Let's Get This Party Started: Top Stories for Friday 07/14/06

7/14/2006 9:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney at the beachNow that's more like it: Britney Spears says she "can't wait" to perform again, though she might want to rethink a potential musical "collaboration" with hubby K-Fed.

Plus, Spears confesses that her second pregnancy has been difficult, and that she doesn't "feel the most beautiful all the time."

The pop queen tells Harper's Bazaar in its August issue (via USA Today) that she wasn't ready for motherhood and was "paranoid" the first time around, but that with her second child, "I was like, I've just got to wing it. It was weird for me at first because of who I am...I'm not supposed to be this big huge pregnant superstar."

Britney also says she's eager to get back into the recording studio, and will collaborate with her aspiring rapper husband, Kevin Federline. "I'm so proud of Kevin. He's been working so hard on his own album since I got pregnant with Preston." She says she's going to "get really intense" about reshaping her body after her two pregnancies but says, "I really have to take my time and...be safe. Actually, not that safe. When you perform, you have to be dangerous."

Please Keep Naomi Away From Mobile Devices

Hard though it might be to believe, yet another former assistant of Naomi Campbell's has filed a lawsuit against the supermodel, alleging assault, battery, false imprisonment, and infliction of emotional distress during her five-month employment -- and yes, it involves mobile devices.

The ex-assistant, Amanda Brack, 20, says that Campbell allegedly slammed a Blackberry into her face and slapped her three times during a trip to Rio, and then, apparently lacking her own mobile device-weapon, threw a friend's cell phone at Brack after a fight in her Park Ave. apartment, according to Brack's lawyer. Brack says she was hired by Campbell after helping her with her dress in a Paris nightclub bathroom.

Meanwhile, Campbell is in negotiations with prosecutors to settle the original alleged assistant-assaulting case with ex-servant Ana Scolavino, and faces another set of abuse allegations from another maid, Gaby Gibson, filed last month.

Beyonce Has Enough of Controlling Daddy, Makes Record in Secret

R&B superdiva Beyonce Knowles has just about had it up to her well-plucked eyebrows with her famously controlling dad-manager Matthew Knowles, so much so that she made her latest record in secret.

As she tells the upcoming issue of Giant magazine (via Ben Widdicombe), when beginning recording her latest album, she ordered her studio team, "'Don't tell my daddy. Don't tell my mama. Don't tell anybody...So two weeks later, I called my dad and said, 'My record's done.' He was, like, 'WHAT!?'"

Apparently, Matthew had stipulated a long, drawn-out recording schedule, because Beyonce told him, "Don't you ever ask me to take that long to do a record. I'm never doing that again." We'll hear the fruits of Beyonce's clandestine work, called "B'Day," in stores Sept. 5, the day after her own 25th b-day.

Original Blingster Mr. T Renounces Gold Chains

After witnessing the destruction wrought by Hurricane Katrina, Mr. T has shed the yoke of gold chain necklaces that were as much his trademark as his stiff Mohawk. "As a spiritual man, I felt it would be a sin against my God for me to wear all that gold again because I spent a lot of time with the less fortunate," said the actor (real name: Lawrence Tero) at the Television Critics Association confab yesterday.

The former B.A. Baracus displayed anything but bad attitude talking to the assembled scribes about his new TV Land advice show "I Pity the Fool." "Yes, I am qualified to beat people up. But I am pretty intelligent," said the actor, who once gave "about 5" as an answer on "Hollywood Squares" to the question "What is pi?" "That's what throws people off. If you've been through something, that gives you an authority that you can speak on certain things."

Usher To Appear On Broadway

Expect hordes of swooning teens at upcoming performances of the hit musical "Chicago": R&B maestro Usher will be taking over the role of lawyer Billy Flynn in his Broadway debut, the show's producers announced Friday. The multi-platinum recording artist will be starting his run Aug. 22 and playing until Oct. 1. "Being on Broadway allows you to connect to audiences in a whole new way that's different from music and movies," said Usher in a statement.

Briefly: Ellen Pompeo Throws A Fit, Diddy Ditches the Hamptons, Pete Doherty Gets Anti-Drug Implant

"Grey's Anatomy" star Ellen Pompeo had a screaming match with her music producer boyfriend Christopher Ivery, according to a Page Six witness, while shilling for her show at the Monte Carlo TV Festival last week. She was being driven in a car back to her hotel when she jumped out and started running up the road. When the driver asked her to get back into the car with her "husband," she hissed back, "He is not my husband"...Sean Combs is throwing his famous "White Party" in St. Tropez this year, says Page Six, leaving his usual Hamptons spot for the first time. David and Victoria Beckham, Eva Longoria, and other Diddy pals will be flying in for the party...Troubled rocker Pete Doherty told a court yesterday that he will have an implant fitted to help him kick his drug habit, and the judge overseeing his case said that Doherty is "going in the right direction."

adamstevens123

I hope Brittney makes a come back. I don't know her music very well but I feel sorry for her "barefoot and pregnant" image. Then again, she does have millions of dollars, so why the hell am I feeling sorry for her? I must admit she does look pretty horrible. I think she will come back really strong.......maybe???

Jennifa O Jenny

Britney is just putting another nail in the coffin of her career if she does a duet with Kevin. She's going to make an even bigger joke of herself then she already has. It'd be one thing if he was a talented, respected and established artist -but he's none of those things. A duet would confirm his leech status

Krissy

Jasper.. Knock it off. You've been trolling this site all week posting that link. Get a clue IDIOT!

sean

who the f!@# is ellen pompass?! she looks beat to me.

justpicky

JASPER ( 4 ) SOUND LIKE CRAP , THAT LADY COULD OF DONE A BETTER JOB THAN THAT , UNHEARSE ...........EWWWW....

bob

BRIT IS THE POSTER GIRL FOR WHITE TRASH COUNTRY HICKS WHO DRINK MOONSHINE IN OVERALLS WHILE WATCHING NASCAR. ITS AMAZING HOW A MAN CAN COMPLETELY FUCK SOMEONE UP. DAMN YOU K-FED, DAMN YOU TO HELL, LMFAOOOOOO

justpicky

BRITTANY MADE HER BED , KNOW DEAL WITH IT .

YOU LAY DOWN WITH DOGS , YOU END UP WITH FLEAS.

tk

AWWWWW.....I feel sorry for poor Britney..........NOT!!!!! She is the perfect example of "trailer trash"....she should have stayed married to the guy she wed in Vegas..he seemed like a nice guy (and cute!).

Anna

I hope when all of you are fat 50 and alone... you will think *dam I shouldn't have bagged on Brit like that*

How come everyone hates her so bad?

I bet when she was on top you guys couldn%u2019t wait for her to fall down...

and now that%u2019s she is having a *down* moment you guys keep on laughing..

I don%u2019t feel sorry for her...

But I do feel for her....

Take a look at some of your husbands... I bet they aren%u2019t so great...

Karma b******* karma

I never was into Brit but I never disliked her..

She is a human being and you all need to remember that.

Erika Callahan

All you women out there dissin Brit should be ashamed, we were all new mothers at one point, and I'll bet none of you looked good in a bathing suit. Atleast she's having fun.

Matt

hey guys,
check out britneys harper bazaar interview on www.ballz.info and to see a never before seen picture of her nude,, its amazing what photoshop can do eh?!

Ellen Pompeo

I am not anorexic!

Ashley

I just wanna say people really need to lay off Britney Spears this is how she is choosing to live her life, and who the hell gets off callin her fat?? What kinda s*** is that she is not even close to fat she is pregnant you idiots and I believe she will make a comeback then you all will be biting your tongues wishing you hadnt said a damn word about her, As for Kevin yes he can rap I am not even fans of him or her but I have heard him rap and he is good ppl hes no eminem but he is good..

Okay now for this Naomi Campbell s***... I'd be damned if I let that B**** hit me with a cell phone or anything they should all 3 team up on her and whip her a** who the f*** does she think she is?? And why the hell are these 3 other women so scared of her that ugly skinny a** b**** aint shit... I WISH SHE WOULD BRING HER UGLY A** TO OCALA FLORIDA AND TRY THAT S*** WITH ME CAUSE I GUARANTEE I AINT TAKIN THAT S*** TO COURT IM JUST GONNA PUT HER ON HER F***** A**, she needs counseling no wonder she cant get a man.

okay ppl e-mail me if u want Ashleynflorida@yahoo.com

Erika Callahan

Sorry, Violet, you are absolutely correct, my mistake

gigi

for the love of God Britney!! get it together girl back in the day it was Britney, christina, and jessica simpson at dead last, now its christina, jessica and britney...and britneys now gonna get beat by paris!! that girl needs to get back in the race before she ends up making weight watchers or trimspa commercials for life!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments