Baldwin -- Can You Hear Me Now?

4/20/2007 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hours after TMZ posted Alec Baldwin's explosive voice mail message to his 11-year-old daughter, we spotted Baldwin in New York -- on his cell phone! It looked like Alec had already flipped into damage control mode.

Baldwin was spotted making a swift exit from a benefit party for The Old Vic Theatre, keeping his face turned away from cameras as he gabbed on his cell.

whateverhappenedtotheoldfashionedSTARS

Wow... hate to compare but does this seem kinda sorta familiar in some way? Someone needs to step in and NOW before he hurts that child. Kim I hope you have a bodyguard at all times. Go get help Alec and maybe when your daughter reaches adulthood and a seat on the Oprah show she'll forgive you.

mc

Any wonder the kid leaves her cell phone off or doesn't want to talk to him. I would guess this is not the first time he's "gone off" with his controlling, demeaning, abusiveness.

Doesn't matter what set him off.....he has no right talking to an 11 yr old child like that. None. Period. Totally unacceptable. He has serious issues.

I totally approve if his parental rights are taken away, or limited at the very least. I'm glad he is exposed. Keeping these things hidden only ends up being "he said, she said" private battles. Been there, done that, so I know first hand. I only wish I had the common sense to make some recordings myself.

Hearing it first hand from his own lips.........BUSTED BUCKO!

Kathy

don't forget the actress on Broadway that he was working with that left the show because of his abusive behavior toward her

Catherine

I THOUGHT THIS LIBERAL NUTJOB WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE MOVED OUT OF THE UNITED STATES IF GEORGE BUSH WAS ELECTED? Remember that ranting speech of his? Well, its been six years now and WHY HASN'T HE LEFT YET?!

I wouldn't want to talk to him if he was my father either.

Lisa

What are you afraid of Alec? The truth??????

louise Old Rugged Cross Christian

Checkout those who "promoted" this untalented usurper to be in the entertainment industry. We don't have the talented people promoted anymore, they are "sat" on. They are out there, but they have too many morals and too much character to fit the agenda of the promoters. We DON'T get what we pay for anymore. BOOOO to the Hollywood Controllers.

Not too sympathic

I never was a fan of Alec Baldwin, I was even less of a fan during the custody battle of his daughter. I tried to keep an open mind but after hearing the voice mail to his daughter only cemented my opinion of him. He is a liberal jerk who thinks his view is the only view. Calling your own flesh & blood a pig is the lowest form of abuse. I could never imagine looking or talking to my children with such digust and project such a vile sound at them. There is discipline and boundaries children need to learn but not through fear and verbal abuse. He definitely has some anger managemen issues to resolve before he can have a healthy relationship with his daughter.

Everyonegets angry

Everyone gets angry at their children from time to time.....I don't see what the big deal is. Sure, he could have used different language, but what do you want from him? Stripping his rights to his daughter isn't going to benefit anyone except the ex-wife, which is exactly what she wanted. That's why she leaked the recording. Try to repair the relationship between Ireland and her father, perhaps through counseling. That would be better than denying the father/daughter relationship.

yamaja

Don't be so quick to judge a man that has been fighting for his daughter for over 6 six years. His message sounds like a man of frustration to being denied any kind of relationship with his own daughter. You have to remember that Kim Basinger has custody and most likely has been feeding her stories of her father being a bad person. If you haven't walked in his shoes as a man fighting for custody with his ex-wife don't make judgements. I just wish he would have given that message to his ex wife instead.

Pamela

I hope the judge takes his rights away. How dare Alec speak to his own daughter like that. I have a daughter and never in a million years would I speak to her like that. Alec needs to seek professional help.... There are therapist out there. He just needs to get off his butt and look.. And as for his daughter, Ireland, HONEY KEEP YOUR HEAD, BECAUSE PERSONNALY YOU DON'T NEED A FATHER WHO IS GOING TO TALK TO LIKE THAT.

genia

c'mon leave the guy alone. I'm sure it was hard enough being married to that nut job ex of his and even harder trying to be a Father to his daughter he did nothing wrong.Its so obvious that Kim is purposefully again trying to malign Alec in the publics eye.Be real, we all have said things at one time or another in anger that we wish we hadn't. Get off it !this is not news its voyeristic garbage.

realitycheck

I don't think we should be throwing any stones. 12 year olds are usually hard to deal with and can be very frustrating. I wonder what its like in his shoes?

blah blah blah

Phoenix Guy

What gives you the right to say that "ANYBODY" for that matter, deserves to be a victim of any damn thing??
I want to know
Give me an answer big boy
I'm waiting

Oh, and by the way Mr. Phoenix:
What's your excuse for your condition of being so obviously ignorant?
Is it in your genes, or are you just the victim of being ignorant?

beenthere

For all those who take issue with the release of the tape....
One of the most insidious means of control used by abusive people is the "secret" behavior. When nobody knows how they really behave, the abuser has control not only over their spouse/child/etc, but over the public, law enforcement, social service workers, etc.

BRAVO to whoever "leaked" this tape. Alec can't hide behind a veil of secrecy and when that is removed, the abuser loses MUCH of their power and contol over people and situations.

Squirm Alec... I for one am glad to see it....

Jeri Lynn

Alec Baldwin has issues. It has been obvious for some time. His blow-ups at the media, photographers etc made it clear that there is a problem. I am suprised that Kim stayed with him as long as she did, as I am sure there were many such explosions, directed at her during the marriage. I have experienced circumstances like this, and know how terrifying they are. As someone else has already said, and I am sure she knows, Kim should be very careful, as it is clear his anger is focused on her. No normal man would have spoken to his daughter, his child, like that. It is clear he is out of control, and has been, based on what I have heard and seen on television, in the past, for quite some time.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments