Hepburn "Tiffany" Dress Could Be Yours

10/9/2006 3:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Few garments in film history are as iconic as the black Givenchy gown that Audrey Hepburn wore to such heartbreaking effect in the opening scenes of 1961's "Breakfast at Tiffany's."

And Natalie Portman is one of very few stars of the present day who could hope to emulate Hepburn's signature sylph-like elegance. In a rather daring feat of mimicry, Portman dons that very dress -- along with an appropriate pearl choker and a dazzling smile -- on the cover of the November Harper's Bazaar, which hits newsstands on October 20th.

Portman, for her part, doesn't claim to be the immaculate beauty that Hepburn was, but the dress certainly helped channel some of Audrey's effortless glamour. "I did feel very elegant suddenly," says Portman. "I mean, you can't possibly measure up to Audrey Hepburn; there's no comparison."

For the right bid, you too can channel Audrey Hepburn as well: The dress, one of only three made for the film, will be auctioned off at Christie's in London on December 5th. Proceeds from the auction will go to the City of Joy Aid charity, which provides aid to the impoverished in India.

Rocio

She's beautiful.

Goddess

She looks absolutely STUNNING!!!! Jess Simpson should fire her stylist and hire Natalie's! Bravo to Harper's Bazaar!!

(Who actually reads this mag anyways?)

DeLayne

Natalie Portman, you are no Audrey Hepburn!

Nick

Finally!!!

We see a confident, intelligent, gorgeous woman that is a real roll model and sex symbol without having to whore herself out.

We get a break from the desperate Christina, Nicole, Paris, Fergie, Madonna, Britney, Tera, and Pamela.

Natalie is perfection.

Hally

Hello,
Just came to this site delievery of AOL. Audrey Hepburn has always been someone I've been told I look like. Even now at 60. I feel flattered and honnored that I still hear that, especially when my hair is up in a French Twist. As a younger woman I had about a 21 to 22 inch waist. Now it is about 25. I keep dancing and walking. I also loved Audrey's mind as she got older and more mature. I just felt complelled to write this. Thank you for letting me.

sam

Yeah TMZ, someone with some real class. Love that Natalie Portman girl she's very sweet.

Missy

I knew some loser would say something like that DeLayne. Read the article...the girl is totally humble about not comparing to her. Why do you have to hate?

I agree with Nick...it's nice to see someone with talent and class on TMZ rather than the usual suspects.

CareKate

According to my 21-year-old son, Natalie Portman is "the most beautiful creature that ever walked this earth." After seeing her channeling MY vote for most beautiful woman of all-time, Audrey Hepburn, I'm inclined to understand his admiration: Natalie looks absolutely, stunningly, classicly, beautiful.

Lisa

Natural beuaty! No plastic this and that........She is a class act. Oh, and #2, Jessica Simpson could hire Natalie's stylist and her manager, - NOTHING would help that no-talent skank.

Theo

I can't describe in words how amazing she is. A True Woman: natural, beautiful, sexy, funny, smart, talented & down-to-earth. No wonder so many people admire her. No other woman in the world can compare to Natalie. Period.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

Natalie has truly got it all together -- I think she's ab fab.

K

She is an extremely beautiful woman! She is gorgeous on the inside and out, that's what makes her amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! Ms. Portman hasn't changed one bit on her journey to the top, she has stayed grounded and that alone makes her special.