Could Beyonce Get Hepatitis from Wolfgang Puck?

2/27/2007 10:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

An urgent warning has been issued by the Health Department, warning the star-studded crowd who attended the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue party on Valentine's Day that they may have been exposed to acute hepatitis A. The list of possibly exposed guests: Beyonce Knowles, Leonardo DiCaprio's girlfriend Bar Rafaeli, and dozens of ridiculously hot bikini models.

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health confirmed that an employee of Wolfgang Puck Catering was recently diagnosed with the disease, and has strongly urged anyone who attended the SI party, or any of the 13 other events catered by Puck between Feb. 1 - 20, to get an immune globulin shot by tomorrow to prevent illness.

When contacted, a rep from Puck's catering company would not tell TMZ which other events Puck catered, nor would they reveal how many other people may have been exposed to the illness. They did say, however, that no one who attended Sunday's Governor's Ball at the Academy Awards is at risk.

A rep for Beyonce told TMZ that they "were looking into it."

queen of long beach

ewwww

ihatep-piddly

Poor Beyonce. No Oscar and now possible hepatitis B.
When will this agony end for this gracious lovely worm, oops, meant woman. Keep your head up, Beeeeeeeeee.......

Whatever

Gross!

Oh that SUCKKKKKS! poor poor beautiful hot bikini models!

San

It wasn't hep-b...it was acute hep-A. Bigggggggggg difference there!!!!!!!

Hep-A has NO LINGERING EFFECTS and the worst a person might get is a couple weeks of flu-symptoms. That's why most people who get it never know.

BTW, there's a Hep-A shot that prevents you from ever reacting from an exposure. Anyone who lives in L. A. and hasn't been immunized for the heps or t.b. pretty much deserves the risk they take on.

Had I been at the Oscars, I'd be on the phone to my doctor. WP can't guarantee that another staff member wasn't infected by eating food prepared alongside the first. To say anything else sounds like the spin doc's are working hard!

Aphid

AH-HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not a huge fan of Beyonce's, but I know tons of people out there really hate her and are probably loving this. I'm just finding it funny that it happened at a big-name shee-shee event....I wonder who else was there??

chopchop

I smell a lawsuit!!!!!!
#6: How exactly is Beyonce "your girl" ! Idiot!!

Caribbean Goddess

That is over the top. I hope that everyone who attended the party
goes to visit their primary care physician a.s.a.p. Beyonce, slow
it down girl. I see it, you are on most likely going to have a
nervous break down. You look stressed out you have to much on your plate right now. You look good but I am a woman and I can see it in your eyes that you are drained. Take a break, you deserve it.

Amanda

BIG OOPS!

Joanne

This is one of the many times I don't get invited to these things. I hope you are ok, Beyonce.

what ever

I hear law suits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lorraine

THAT'S PUCKED UP.

Shante

Sue him Bee!

Ashley

Why does TMZ have to put everyone on blast and out of all the people you put beyonce name on the header to start shit. TMZ sucks I don't think this was anyone outside of that partys business. They don't even know if anyone was exposed so why try to embarrass people. Hep A is not even that big of a deal most people are rid of it after 6 weeks with little or no symptoms so why make abig deal out of it?

Wicked

#8 she's jealous of Jennifer Hudson..that's Beyonce's problem.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments