A.I. Contestant

Accused of 'Masturbating' in Suit

3/12/2007 7:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0312_mario_vazquez_wi_bn-1Former "American Idol" finalist Mario Vasquez is facing accusations that he tried to masturbate in front of a male employee in a bathroom on the set of the hit show in February 2005.

Shortly thereafter, Vasquez mysteriously dropped out of "Idol," citing personal reasons.

According to the lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court and obtained by TMZ, Vazquez allegedly "sexually harassed" Magdaleno Olmos, assistant accountant for Fremantle Media, the company that produces American Idol.

In the lawsuit, Olmos claims "Vazquez stared lasciviously, smiled lasciviously ... and on one occasion followed him into a bathroom ... knocked on the door of the plaintiff's stall and made eye contact through the space in the stall door."

The lawsuit alleges that Vazquez "started to rub his genitals over his pants. Attempting to leave the bathroom, Olmos opened the door of the stall and saw Vazquez standing in front of him with his pants down masturbating."

According to the documents, Vazquez pushed Olmos "further into the stall and continued masturbating with one hand and trying to pull down Olmos' pants with another hand."

Olmos claims that he tried to "cover his body with his hands" but Vazquez touched his "chest and stomach underneath his shirt, and Olmos' "genitals" as Vazquez "attempted to unzip" Olmos' pants.

Vazquez then allegedly asked Olmos "if he wanted oral sex."

In the lawsuit, Olmos claims that as he "managed to get out of the stall, and attempted to leave the bathroom," Vazquez, grabbed his arm "in an effort to stop him." Vazquez continued to call Olmos to come back as Vazquez "stood in the bathroom with his pants still down."

In the suit, Olmos claims that he tried to report the incident to a superior named Eric LaPointe, who allegedly responded by telling Olmos that "he was crazy" and "repeatedly threatening to fire" him. A few months after the incident, Olmos claims he was "terminated."

In addition to suing Vazquez, Olmos has named FOX Entertainment and Fremantle Media as defendants in his lawsuit for wrongful termination.

Reps from FOX tell TMZ, "We haven't been served, but we wouldn't comment on pending litigation."

Calls to Vazquez's attorney, and reps from "American Idol" on behalf of the defendants, have not yet been returned.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

NYC

I knew he was because I know him from the block in the bronx but I still think whats the big deal! You go Mario!...LOL I will give you a call soon!

theblemish

Even if you're a loser on American Idol, you're still a winner.

I love it!

O Noooooo! That is terrible. Mystery solved. I always wondered what happened. He could actually sing too. What took so long with the lawsuit though?

Sunshine all Day Long!

Ok, this is just nasty
too bad, this guy was a Great singer

Cael

HOT! LOL!

wow im stupid...I didn't know he sung gallery and was gay. He's okay in my book excluding the lawsuit. He's still hot at times too. That guy so knew he wanted it LOL!

tmzfan2032

Here we go again. Another Idol scandel. Go figures. People are money grubbing pigs in this country. Also people are jerks like Antonella's boyfriend and friends. They all suck. I think everyone would have a better time looking a things that are hotter and read good articles, click on the link below the one on my name as poster to see do kill some time and do something better

SuperStarSteve

There's always two sides to every story....I wonder what precipitated this event? It sounds to me like there may be more to this story than meets the peek a boo eye...

He's Boring now

So why didnt he call the cops? Hope its not some money snatching scheme, but if it isnt, than AI may have some explaining (pay out) to do as to how an employee was sexually harrassed and assualted.

And at one point did Olmos wipe his ass? Didnt see that in the recount of his stall experience.

Liz

Does ANYONE know what T.M.Z. actually stands for?????????

S.R.

Why is he including Fox and Fremantle Media?? What did THEY do to him??? Or... are their pockets deeper..... (rhetorical)

S.R.

Are you all absolutely sure that Antonella Barba wasn't behond the "leak"?? If I had been "outed" without my permission, in front of the whole world, including my parents, trying to sing LIVE every week, I'd have been an embarrassed mess!
Please.... she absolutely participated in the mysterious"leak".

Only in

Post # 9 TMZ stands for TO MANY ZOMBIES

WTF

#12....No she was not behind the leak
You are completely off base sorry.

cindyg

this is so ridiculous he has a voice in which god gave him and he had the chance and he pulls this how dumb , nasty , the words are so hard to explain to the fact of what occured that is beyond gross , here you have an opportunity and you do the stupidest thing most nasty thing i have ever heard i like to sing my self and dont like to brag i have a voice that god blessed me with and i take advantage of it , but that was totally uncalled for he needs to calm down his hormones !!! kind of pisses me off that he does that wat a loser that was beyond nasty.

GO DOG YOUR THE MAN!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness if he wanted a hand why did't he go to Paula,she's known for giving a helping hand and then some.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments