Nick's Into the Minors

11/30/2006 6:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nick Lachey is now one-third owner of a minor league baseball team. The Tacoma Rainiers are the Triple-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners playing in the Pacific Coast League.
Nick Lachey
The pop singer was introduced yesterday with fellow co-owners and a plushie Moose named Rhubarb (in case you were wondering). "Baseball is a true passion of mine, Tacoma is a growing city and I have every intention of playing an active ownership role in the Rainiers as we continue to grow," said Nick.

Lachey first became interested in owning a baseball team when his hometown Cincinnati Reds went up for sale a few years ago, but that deal didn't happen. He will be involved in developing entertainment for families, including concerts and autograph sessions. Play ball!

Rebecca

Congratulations to a great guy!

Wicked

I'm happy for you Nick. Glad you dumped the lame duck sidekick you were married to. I wish you nothing but happiness.

edgar_pasadenaupinhere

CONGRATS NICK . GOOD MOVE DOG BUT STAY AWAY FROM THAT VANESA GIRL SHE CUTE AND ALL BUT JUST ANOTHER PRETTY FACE WHO WILL USE ANYONE FOR A SHOT AT WHAT JESSICA IS STILL AFTER . NICK YOU RULE BRO KEEP IT UP MAN . GLAD TO SEE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN TO A GREAT GUY. JUST DONT REPEAT THE LAST MISTAKE WITH VANESA JUST ANOTHER ASPIRING ACTRESS TO FAKE AND HOLYWOOD DONT WASTE YOUR TIME BRO.THERES WAY BETTER OUT THERE 4 YA .

Rita

Congratulations Nick! Glad to see things are moving to higher heights for you. I wish you much success.

boneswife

Go T-Town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PN

I like that Nick Lachey is one of the owners of a baseball team, minor league. I would have liked him to choose a Cincinnati team since he lived there for a long time, but maybe every team is full now. So if his music career (which is going strong) fades off in the sunset, the 98 Degrees members start gaining 20 pounds at 40-45 and the hits become less, at least he has a baseball team he can run in Tacoma. Wish him luck.

Fred

A real guy that doesn't let fame take the best of him, unlike his slutty ex, Jessica. The guy has yet to make a bad move after being dumped by Jessica. She's done nothing but gone downhill since.

Becky

Rhubarb is a Reindeer, not a moose. The Mariner's mascot is a moose. - Seattleite

ONE WHO KNOWS

Dear Nick,

WELCOME TO OUR GREAT STATE!

I am the President of A Brand New Day Cancer Foundation. www.abncf.org

Let me be the first to invite you to join us and participate in any way that you are able to.
We would love to have you share your talents by singing at one of our fundraising concerts.
If that isn't feasible, then perhaps you might be able to donate some items for our silent and live auction next Summer?. Anything you could do would be so greatly appreciated!

A Brand New Day helps both children and Adults, male and female with any type of cancer.
Here is a small list of how we help cancer patients and their families:
By paying for their medicines, their groceries, diagnostic tests, chemotherapy, fixing patients' cars, paying for them to have nurturing care, and hospice care).
If there is a need we do try our very best to meet that particular need!

Our ultimate goal is to build the Brand New Day Family Cancer Center, where cancer patients and their families can go and share some family time and be entertained at no charge.
As a breast cancer survivor, I know how important it is to be able to leave the house during the time of cancer treatments, and to be among people who are going through the same exact thing in their lives. An instant camaraderie forms. How freeing it would be to not worry about wearing a wig, or hats! That is the kind of place we want to provide for the patients.

If you or any TMZ readers have a friend or a relative with cancer and you need someone to talk to, please let us know. We will be there for you. We promise.

May each of you be Blessed for the kindnesses you show others. Most especially during this beautiful Holiday Season.

LOVE, PEACE AND JOY TO YOU NICK, AND TO ALL OF THE WONDERFUL TMZ READERS. Have a Fanstastic 2007!

Best Wishes,
Maggie

French Open Fan

Nick,

You couldn't find a smellier town to buy a share in? The Aroma of Tacoma will burn your eyes. I love the Mariners. I used to get free tickets for being an honors student at West Seattle High. I would either take my grandfather or my sister and the games were in the old Kingdome. I attended a Mariners/Angels game on Sept. 10, 2001 during the record tying win year. The Mariners won and I woke to a new world. Good luck and welcome to a storied franchise.

michelle

Great Job Nick!! New York loves, I know it is not the team you want but I know you can make these guys a great team!!! Have a good new year!!

Gwen

So much for Nick not needing fame or lowering himself to make more money. I heard the only reason they let him in as a partner was because he would bring his female admirers attention to the team. And to the Fred guy,....Jess is doing just fine without Nick, so dont; worry about her. Save your worries for Nick,... after Vanessa finally takes him over for some cash.

Erica

I was hoping a couple years ago the Reds would make a deal with him but sadly that never happened. That's one thing about Nick he still is very much a Cincinnatian even if he does live in LA. He is always coming home for Bengals, UC basketball, and Reds Baseball games. Nick was just in town the other night singing the national anthem at the Bengals vs Ravens game Thursday night here in Cincy. Nick congradulations on the baseball team and your future projects. Loved the two shows I saw you perform on your tour cincy and Vegas.