Post no longer available

1/30/2007 10:43 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

COMMENTS

dawnn

Here we will go again with the race issue (rolling eyes)
I didn't have slaves or have paid for any slaves in my life, so before the "cracker" issues comes to light. I say piss off, I am talking to the likes of "farrah", you are the most racial bigot on here. But I guess that was your plan, wish I could meet you face to face, then call me a cracker, bitch u wish u never would have. I will just refer to you as whore now, since I am cracker, K?

dawnn

Here we will go again with the race issue (rolling eyes)

sunshine

i read that somewhere that beyonce was reported to have gone to a hosp in cali and worker reliezed records that she was diagnosed/treated with Herpes. This person suspects she got it from Jay-Z who is known to run around with strippers and prostitutes. ... Is there any truth to this?? just curious!!

concerned

hmmm the best revenge is to be succesful. So, in other wise beat them at their own game. Make them work for you and your money. Get pissed off why? laugh all the way to the BANK!!!

my opinion

#7 Walter, I agree with you completely.

Have you noticed that racism is invoked when it benefits the weaker side of an argument. Maybe Rev Jackson and Al Sharpton with the other outdated hacks can boycott Jay Z for getting a loan. Give me a break! Move on and remember this is 2007 not 1857!

Guy B. Jones

Someone told me Thomas Jefferson owned slaves. Let's raze Monticello, demolish his face on Mount Rushmore and take his likeness off the nickel. We can replace it with that of 50 Cent or Snoop Dogg.

bethany

Jay Z is worthless trash

Hamp

Jay-Z doesn't even own 1% of the team it says. He probally didn't even have alot to do with the decesion making. I think that everyone should just leave well enough alone. Everyone is so quick to judge. Judging is a sin for all of you who don't know any better. Jigga nor Mr. Ratner I'm sure, was not around when all that slave trading was going on...and for Blondee give those negros a basketball court? what have you given to white, black or any other race in this country?
And since you want to talk about Africa and Jigga, what about him taking a stand with the water supply? what has anyone else done? (besides oprah) not even your President, he hasn't done a damn thing for anyone but himself. I am sure that his work(Jay's) over in Africa is not done. Once we start helping and stop bashing then we can work on the world being a better place. I feel sorry for people that get stuck in the same holding patterns in life. Make a change people! Make a Change!!!
Jay...if you read this...
Love Ya!

bethany

According to African American women like Farrah (named for a white actress) it is racism if ANYONE criticizes a black person for doing bad things or being a bad person

I guess the whole concept now behind racism is that blacks should be able to do whatever they want

(including apparently, beating up black women, abandoning them and treating them horribly? and abandoning black children? which Jay Z and his friends all do all the time!))

DeLarge

Ya'll fail to realize that Jay-Z DON'T LIKE BLACK PEOPLE! There, I said it. Anyone who pimps Frank Gehry as an architect for a ball park, and doesn't even bother to put a black architect on, gosta not like black folk! I'm being silly, but it's true!!!!

Since when does replacing and creating more b-ball courts for us, US lowly black folk mean you're doing a great service to our community? When we get better books, higher math, science and reading scores, then, I'll be impressed with the banks blood money, until then, I've not benefited from anyones' b-ball court...bad hand-eye coordination.

JJ

I THINK IT IS SILLY TO BOYCOTT A BANK THAT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH SLAVERY HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO. WE MIGHT AS WELL BOYCOTT EVERY DAMN THING. 50 YEARS AGO WE COULDN'T EVEN VOTE OR FLY FIRST CLASS I DON'T SEE US BOYCOTTING AIRLINES, COLLEGES, JOBS, HOSPITALS. I'M A BLACK MAN AND I CAN'T CONTROL WHAT HAPPENED DURING THE SLAVERY DAYS. WE NEED TO BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT EDUCATION. WE HAVE SO MANY MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES THAN SOME DAMN BANK. FOR INSTANCE, BLACK ON BLACK CRIME, AIDS, DRUG USE.

Walter

Wow,, black people can't be racist. You have no idea how many times I have heard the made up definition of racism by black people.

Well, here is the real definition:
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

No where does it state that people"in power " are racists. If you want to go with the "black America" definition created by black american bigots then black people who are rich, political, business owners ,supervisors etc. can and have shown their own true colors as far as being bigots goes.

Farrah, your best bet is to get a clue.
For Us By Us, you need a clue also. Since when does skin color say who's a better architect.

Boy oh boy, as if we don't have enough problems here. Now we have to deal with the broke as people who are disgruntled about their own poor ass life and they happen to own a computor so they can voice their sorry asses to the world about what whitey did to their lives. Aint that about a bitch?
Get a clue, I had nothing to do with slavery, neither did anyone on this planet. I do not have "white privlage" as you lightly put it. I am a poor white man that works a regular damn job. You want to bitch about slavery, go to Africa and start your reparations lawsuits in the one of the countries where your own family sold you off into bondage until then, please find it in your small feeble "racist " minds to STFU.

Yomi

give me a break america and americans should be the last to talk about boycotting anything or anyone over their involvement in slavery...if thats the case we should all boycott america (and all of its corporations)....people (americans) in glass houses should'nt throw stones!!!

Buster

This is such bullsh*t. Quit living in the past. Barclays does not own slaves now do they? How far do you wish to take this? In the United States slavery was once legal. So are you going to boycott the United States? If anything, you should be thanking Barclays for doing some investment in the Bronx. That is obviously going to contribute to the economy of the black community there. Do some research about the compay. Yes they are a british owned company and yes, they probably made money off of slaves. But, England abolished slavery before America did. The black community needs to stop acting like a victim all the time. You have far to many role models and success stories to use the suffering of your ancestors as the reason why you feel you cannot succeed in the country.

NubianGoddez

I'am waiting for the boycott. but money talks

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments