Tom Cruise "Tell All" Book

7/13/2006 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The drumbeat of controversy surrounding Tom Cruise is about to get even louder.

A potentially explosive tell-all biography of Cruise is now in the writing phase, after a year of research by British writer Andrew Morton. Sources tell TMZ that Morton has spent the last several months in Los Angeles interviewing people close to Cruise about the star's career, his religion, even his sexuality.

Andrew Morton, Tom Cruise

That research is now done, and Morton has sat down to to write the manuscript itself. However, word of some of his findings has begun to eke out in New York publishing circles, generating buzz for a book that is still months away from publication.

Morton gained worldwide attention for his 1992 biography of Princess Diana, in which he disclosed her battles with bulimia and her troubled marriage to Prince Charles. He also wrote "Monica's Story," about Monica Lewinsky and penned a tell-all about Madonna.

A spokesman for St. Martin's Press, which is publishing Morton's Cruise book, said the writer "has done an enormous amount of research; now, he's started to write." The spokesman didn't say what the book's title would be or when it would be published.

Paul Bloch, Cruise's spokesman, said neither he nor Cruise himself have heard from Morton. "We've had no contact with him whatsoever."

Persiaa

Frugal as I am, I'd pay full price to buy this book. I've heard Fall 2006 publication date-anyone have more info?

michelle

this should be interesting

melissa

I bet this book is going to be published before we see that baby.

Jay

It should be, I don't think the baby is being sold to the public.

Hippo

If Andrew Morton can get to the bottom of Crazy Cruise, I will definitely be reading his book

Amber

this book in the end will tell the truth that Tom Cruise and Michael Jackson have a lot more in common then we could ever imagine - hahaha

Melissa

This book will finally let the world know who the real Tom Cruise is--- then we'll see if he's still the world's favorite actor.

Vera

Just when I thought you've redeemed yourselves and started posting newsworthy gossip instead of your obsession with Tom Cruise. Wasn't the ESPY awards last night? What about that? Who was there...etc etc. This obsession is getting mightly creepy if you ask me.

Catherine

Expect our man Cruise to fight this every step of the way, my friends. Can I say, J.LO? Personally, I'm already looking forward that book purchase, lol. That man has A LOT of skeletons in his closet. . . .

Hey, #10 Vera, please go on the People Magazine website for the ESPY stuff, thanks.

wendell dixon

Now thats a book that I think that I would read..

bob

LOL@ 13, IS FUNNY HOW GAY PEOPLE TRY TO SAY EVERY OTHER MALE IS GAY.

john

I just don't understand... when did Tom Jones have a baby?

Tina

#20.....LOLOL

kat

A 'tell-all' book written by some guy CANNOT be accurate. Noone knows about Tom and his feelings except for Tom himself. It would be a crime (IMO) to publish an innacurate book! This Morton guy should got o hell.

Vera

#13 Cathrine----I know where to find it thanks :) I was just making a point. Instead of obsessing about Tom and his family on every other post, lets find something else worthwhile. :)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments