Leo Proves That The Rich Get Richer

8/14/2006 9:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Leo DiCaprio makes tens of millions of dollars for each movie he shoots. So what do you get the man who has everything when you have to buy him a present? You get him even richer.

We've learned that Leo went to the verrrry pricey Williams-Sonoma store in Beverly Hills the other day to buy a few kitchen items. The store is famous for cooking gadgets, plates, knives -- all things kitchen.

When it came time to checkout, Leo handed the guy at the register a gift certificate for more than $5,700. And get this -- that was the BALANCE on the certificate. It was probably originally for either $7,500 or $10,000. Someone at the store tells TMZ that when the certificates get into the stratosphere like that, they typically go up in $2,500 increments.

Leo didn't buy that much that day, so he still had plenty left on the certificate. Oh well -- we just live in his world.

James in Milwaukee

So here we go again, a really pointless story and a really bad picture. Did Leo do something to piss you off? The world of celebrities has turned suddenly boring.

Travis Bickle

This ties into the story that Swag gifts at industry award shows will not be taxed. The gift cert probably was in some Oscar swag gift bag and he's using it. But, the swag bags will probably no longer be used since the IRS is requiring award shows to give them the names of who gets them. Remember, some of these bags can be worth $30k or more. I am sure these cheap celebs are pissed off that they can't get their free swag.

Cathy

Man, I *heart* that GC. I don't know how Leo had any restraint. I could have spent every dime in the first hour.

Alex Rogers

I heard he was buying a corkscrew

LaLa

he cooks? wow, gisele... u missed out huh..
gues not cu she don't eat much !!

Alex Rogers

That corkcscrew is a rumor.

Alex Rogers

Celebrities will buy anything

Alex Rogers

I saw really nice woks on sale there this weekend. I hope he picked one up, because it makes really nice stir-fry's. It sure would be cool if I could say that I had the same wok as Leonardo DiCaprio. What a terrific conversation starter. Maybe I can just tell people that I do anyway.

Alex Rogers

I wonder if other celebrities do this sort of thing. Very interesting.

Jennifer

So he cooks, and he went to a kitchen store. Big Deal...

Alex Rogers

He made that same face (like in the pic above) at the cash register. Very uncomfortable.

Alex Rogers

I read on a different celebrity site, that he poops and goes to toilet paper stores too.

Alex Rogers

Ah yes, the circle of life. First he eats, then he poops.

Travis Bickle

Maybe Leo went to get a turkey baster to use on his Israeli girlfriend instead of using the gift Cert he has at the Pleasure Chest on SM blvd? How would it look when the papparazzi take pictures of him shopping for strap ons,butt plugs, and gimp masks?

Lou

OH

MY

GOD

LEO USED A GIFT CERTIFICATE?!!?!?? I HOPE TMZ GETS OBSESED ABOUT THIS AS THEY DID MEL GIBSON

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments