Clooney's Pig in Hog Heaven

12/4/2006 12:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

George Clooney's 300-pound potbellied pig, Max, died last Friday.Barbra Walters, George Clooney and his pet pig
Clooney once said that his longest relationship ever was with Max, his personal porker. The oinker had serious healthGeorge Clooney gallery: Click to launch problems -- he had arthritis and was partially blind. In 2001, Max was accidentally hit by a car driven by one of Clooney's friends.

Clooney has had the squealer for 18 years. He got porcine custody after his breakup with Kelly Preston. Tough year for Clooney; his bulldog also died earlier this year.

wewearshort-shorts

RIP, Max.

Renee Robare

I have been reading about Max for years, and I am so sad for George. Max was a great friend to him.

Sam

My sympathies out to Mr. Clooney. May your pets RIP. God rest their souls.

*Please do adopt another animal from the pound when you are ready to have a pet again. Save another life.

Sam

thepocketslammer

Pork chops!

Seriously

Go easy Max. Animals are the best. Man should take a lesson from them.

liz

A relationship in Hollywood that last 18 years!!!!!!!!!!

RIP

Kramer

He still has the pig he sees when he looks in the mirror.

ldh

My condolascences to George, I know that pig meant a lot to him. Anyone who has pets can understand.

kathleen

RIP, MAX the pig. George was SO attached to his pig--he always tried to talk about him in interviews. AND, that relationship lasted 18 years--whereas, George's relationships with humans tend not to fare as well.

Stacey

My deepest sympathies go out to George. Losing a beloved pet is always tough. If he needs a shoulder to cry on, I am more than willing to give him one! Call me, George!
Ahem....yeah....

kathryn

I never knew Clooney dated Kelly Preston?

WTF?

RIP.......George, I'll be happy to help you get through this tough time.

Call me.

sam

Very sad. I saw an interview with George where they talked about Max and George truly loves this guy. My condolences as well.

kc

RIP Max. Hugs to George. 18 years is a very long time to have a pet.

Amy Perrin

What a bummer! I always thought it was pretty cool that the hottest guy in Hollywood would rather chill with his pig than get annoyingly and permanently involved with some starlett. (sniffle) I really liked the fact that a pig was part of one of my favorite movie stars lives. At least Max had, I'm sure, a FABULOUS life.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments