EXCLUSIVE: Virgie Visits Baby Dannielynn

2/28/2007 9:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Virgie Arthur, Anna Nicole Smith's mother, visited her granddaughter last night in the Bahamas for the first time, and TMZ has obtained an exclusive photo of Grandma Virgie after the encounter.

Sources tell TMZ that Arthur arrived at Horizons, the Nassau house where Howard K. Stern is looking after the child, around 8 PM last night, and left about 50 minutes later. We're told she looked and acted "distraught" upon leaving, and was accompanied by a bodyguard and a driver, as well as a brunette woman described as a "relative."

Just a couple days ago, Larry Birkhead, who claims to be the father of Dannielynn, met the baby for the first time, also at Horizons. Lawyers for the parties will be in court in Florida this morning to present arguments concerning the future disposition of Anna NIcole's body.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

armymom

Good for Virgie

Paula

Oh God PLEASE....She only spent 50 minutes...Not a whole hour? She probably had to rush out of there to talk to her lawyers about seeing what else she could do to get custody because she saw the "cash cow" 1st hand. I bet Anna is just rolling over in her grave knowing that "mommie dearest" touched her child. That woman is not a mother and is only seeing dollar signs. She absolutely makes me ILL.

Attractive?

Glad that happened. TMZ meant where "Stern is holding the child hostage". lol. Scum.

Teri

You go Grandma! This is a FAMILY matter, and STERN and Birkhead are NOT family!!! Take your gbaby, and Grand child home!!

Blue

I'm glad she got to meet her grandaughter and I hope for Dannielynn's sake they put the b.s. aside and focus on that poor baby girl. One day she'll be old enough to find out about everything that surrounded her birth and her mother's death. My heart goes out to that little one.

Susana

Let's make nice before court... POOR ANNA.. They all make me sick.

Me

#2: She can't be rolling over in her grave, because she doesn't have a grave. Now how sad is THAT?

Millz

Oh yes, allow Virgie to take her grandbaby home so that she may be able to allow that witch sister in law along with her self to make more profit off of Anna's death. I'm sure that her "friend" who is the journalist will be more than happy to take the first "family" photo of them together.

I hope that Howard and Larry form a bond and fight to keep this money grubbing Virgie Arthur out of the picture. If she cared so much for Anna, why wasn't she a part of her life?

Michele

I am glad she got to see her for a little while, BUT i don't want her getting custody? Why should she? DannieLynn needs to be with her FATHER not GMOTHER, she wants custody because if she has her, then she will feel she is entitled to Anna's belongings and money etc if she were to finally get that 475 million.. Doesn't anyone see that? Oh I have custody, so I can get my hands on the money, who else is going to make sure she gets what she needs? I bet that is what she is thinking. I think if DannieLynn inherits all that money, a neutral 3rd party person should be in control of it kinda like Lucy on I love lucy lol. Even if no money is involved, if she gains custody, then she probaly thinks she is entitled to properties etc and will sell it all

j

IM CONFUSED FOR THIS WOMEN. I TRULY WANT HER TO FIGHT FOR GRANDCHILD. BUT,,,,,,, I THINK ABOUT WHY U DIDNT GET GRANDMOTHER RIGHTS B4 YOUR DAUGHTER CRANKED OUT! HMMMMM YEAH,
IMHO.....I WOULD PUT THE BABY IN FOSTER CARE IN THE US. ALL OF THEM ARE FOR THE MONEY. THIS WAY,, A FOSTER FAMILY WOULD LOVE THIS BABY,,AND NOT BE ABLE TO HELP THEMSELVES TO THE POT OF GOLD!. THEN WHEN SHE TURNS 18! SHE BECOMES A GUARDIAN AD LIEMS CARE AGAIN, AND THIS PERSON TELLS HER SHE IS ONE RICH CHILD!

Jenn

I don't know what to think anymore with all of this going on..I just hope baby dannielynn gets a chance to be happy in life and receie the respect her mom never had. Please let her rest in oeace already....My heart goes out to danny, anna, and dannielynn!

Keepin' It Real

The woman was a deputy sheriff for 28 years, so she surely has some redeeming qualities. Has anyone except me noticed that the only time you heard ANS bashing her Mama was when ANS was doped up (which apparently was 75% of her life)? And what if anything did Virgie ever take from ANS when she got wealthy? NOTHING except what ANS gave her, so she may not be so "money grubbing" as some people say. Their relationship fell apart when ANS started living the drugged up life. What Mama is going to sit by & condone that kind of lifestyle for their child? Especially when the Mama deals with criminals in her occupation. I think we should give Virgie a break.

LucieLee

I so glad that Virgie got to see her granddaughter.....and the fact that Virgie is the grandma is not and never will be in dispute...at least something that Judge Seidlin said was agreed upon............."the parties should come together and take care of this child", apparently that is what is happening

jocker

Get in my Belly!!!! I want my baby back baby back

Janet

You just can't please people! People complain when family members come out in the media as for wanting 15 minutes of fame, and if they stay behind the scene, then they are attacked as not caring, not supporting etc. Nancy Grace was asking about ANS's siblings - and as far as I am concern it takes a lot of strength to put yourself through this media frenzy. Virgie never cared for the spotlight, and this has to be hard for her.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments