Fabolous Blasted With Criminal Charges

10/18/2006 4:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that one day after being shot in the leg, rapper Fabolous, along with three others, has been charged with five counts of criminal possession of a weapon. Cops found two loaded guns in the car that was rushing him to the hospital.

Police claim it all started after an unknown man approached the 28-year-old rapper, whose real name is John Jackson, and opened fire -- striking him once in the thigh. Fabolous and his three cohorts jumped into a vehicle and sped from the scene, running a red light in the process. Cops pulled the car over and upon closer inspection discovered two loaded guns, both of which were allegedly unlicensed. All four men in the vehicle, including a bleeding Fabolous, were arrested. Police are still looking for the shooter.

If convicted on all charges, the men could spend anywhere from three and a half to 15 years in prison.

Fabolous, who is listed in stable condition, posted the $15,000 bail and is due back in court on Friday.

Diego

This guy must be tough. He wears the same sunglasses as Katie Holmes.

Kai

you know, with all of the money these rappers make, you would think they could get liscenes for their guns, if they think they need them so badly. hello?!?! then you wouldnt get arrested for some dumb ish like this...serves him right....sorry fo yah!!!!!

U Know Who

Wow this reminds me a of a movie I saw recently. Who gets shot ONCE in the leg..the thigh at that?

Someone looking to increase his sales figures and "Street Cred", the two guns were also "props" in all of this.

BlackMetal

iris

DUMB ASS....

barbara

He should get the full 15 years.. Why in the hell would anyone think they are cool carring a gun and getting shot?

Mary Beth

I hope he's okay.. [=

- Mary Beth

stoopit

Just like "Cheddar Bob" in 8 Mile, shot himself in the damn leg, maybe he needs a new PR person to avoid inflicting pain on himself for media attention.

Mohamed

THEY CAUGHT HIS ASS "RIDIN DIRTY" HAHA. IT'S ALL GOOD HE'S FROM THE GHETTO THIS IS NORMAL ACTIVITY FOR HIM. YOU CAN GET THE RAPPER OUT OF THE GHETTO BUT YOU CAN'T GET THE GHETTO OUT OF THE RAPPER. MOVE TO THE SUBURBS AND ONLY USE A GUN WHEN YOU GO HUNTIN. THE FOOL HAS A CATCHY SONG THOUGH, WHAT IS IT CALLED?

POOPER SCOOPER

This is just another example of thugs having money...

Ginger

I think this is some bullsh@t myself. Why would they charge someone for speeding when they had just got shot and on thier way to the hospital? Why would they charge someone with running a red light when they had been shot and were obviously bleeding? Why would they even SEARCH the car when someone was hurt in it? I dont know but thats not the way things go down where I am from, but then again I am not black and I dont drive an expensive car either. Wake up people this has a tinge of racism to it.

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a thug,what would you expect,thugs will be thugs,just like hoe will be a hoe

p1tey1

#6

Take a really long straw and suck out of my BLACK ass!!! I didn't appreciate your comment!

Back to the topic:

How stupid!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy rap especially the old school stuff. But WHY would you ride around in a car with loaded, unregistered guns?????

He has probably ruined both his life and career. Why?????

That's just BEGGING for trouble. How stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginger

And one more thing....if someone was shooting at YOU wouldnt you get away as fast as you can and run some red lights if it meant YOUR life? If not you have no common sense so dont even reply to this with some crazy answer

ddk

continue on with your "all black men are criminals" stories please. i know its all you ignorant racist bastards know how to report on!

Rachel

I'm sure he will get away with it like any other celebrity! They all get special treatment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments