Hard Rock Hotel on Lockdown

2/9/2007 3:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Seminole Hotel on lockdownThe hotel where Anna Nicole Smith was discovered unconscious yesterday has transformed into Fort Knox. Plainclothes officers and private security are stationed all over the hotel, roaming the floors and protecting the elevators. TMZ counted six police cruisers stationed in front of the hotel entrance.

After yesterday's media blitz, hotel employees have been under strict orders to stay mum. So far, most are obeying.

tylde

Regardless of whether the baby's name was changed after Daniel's death (to Daniel Lynn), it's still interesting that Anna Nicole concatenated his name and her middle name for her baby girl. I always wondered why she was so adamant that Larry Birkhead not have the DNA tests done. He seems sketchy, but not any worse than anyone else around her.

And, if, as some theorize, she had been impregnated w/Marshall's sperm, it seems as if she would have jumped at the chance to prove it w/DNA tests; it definitely would have helped her claim those million$. ... and iff *Howard* was really the father, it still seems like they'd have jumped at the chance to prove it w/DNA testing, since they both went to great lengths to establish Howard's paternity.

Considering all the other cartoon-like, tragic antics of Anna Nicole's life, incest isn't really that far off the board. It's not like it would have been the first time a mother and son had sexual relations and consequent offspring. ... and her relationship w/her son seemed more like he was the caretaker... not a standard mother-son relationship by any means. Plus, it really seemed like her mode of expression was sexual... like that's how she communicated and maneuvered.

It's not disrespect that leads people to wonder if Daniel was the father. My best guess is, with the DNA test being pushed by Birkholder, discussion of the possibility of Daniel being the father may have taken place. Daniel's response could have been to do what addicts under stress do: fix ... maybe w/helpful Howard's aid. Howard may not be a murderer, but he may have seen Daniel as both a liability/obstacle and someone whose suffering justified a quick out... one which he may have helped enable.

If the scene played out in the hospital room, with Anna there and passively complicit, the guilt would have made it even harder for her to cope. Thus her death following closely on the heels of one of the few genuine loved ones in her life: Daniel. Obviously, I don't know. But, with such a bizarre set of circumstances already in play, Daniel's possible paternity is not really an extraordinary possbility.

Michelle

I find it very hard to figure out why she would name her daughter DANIELlynn and then three days later her son DANIEL dies! Its like she knew it was coming,

why would you name your daughter after your son?

I don't know, it's all very sad.
r.i.p anna nicole & daniel

Miss Armanda

I feel bad for all the people working at that hotel. I myself work at a hotel and it has to be pretty hard to keep shut when I am sure the press is going nuts. This is a horrible story. So tragic for everyone involved.

amberbrushetteisasleaze

idiot she had not named her daughter yet after her son died she named the baby that as a tribute. It is her baby she can name it anything she wants

Hayley

The hotel is on lockdown so the cops can collect evidence. Howard K. Stern is hiding something!

Cindy

I don't think she named that baby until after Danny died, but I could be wrong.

AmyLynn

I think she named her daughter after her son's death. I think you can wait a certain amount of time before naming a newborn--they just have to have a name before they leave the hospital. Don't quote me, but I think that's how it works.

Vickie

She might have planned on naming her daughter after her son, DANIEL ALL ALONG.

Patti

Actually, Michelle, the baby girl was named Danielynn AFTER Daniel died, not before. As kind of a tribute to her brother.

She actually had a different name when she was born, but Anna Nicole changed it to Danielynn right after Daniel died.

And you're so right - it's tragic all the way around.

JLOANTHONY ROCKS

ANNA AND FAMILY I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU.

GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU AND IF ANYTHING SMELLS FUNNY THE CSI'S IN FLORIDA WILL TAKE CARE OF IT!!!!!!!

I WILL MISS YOU ANNA!!!!!!

Leah C

She named the baby Hannah (or so reported) until Daniel died, then she changed the name to Danielynn Hope. She and Howard said on ET that the baby was their hope for the future, hence the middle name.

jamieleigh

Ok, I worked at a hotel and you'd better believe I would have risked getting fired ANY DAY if it meant selling a story to HELLO magazine! I wouldn't have to work for like...a few months! Sweet... Man... now I kinda wish this happened at the hotel I worked at, when I worked there...

Jamie

READER

THE BABY WAS NAMED HOPE ORGINALLY SHE CHANGED THE BABIES NAME AFTER SHE DIED - THE WHOLE THING IS SO OUT OF CONTROL IT IS A DESPERATE SITUATION SHE WAS IN IF SHE PLANNED THIS THEN THERE IS SOME SORT OF LEGAL DOCUMENT STATING HER WISHES THAT WILL BE BROUGHT FORWARD. HONESTLY I THINK HOWARD WAS A YES PERSON AND HE HAS TO BE DEVESTATED EVERYONE HE HAS SHARED HIS LIFE WITH OVER THE PAST 10+ YEARS ARE GOING TO BE GONE DANIEL, ANNA AND THE BABY WILL GO TO BIRKHEAD I AM SURE HE IS THE FATHER I THINK ANNA WAS AFRAID OF THE NORMALCY HE INSISTED UPON VERY TRAGIC AND SAD AND I ADDICTED TO FINDING OUT ALL ABOUT IT ODD BUT THERE IT IS.

BleedingDreamer

i think somethings going on with stern. he was seen giving daniel methadone before he died....... from how things sound, anna died in the same manner. both just fell over, dead. plus i watched her show and never saw a tiny spark between the two. the "marriage" seemed like a scam from the beginning. i just hope that this means her daughter will get to find out who her real daddy is.

READER

HANNAH READER #9 IS CORRECT IT WAS HANNAH THEN SHE CHANGED THE NAME AFTER DANIEL DIED.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments