris Hilton Sued In Car Crash Case

6/12/2006 7:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

(June 12) -- TMZ has obtained a lawsuit which claims Paris Hilton is legally responsible for a chain collision on a freeway in Los Angeles County.

The incident allegedly occurred in May, 2004. Brooke Ashley Brinson, who identified herself at the scene as Paris Hilton's cousin, was driving the Mercedes that was registered to Hilton. The heiress was not in the car.

According to the suit, "Traffic began to slow down and all vehicles came to a stop for traffic ahead." The lawsuit alleges that the defendant's car failed to stop, causing a chain collision involving four cars. The plaintiffs, Ivan Alvarez, Monica Delgado and their child, Nicholas Alvarez, were two cars in front of the Mercedes.

TMZ spoke with the plaintiffs' lawyer, Mauro Fiore, Jr., who said his two adult clients suffered "serious injuries."

Fiore says he filed a claim with Hilton's insurance company, and was shocked to learn that Hilton had the bare minimum coverage for property damage -- $5,000. Hilton's insurance company refused to disclose her policy limits for personal injury.

Fiore says he wants $250,000 for each plaintiff but the insurance company refuses to pay a dime.

TMZ contacted Paris' rep Elliot Mintz.  Mintz tells TMZ "I am not going to comment on the lawsuit, but I think it is important for people to know that Paris was not in the vehicle."

Read the complete complaint

lola

OK genius did you not catch the fact that she wasn't driving? she wasn't even there! she just owns the car.

yea, she's stupid but she's milking her 15mins way past the 15.

Celia

Well when you're a Hilton, who needs insurance when you can just buy a new car! Poor little rich girl, she's always being hounded by the paparazzi - leave her alone. She's up there & we're down here so let her be because she was born to be in the spotlight whereas the commoners - us - well we just have to live with it & our old crap Honda civics that gets run into by the big Rovers!

socalifbabe2001

Probably illegal aliens suing

DisgustedbyParis

I realize that Paris was NOT driving in this particular accident but I have to agree with gossipinmd and double agree with LINDA. IMO, I am so sick of hearing about Paris and seeing her on tv and covers of mags. She is nobody..okay, so what if she's rich, lots of people are. She has NOT done anything. I mean even before SIMPLE LIFE....she just poses and the paparazzi only love up on her cuzz she eats up that attention. She's not pretty. She looks like a tranny...she's got a man face and I do admit, nice legs but the rest of her ICK. She's all fake, the eyes, the hair....that crappy a** orange tan...ew. She is NOT a good actress and from what I've heard of her new single, she can't sing either. This is just yet another wake up call, America is idolizing idiots with money. Who cares if she is an heir to a hotel chain? She is NOT royalty so would everyone stop treating her as such and Brandon, dude....take a shower. Who sweats that much? Ewwwwwwww! I could go on and on all day but basically I just don't see why anyone is in awe of this skanky whore. She tacky, classless and hello..have you heard her talk? She acts like a stupid retrarded valley girl from the 80's like she's zoned all the time. Her vocab is limited at best and how old is she? My 12 year old daughter is more intellegent than Paris. This is america's role model? If so, we're a sad sad country for sure.

DisgustedbyParis

I realize that Paris was NOT driving in this particular
accident but I
have to agree with gossipinmd and double agree with LINDA. IMO, I am
so sick of hearing about Paris and seeing her on tv and covers of
mags. She is nobody..okay, so what if she's rich, lots of people are.
She has NOT done anything. I mean even before SIMPLE LIFE....she just
poses and the paparazzi only love up on her cuzz she eats up that
attention. She's not pretty. She looks like a tranny...she's got a
man face and I do admit, nice legs but the rest of her ICK. She's all
fake, the eyes, the hair....that crappy a** orange tan...ew. She is
NOT a good actress and from what I've heard of her new single, she
can't sing either. This is just yet another wake up call, America is
idolizing idiots with money. Who cares if she is an heir to a hotel
chain? She is NOT royalty so would everyone stop treating her as such
and Brandon, dude....take a shower. Who sweats that much? Ewwwwwwww! I
could go on and on all day but basically I just don't see why anyone
is in awe of this skanky whore. She tacky, classless and hello..have
you heard her talk? She acts like a stupid retrarded valley girl from
the 80's like she's zoned all the time. Her vocab is limited at best
and how old is she? My 12 year old daughter is more intellegent than
Paris. This is america's role model? If so, we're a sad sad country
for sure.

coleen

IT IS OUR LOVELY JUSTICE SYSTEM, IF YOU GOT MONEY YOU CAN GET OUT OF ANYTHING!

Phillip

Why is she allowed to drive? She is really stupid. It is a matter of time until she has a serious car accident, someone is going to get hurt and she wont be held responsible because she has money . If a regular person had committed the crimes she has they would be in jail and have their license taken away. The police need to stop her and do their job which is to protect the innocent people from reckless people like her.

Amber

She's a waste of space but if it wasn't her car, they wouldn't sue. They just want easy money.

ANGELUS

THE STUPID WHORE WILL GET AWAY WITH IT LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE SHE DOES, SHE PAYS OFF THE POLICE AND JUDGES JUST LIKE OTHER RICH PEOPLE, LIKE BRITNEY DID WHEN SHE DROVE WITH HER BABY IN HER LAP AND DIDNT GET IN ANY TROUBLE

Amber

Britney didn't get in trouble, Angelus, because she didn't get caught by law enforcement.

tammy

I noticed in Paris' latest driving stunt when she backed into a parked car inside parking garage) and then took off, she never put her seat belt on and then after hitting the car, she sped out of the parking garage not even slowing at the entry/exit of the garage (what if someone had been walking by on the sidewalk?) I suppose she would have just giggled and kept on going. When she has a huge accident due to her carelessness (and she will) and her face goes through the windshield, maybe she will respect the seat belt laws.

ANGELUS

AMBER, THEY HAD HER ON VIDEO TAPE DRIVING WITH THE BABY ON HER LAP, THEY TAKE PICS OF CARS SPEEDING AND SEND THEM TICKETS IN THE MAIL, THE VIDEO PROVED WHAT SHE DID, NO DIFFERENCE, SHE GOT OFF BECAUSE SHE IS RICH AND FAMOUS.

spicy_chick

LIKE NONE OF YOU GUYS DO ANYTHING THAT IS LEGAL WHEN DRIVING. JUST BECAUSE NO PICS ARE SNAPPED AT YOU DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT EITHER! SERIOUSLY! PEOPLE GO AFTER THESE PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY HAVE MONEY AND ARE BUMS WHO WANT FREE MONEY! GIVE THEM A BREAK!!!

Whitney

She deserves to get sued. She's a freakin' moron. She thinks she's cute! Rich B!$*h!

DEE

Sooooo, tired of PH. Wake up people. This thing is so unworthy of our notice. Why can't the press find someone else to follow around. Each time I see something about "it" I click past or turn the page, don't want to read anymore on the subject. I have to feel sorry for you all in LA, it must be a b*&t&% to have this thing around you.
Keep a look out when driving, you never know when PH might hit you!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments