Hasselhoff -- I Know Who Broke My Wife's Nose!

6/23/2006 10:28 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David HasselhoffDavid Hasselhoff responded Thursday morning to his wife's charges of abuse while on CNN's "American Morning." Hasselhoff told Soledad O'Brien, "The only person who broke my wife's nose was a plastic surgeon, darling."

Hasselhoff appeared upset when O'Brien brought up the allegations while he was on the show to promote the new movie, "Click," starring Adam Sandler.

"That's not what I'm here to talk about," Hasselhoff said.

The two also had a contentious exchange when O'Brien brought up his kids:

O'BRIEN: And you've got little kids.

HASSELHOFF: Right. And you conned me into this, because you said you weren't going to talk about this.

O'BRIEN: No. Oh gosh, I never agree on conditions before I do any interview.

Earlier this year, Pamela Hasselhoff filed a declaration claiming that in December 2005, David "grabbed me and pushed me hard into a car," adding "in the past, he has also broken my nose and called me a 'whore,' 'c**t,' 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'drug addict' in front of our children."

In a heavily redacted declaration filed on June 20 in Los Angeles Superior Court, David Hasselhoff responded, "I categorically deny each and every ... allegation."

R.

WOW..Hasselhoff is right....the press really does print what it wants and how it wants it....because when i read TMZ's "article" i got a totally different and extreme "portrait" of what happened than when i saw the actual vedio footage...i could see how u guys totally blew up the scene to sensationalize the story. u know...just because we like to hear the gossip doesnt mean that we dont want it delivered truthfully and unbiasedly....hate to shake a finger but shame on u!

V.W.

Gotta agree with R.'s comments from above, TMZ. The tone of the video conversation is quite different than the way the above article "reads." Easy on the salacious reporting next time. I'd like to trust that I'm getting an accurate picture when I read articles from your site.

Stephanie

Iam sure whatever transpired was not totally just his fault......hummmm maybe this: takes two to tango it is always very ez to holler HE HIT ME BOO HOO MY HUSBAND HIT ME OMG CALL 911.......it is like that and iam a woman myself and i get like that too..... give me a freakin break it is a con thing a power play thing when women get mad..... so let's give ole David benefit of the doubt here... get real we all know how it goes with married couples or anyone as far as this goes........

Lance K.

TMZ always oversell their stories...

Mark M

Geez that was so stupid! The TMZ headline and article are proof that this site is just desperately trying to sensationalize this situation. The Video shows an interview much less angry than they make it out to be. Yes I have to agree now, print is dead, even on the internet. Don't believe what you read people. You need to see it to believe it.

Marianna

WOW! I think this is personal matter and just because she try against Mr.Hasselhoff , its not sure she tell the truth!Many women like talking same way abott her husband just get more money. But any way! I think this is the Hosselhoff couple problems.just live the celebrity alone!

CARL BLAKE

STOP ADDING YOUR OWN OPINIONS TO THE STORY AND JUST REPORT THE FACTS LIKE THEY HAPPENED. IF YOU CAN'T TELL THE STORY TRUTHFULLY KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT . WE HEAR ENOUGH TRASH IN REAL LIFE WITHOUT YOU MAKING UP GARBAGE

rob

And AOL is as much to blame as the mainstream (cable) media. They lure us in with an "enraged Hasselhoff" still only to have us sit through a 16 second cheesy cheese add, on top of the $23.95 I pluck down each month, only to show a conversation that wasn't so much heated, but mild by todays cable (Fox News) standards. Buy the way, when will AOL do away with those annoying ads leading into video? Maybe when we all leave them for Yahoo!!!

Joseph

When are we as a society going to learn to start looking for the positives in people, rather than destroying a lot of people's lives, livelihoods and those associated with them by focusing on the negatives? Don't preach religion if you are going to look for the negative in others. As for this case, I think the reporter needs to apologize and focus on the goals of the interview and all parties coming onto her show should be aware of the goals of every interview. If people want to search for the negatives of his life, let them attend the courts and see the documents and hear the testimony for themselves - first hand.

Diane

Perhaps, David did not break her nose...however, it might be true that he, in a fit of anger, did called her, his wife, those horrible names...words, that many men seem to use when angry towards the women that they supposedly say they love. If that were the case, then, both of them need to understand why they got together in the first place...no matter what happens in the future, one needs to recognize what brought them together to begin with.....And, if and when the time changes, then at least be peaceful and try to be friends within the separation.

Joe

Did you see the legs on Soledad? Wow!!!

BDhungus

if i were him, i would've changed the subject to pamela anderson's slo-mo boobs and said something cunning like, "gee, those boobs sure do jiggle....you with me..huh?"

Bruce Perkins

the other comment was right its probly a gold digger saying what she can to get a bigger settlement. Who the hell is hasselhoff anyway, old news.

Misty

If you want to know the truth, I believe the wife. Women who are in abusive relationships seldom lie about the abuse, when they finally find the courage to talk about it, and there's something about him...his face, his eyes...a certain something that anyone who has ever had an abusive partner would recognize

MaryC

I believe the wife. Guys like this who feel entitled to calling names, shoving and hitting and such to bully their partner make me sick. His wife obviously was trying for some time to make it work - and covered up him breaking his nose for a time. She probably thought that if she tried to be as perfect as possible, his angry outbursts would stop. WRONG A guy with a bad attitude won't ever get better, only worse, as he tromps on more and more boundaries. Thanks TMZ for showing is awful attitude and disregard for his children by demeaning their mother. I hope Hasselhoff gets supervised visitation with his kids and does domestic violence classes.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments