Depp & Knightley Kiss and Tell

6/30/2006 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" Johnny and Keira's characters share a passionate kiss, but for one of them the experience was "unbelievably awkward."

Depp, who plays Captain Jack Sparrow, believes any film kiss is bound to be uncomfortable to shoot but this one more than most.

"Any kind of scene like that whenever you're doing that sort of thing, it's always unbelievably awkward especially having met Keira when she was 17 years old," he says, "but regardless of that it's always awkward so you kind of just make light of it; she was a good sport and we just kid of did what we had to do, that's the gig."

Of course Keira was a good sport, considering most 21 year-old women like her would love to be in the same situation.

"I couldn't ask for a better kissing scene with Johnny Depp actually, I think my 14 year-old self was yelping with pleasure," says Knightley of the experience. "It was fantastic! What more can a girl ask for? I've got Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom and I get to kiss both of them. It's wonderful!"

And Knightley reveals that this lip-lock may not interfere with the relationship between Elizabeth Swann and Orlando's Will Turner, adding "it's not an ordinary kiss, it's a kiss with a twist, which is great."

"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" opens in theaters July 7th.

Niki

I think that Elizabeth needs to make up her mind. At one point she had three men after her. She has to decide who she loves. I think Jack is just mucking around, he just wants some female contact. If there was another woman there then Elizabeth probably wouldn't matter to him at all. Elizabeth needs to be with Will. Jack just wants a floozy.
He is hot though.LOL.

Samantha

I loved the second movie! I think Keira is very lucky! It's almost every woman's dream and maybe even a few guys! to kiss Johnny Depp. [laughs] I think he's a great actor. He takes on very unique roles. It would be kind of cool if Elizabeth and Jack did end up together, but I'm sure it's going to be Will.

Nina

haha iloooved that part in the movie i would watch it over and over
kiera is the luckiest woman alive, im so jealouse of her right now
and possibly will be my entire life, like common its johnny ive ben in love with him since i was born, haha me being born in 1990, when edward scissorhands came out, and likeive watched almost all his movies and everything ... hes just that damb hot!!!

Nina

yeah i think she should go with pintel or something next haha joking.
and leave johnny for the ones who want him more, likeme nd the other billions of femails around the world
oh andjohhny and kiera are ment for eachother cuz remember when she had the compass.. twise it pointed at jack and jack looked at it when they were on the island and it pointed straight at her
so they are so meant for eachother and will can go with uum. that one fatlady in tortuga in the first movie
hes so ugly compared to depp

Jo

Psh. Id love to be keira too. Ive been in love with Johhny since i was like 4...

Shauna

Pirates 2 makes you love even more. Great movie... He is so feakin talented..

Bobbi Jo

KISSING OR SPITTING DOES NOT MATTER JOHNNY IS THE MAN.
_____________________________________________________

LUCKY LUCKY GIRL, I WOULD HAVE TO SAY IF I WAS HIS GIRL
I WOULDN'T WANT TO NECESSARILY SEE THAT
PART
< CLOSING MY EYES...LOL

BUT YOU KNOW IT IS JUST A MOVIE AND PART OF HIS JOB,
WHICH LIKE I SAID...KISSING, SPITTING HECK EVEN THROWING
UP JOHNNY WOULD BE GOOD AT AND HOT...LOL
WOULD NOT MIND CLEANING UP AFTER HIM. :)

BEST LOOKING PIRATE IN HISTORY NOT TO MENTION
THE MOST COMEDIC AND TALENTED.

LOVE TO WATCH YOU KISS (EVEN IF IT'S NOT ME :)) LOVE TO WATCH
YOU SWORD IT OUT, HANDLE THE ENORMOUS SHIP AND ESPECIALLY
LOVE YOUR COMPASS (#1)

:}

YOU'VE GOT IT ALL SWEETIE!!!

SWEETBJ

Becky

I think Johnny shows a lot of integrity to say that it was awkward considering he met Keira as a 17-year-old. Good for him!
But it was a smoking hot kiss! They both SEEMED to be enjoying it...
But I felt so baad for Will...He was trying to accept that "Lizzy" may love Jack even though truly he was near tears....i want to know if she did it ONLY to put him in hand-cuffs...i think she'd been itching to do it, whether she was just trying to trap him or not!!

K

you CAN watch it over and over agian at youtube.com AWSOME
eeg, i hate keira, shes so stuck-up and clearly johnny has affection for orlando.... NOT KEIRA... check this

"We kiss and cuddle. Every now and again he'll say, 'Orly, can I have a quick kiss? I miss you.' I'm like, 'Johnny, really?'. Orlando Bloom reveals a more intimate side to working with Pirates Of The Caribbean co-star Johnny Depp.

does that not explain enough? what do you think "cuddle" really means, JOHNNY'S A FRIKKIN BI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe but i will always love him!!!

JOFL

MJ

What a great kissing scene. Keira, you're a lucky girl. Johnny's a honey, and helooks like a GREAT kisser. Yikes!!!!!!

Vicktoria

Heck yes Jack Sparrow....kissing scene...absolutely fabulous and sexy!!! I do really hope Elizabeth and Jack somehow wind up together next movie!! They both have great chemistry and are hot.. and yes he does look like a great kisser!

Nicki

Sry for Calli's rage! She is upset because she was rooting for Will Turner! I love Jack Sparrow and you could tell that Elizabeth wanted to kiss him when she talking to him about being a good man... that just makes you want to scream! I love it!!!!!!!! I wish I was in the third or fourth movie! I could be like Jack's daughter or something like that!!!! To bad the bloody Bahamas are to far away!!

Katerina Pham

keira, can we switch lives? i've been in love with johnny and orlando for like ever.
i've always wanted to kiss johnny or orlando. she's so lucky.

jamette

Johnny is so hot. Johnny all the time.

lollabunny

Liz shouldn't even think of breaking up with Will. The are made for each other-he's done SO MUCH for her.
And Johnny-he's gotta stay lonely and u know, misunderstood. It's part of his character.

But the kiss shurely was Awesome! I felt very very jealous of her! I give an arm and a leg just to be that close to him! Keira definitely is a lucky young woman! And Johnny shouldn't have been that sarcastic-after all, they are friends, right?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments