Alec Baldwin -- REDIRECT

4/19/2007 4:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

jeni

TO NUMBER #5424

HEY EVERYBODY, NOW WE HAVE A WIFE BEATER JOINING US.
WOULDN'T THE JUDGE LOVE TO HEAR YOUR SOLUTION.

WISHING A MAN LUCK WHEN HE THREATENS HIS CHILD. SOUNDS LIKE YOU
AND ALEC SHARE THE SAME PARENTING SKILLS..MAYBE THAT IS WHY YOUR
SON IS IN THIS SITUATION TO BEGIN WITH. THE APPLE NEVER FALLS TO FALL
FROM THE TREE.

BY THE WAY, IM AN ATTORNEY...AND A GREAT ONE. SOUNDS LIKE YOUR
SON IS GOING TO NEED A GOOD ONE IN DAYS TO COME IS HE HAS YOUR
MENTALITY. MAYBE THE JUDGE WILL GET TIRED OF YOU SON AND
GIVE HIM A VACATION IN THE BIG HOUSE. I BET A FEW DAYS IN WITH
BUBBA WILL CHANGE HIS AND YOUR ATTITUDES. REMEMBER THIS
IS THE MOTHER OF HIS SON, AND THAT IS HOW THE COURT FEELS
YOUR SON SHOULD FEEL. HAVING YOU IN HIS CORNER, WELL JUST
ASKING FOR TROUBLE.

I WISH YOUR GRANDSON WELL, BUT THE CHANCES ARE HE WILL
END UP JUST LIKE YOU AND YOUR SON...AND THE JUDGE REALIZES THIS.

jeni

THIS MESSAGE TO 5424

ARE YOU A FRIEND OF O.J. SIMPSON ?

William David Tritt III

I have been alienated from my children for several years. I cannot get in touch with them, and my wife continues to deny visitation, phone calls etc. I have been there for both children all their lives. I drive four hours to see them, and I am sent away. As my daughter turns 14, she is buying into my wife's hatred of me. She controls me constantly. I admire Alex that you are fighting a similar battle. I know what you have been through. and I am fighting a domestic charge based on saying that my child disrespected her mother. I am a school teacher and I am looking for justice. I understand the terminology parental alientation.
Thank you for standing up for every man or women that is a victim. Actually, the children are the real victims. I hope you can attain justice for victims suffering this kind of abuse.

Molly

Just a thought or two:

I couldn't even BEGIN to decide whether Alec Baldwin's parental rights should be terminated. That's for a court to decide after hearing and seeing all the FACTS available to them and their decision SHOULD be in the best interests of the child.

It has been my experience that it takes TWO to make a marriage ... or to fail at the marriage. As to whether or not Kim Basinger should have leaked (or ALLOWED TO BE LEAKED) the taped phone message, there are a LOT of things to consider. IF there has previously been ANY kind of domestic abuse OR signs of possible future domestic abuse, ... THEN ... maybe that was her best avenue to protect herself AND her child. Certainly the child had to be HURT to hear her father say those things (and he didn't deny the tape ... only said that his ex Kim was responsible for leaking it). And, certainly hearing her father say those things would terrify her ... I have BEEN a victim of child abuse BOTH physical and mentally/emotionally, so I can comment on this with experience backing me. IF ... his daughter wasn't terrified, she at the very least (whether she would admit it or not) had to be HURT and ANGRY.

Alec Baldwin's friends were quoted as "knowing what he has gone through in the last six years," but regardless of what he's gone through, the ANGER should NOT be directed at his daughter, but should be dealt with in an appropriate manner, and NOT lashing out at his ex either. Regardless of what she has done, she IS the mother of his child, and anything he does to hurt his ex will ultimately HURT HIS CHILD! If she has done improper or inappropriate things, then he should deal with that in an ADULT manner and not directing his anger and frustration at his child.

It wouldn't surprise me if HIS DAUGHTER leaked the tape, with the knowledge of her mother and her mother's attorneys. Ultimately, it is the children who suffer. I say that from EXTREME EXPERIENCE! Fortunately somewhere down the road, there is a healing that can happen, but forgetting is more difficult.

Perhaps if Alec Baldwin gets some help with controlling his anger and frustration, then perhaps he will be able to have some kind of relationship with his daughter. At this point in time, everything is very, very FRAGILE! I don't CONDONE the leaking of the tape, however, I WONDER if it wasn't done ultimately to PROTECT THE CHILD. Of course, it really doesn't matter what I (or others) think. It is STILL a matter for the court to decide.

-- Molly

kosegin

we all know that alec baldwin is a temperamental person,but also we do know that he is a great human being who loves kids, much more, he's kid-ireland. i'm absolutely positive that he passed through a difficult period of time,and that's why he overreacted like this.. i hope that his relationship with ireland to improve, because i know A.B. isn't so blind & mean 2 not see that they are best friends and they love eachother. god bless them!!!....peace :)

Funkstress

That WAS alec's nasty voice and i think he should be shot in the finger for his comment, amd he absolutely meant to hurt that child!

L

This is just another example of human corruption. Yes, it was bad of Alec to say that, but people are put under pressure. The mere fact that Kim Basinger was vindictive enough to release this tape demonstrates the amount of pain she wishes to see him in. Vindiction breeds sadism, and it is this sadism that ultimately caused Baldwin's explosion. It is apparent that Basinger is manipulative and trying to bend her daughter into hating her father. And hating your father, in any case, is not healthy.

L

The mind is a fascinating thing, particularly in children. Everyone is raving about how scared Ireland will be from this incident. Well, incredibly enough, I have the feeling that her mind will recover. Think about it, she said she was "fine" with her mother releasing this tape to the public. If she were truely hurt by this (I have no doubt it was damaging, but not the earthquake people are making it out to be) then she most likely (given the facts) would have done everything in her power to prevent the release and subsequent continuation of this event. The most basic of defensive mechanisms (a therefore most common in the undeveloped - child's - mind) is denial. This is clearly not denial, in fact having this tape made public fits no known defense mechanism. For all you people who want to deny this man the right to see (not keep) his child, answer me this. In common psychology two aspects of mind are needed, the mother and the father. In this case Ireland is being denied both. As cruel as it seems there is a reason human males are as impulsive and, to be frank, tiresome as they are. The harshness of this man is just part of growing up, similar to falling and scraping your knees. While this is a particularly bad scrape I highly doubt Ireland will be dying from it.
A single verbal event does little damage to child if it is forgotten, but when the aspects of the event that damaged the child in the first place are continued then the mind begins to inflate it. If you fall and cut yourself you will forget the pain...unless someone is constantly inquiring whether or not it hurts. So, in conclusion, for all you people who claim to be worried about Ireland it is best to silence yourself. For all you people who have decided to hate Alec Baldwin for all eternity then have fun with that, I will not attempt to defend him anymore then saying there are very few who could grasp the pain and remorse he must (unless he is sociopathic, which I highly doubt) feel.
Not answering your phone alone isn't enough to make someone yell like that, whichs leaves us with the question. What did make him yell like that?

NJ-Single-Dad

Alec,

You are a human. An all American dad. And we ALL, as parents, have those moments with our kids.

Anyone that is honest will admit they've said, done or thought responses along the lines that you simply (and naturally) offered.

And then later, in out better moments, we sort of wish we'd accept the challenges of parenthood more graciously. Yet, there are "parents" in ghetto communities that beat their kids (I was beaten with a belt and broom handle), who think it's okay to physically abuse a kid.

I know you don't advocate that and I know how you felt with your daughter's irresponsible behaviors!

My 11 year old in now 32 years old and time and life have worked it all out to perfection.

Trust in God. Continue to love her as we Dads will always do with our "little princess" and accept the hormones and insanity they bring as part of life's journey.

Alex, when I first heard the tape, all I could do was identify with you as a Dad who loved his daughter and despite the insanity of divorce, was trying to make a go of it -- being all you could be to her.

You are not a "bad man" but a normal, healthy, USA dad trying like all of us, to survive adolescence and a wacky ex.

God Bless and protect you. He did miracles for me. Trust in the good Lord.

Mike Miller

LEAVE THE GUY ALONE,HE MADE A MISTAKE AND I KNOW HOW HE FEELS,MY EX BRAINWASHED MY KIDS IN NOT TALKING TO ME,JUST CAUSE I AM WITH SOMEONE ELSE,ALOT OF WOMAN ARE VERY VINDICTIVE,WHEN YOU TRY AND GET ON WITH YOUR OWN LIFE. HE SHOULD NOT LOSE HIS PARENTAL RIGHTS CAUSE OF ONE MISTAKE THAT IS JUST INSANE.

Mike Miller

Mike Miller

Alec Baldwin made a mistake,sounds like his x wife is being vindictive. We need better rights for MEN,we are losing are rights cause of woman going to far and using any means necessary to get even with us.

Mike Miller

Mike Miller

SORRY YOUR EX WIFE IS GIVING YOU GRIEF ALEC,TAKE CARE BUDDY.

Mike Miller

SORRY YOUR EX WIFE IS GIVING YOU GRIEF ALEC,TAKE CARE BUDDY.

Previous 15 Comments | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments