Madonna Brings Baby Back -- to Malawi

4/17/2007 4:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Madonna: Click to watchMadge returned to the African orphanage from which she adopted David Banda -- and brought the child with her for the visit.

The Material Mom, daughter Lourdes and baby Banda visited the Home of Hope in Mchinji, the Malawian village near the Zambian border. The family visited with the residents, and the kids sang for the Queen of Pop as her daughter videotaped the reception.

Madonna is in the region to oversee charity projects and is not looking to adopt another child.

E. Alneda

I can't wait to see how many nasty comments everybody makes about Madonna helping to build a health clinic in Africa. Why can't she start here, why help Africans, she's a publicity whore, blah blah blah

Drama Continues!

I don't get it why these so called "Stars" are jumping on the band wagon to adopt foreign kids...we have a bunch of them in every state (although not all babies) just waiting for a loving home???? What's the big deal about adopting from these other countries?
Don't American children deserve the same chance?

Freakhater

E ALNEDA............GLAD YOU GOT THAT OFF YER SHOULDERS, GOOD PLOY! THIS IS HOW YOU FEEL, YOU JUST DIDN'T WANT TO GET THE BACKLASH!!!!!! IT'S OK THOUGH, I FEEL THE SAME WAY, I THINK ALSO THAT SHE'S CRUEL TO TAKE THAT CHILD BACK TO WHERE HE CAME FROM, SHE'S REALLY SCREWING WITH HIS HEAD, WE COULD USE SOME OF HER CASH HERE TOO!! PONY UP MADGE, SPREAD THE WEALTH!!!!!!

GINA

i think its great she brought him to visit with his birth father....Madonna does many great things for children and charity

E. Alneda

#2 Does it really matter?? Aren't we all part of the human race? Shouldn't we all be concerned about helping other human beings no matter the color of their skin. I don't know if you are Christian or not but do you think Jesus would be saying that?? Where is it written that if you live in a certain country, that is the only people that should get your kindness, love and philanthropy. Isn't there enough hate in the world???

Kristina

I think she has always been on the receiving end of some un-necessary harsh criticism...Good for her and what she's doing.

Ivana

I think Madonna should be applauded for her efforts in helping these children in Africa. I am also happy to see Lola with her mother during this special spiritual journey. If only more children in America got the opportunity to see how "good" they have it. They might stop killing each other and respect one another a little more.

Kim

#2, Monday lives in England. Why would it make the most sense for her to adopt a baby from America? Reason #7,903 why people hate Americans.

#7, I get what you're saying about the human race. It's true... why does it matter where they're adopted from?

show me the $$

E. Alneda,
Well then I for one am glad to hear that there are no more needy children in America that we have to import some.

newsflash

Bitch/hag Madonna's helping to build a health clinic in Africa.

Why can't she start here? There's plenty of kids need help in the U.S. Why help Africans?

She's a publicity whore. That's why.

Ivana

#2... Very sad that there are need children in America in 2007. We couldn't even help people in New Orleans never mind children.

If our government spent half the money that is being spent on the illegal war in Iraq we could wipe out poverty and fund better health care.

Madonna is doing her part when will our government step up?

mind your business

As a person who works for an adoption service, I would like to point out that adopting in the US has become a very long and tedius process, often times held up by the birth parent not wanting to terminate rights, then there are the home studies and so forth and so on. Then there are the children who are stuck on the fostercare rollercoaster. It is a hard process on the children and those trying to adopt. I have encounted many families who have tried to adopt in the good 'ol US of A only to be told they cannot have the child due to some obsure reason or relative that wants to collect a check for them. Check the facts before you judge someone.

Also for those of you asking why adopt children from other counties why not? Who gets to decided a child should not have a home base upon the fact that they don' t liver here? Grow-up. If are not going to adopt youself then don't critize those who do. Every child in the world deserves to LOVED and CHERISHED , no matter where they are from.

Grow up and mind your own business, you will live longer.

adrlau

YOU POST #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adrlau

SORRY...................... POST 1 YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

If I were Madonna I'd go to my castle,

feed the crocodiles in my moat, raise the drawbridge

and live out my life bossing the servants around..

Madonna WHY can't you be happy ?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments