It's True -- Rosie Will Leave "View!!"

4/25/2007 10:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has now confirmed the buzz that we exclusively reported last night: Rosie O'Donnell will announce on today's show that she is leaving "The View." And TMZ has confirmed that "View" honchos are already searching for her replacement.

Stay tuned!

UPDATE: LOG ON TO TMZ AT 11:15 AM EASTERN TIME AND WE'LL HAVE A CLIP OF ROSIE'S ANNOUNCEMENT.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Roni

I NEVER REALLY LIKED THE ROSIE ODONNAL SHOW, SHE WHEN SHE STARTED ON THE VIEW I WAS CHOKED!!! THE ENTIRE SHOW SEEMED TO ALWAYS BE FOCUSED ON ROSIE, SHE SEEMED TO DO ALL THE TALKING, I FELT LIKE THE VIEW SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED THE ROSIE SHOW!!! I CANT WAIT FOR HER TO GO, FINALLY ON MY DAYS OFF FROM WORK I CAN LOOK FORWARD TO A CUP OF COFFEE AND THE VIEW...NOT ROSIES LOUD ANNOYING VOICE...

Judy Oliver

It is very sad that Rosie will be leaving the View. I only watch the show because she is there. My neighbours have a list of stupid comments that Elisabeth has made over the years and after todays performance I can see the comments were easily gathered. We have all decided that we won't watch the show once Rosie leaves and we predict the show will be cancelled after one more season. We stopped watching ' The Apprentice' this year, not just because Donald Trump was less than a gentleman after his response to Rosie, but because it was just bad entertainment. We will miss Rosie and wish her every success and will follow her career as an outstanding entertainer.

Kaylene

Im in Sydney Australia. I cant believe how close minded Elizabeth is. Rosie is right when she said "I hope the rest of the world understands that not all of us believe that Bush and the war on Iraq is right". Because if it wasnt for The View, many of us around the world would not know that there are another view. I find it hard to believe that he got voted back in. Thats scary. Umm by the way, is Elizabeth for real when she says that Iraq attacked the world trade centre? My hubby is american and I am so proud of him, but bring the troops home.....no more lost lives. Whats happened to Osama? Dont hear much about him anymore? Why is that?

kathy wojtanik

YES ROSIE HAS A BIG MOUTH- BUT SHE USUALLY SAYS THE TRUTH- I WOULD RATHER LISTEN TO HER THAN THE BLOND BIMBO ELIZABETH. YOU KNEW HOW ROSIE WAS WHEN YOU HIRED HER- GET RID OF ELIZABETH SHES A TROUBLE MAKER

CC

Hey Rosie!!!
You want to run off at the mouth about our troops. It is easy for you to sit up there and flap your fat gums about this war. It is our men and women in the military that give someone like you the right to flap those fat gums of yours. Remember that!!!! My son is one of those troops and to see you on the Today program( it was a clip from the view) running off at the mouth about them just totally disgusts me. What have you done for this country???
You don't care about them. You are not fooling any of us. You are in it for the notariety, and publicity. That is all that you care about. It sure isn't your good looks that is going to get any publicity.
Hey you want to run off at the mouth like this. Make it interesting. Make the audience up of families of the troops. Do this before you leave. Then you run off at the mouth, but they get their say too. I would say with some of the troops, but they wouldn't waste their time on you. See they are busy keeping the freedom of us.
And I have never watched you on this show. Just happen to catch the clip on the today program. At first I thought you had ruined my whole day. But nah you are not worth ruining my day.
I am so proud of our military. I am so very proud of my son. I put my hand over my heart and stand for the flag and say the Pledge of Allegiance and still to this day get tears in my eyes while doing that. I had a grandfather in World War I, and father in World War II, 2 brothers in Viet Nam, and now a son in the military. All so that you can stand on your soap box and grab the publicity at their expense . But you know what? You don't matter. You don't like our military or the fact that they have freed a country ,and are still working at them having freedom in Iraq. Well get the hell out of these United States of America. Go live somewhere else. Just leave!!!

irh

I think Barbara Walters should eat a huge piece of humble pie and admit she made a damned big mistake in hiring Rosy. Had Star Jones behaved the way Rosy has behaved she would not have lasted as long.

I certainly do not appreciate her referring to our Soldiers as terroist. Many people, including myself did not want this war to happen. Many soliders did not either. However, when they make a commitment to be a soldier, they have no idea who their leader will be. As far as I know, Rosy is the only one in the public eye who has crossed the line. It's one thing to say you are against the war, but it is another to make refer to our soliders as terroist. No one has every crossed that line, and that kind of statement puts them more in danger. She makes statements that she cannot back up with facts. It's as if she gets pieces of info and runs with it.

Barbara Walters you got exactly what you deserve. A Big Mouth No it All. You may have received all the ratings with Rosy on, and they may have been lower with Star Jones, but now the View is a disgrace with this Big Mouth. I can't stand her rude behind.

CAROL

Thank God that loud mouthed cow is leaving. Her narrow minded opinions are not appreciated!! I find it disgusting that she calls our troops terrorist and her views on 911 are completely unfounded and ridculous. How can someone who calls themselves an American not support our troops, whether they support the issue or not they should stand by our troops!! Rosie has stepped onto the same platform as "Hanoi" Jane Fonda. As we all know she protested Vietnam and called our troops Nazi's and Baby Killers! If she doesn't like this country she needs to leave! If I remember correctly she was one of the celebrities who threatend to leave the country if Bush was re-elected? He was re-elected so why are you still here?!

Bandit Girl

Hey Rosie let the terrorist live next door to you and threaten you on a daily basis and see who is gonna come to help you and yours.. I would say "NO One" but your children need protection and most are not that cruel and if it were just you who needed protection from the beast then you can fight them alone. Remember Pay back is a bitch......

naconasong

I am sad by all this whopla. Rosie and Elisabeth were coworkers as well as friends. Politics and Religon and how much money you make are things that should not be discussed in such an open manner between friends because things like what happened here can be miscunstrued. I LOVE the View and am sad to see that so many people are laughing about a very sad thing that had to be brought out on stage. I think Joy was only trying to start a topic not a fued. I do not believe that Rosie is a fat, ugly lesbian, against a tiny little christian girl. I see this as a disagreement between two adults and I think we should put more intrest into what happens in our own backyards. If you can't say something nice...
then by all means keep your mouth shut

Catherine Ferguson

You rock Rosie. People don't like to here the truth and live in their own little perfect world. You tell it like it really is and I admire that. I don't know the reason behind why you have left early, but I'm sure you had enough of that perky bull. People who cannot accept the opinion of others have no right to be on a show such as the view. The experience of living a little longer in this world, gives you a more open minded perspecitive. I don't care who they replace you with I have no intention of watching the show anymore and most my friends feel the same way. Rock on Rosie!

buddy

Good Riddance to Fat Loud Crude Ugly Disgusting Biggot Bad Garbage

Carroll

To JW, please do not speak for me.... I will definitely miss Rosie on The View and.... to all the other people who sound more like grade school kids than adults, I won't dignify any of your comments by responding to them.
Rosie was a definite asset to The View. :)

Maureeen

I am so sorry that it had to come to this! Rosie was really treated badly by network and her co-hosts! Ms. Walters knew that Rosie spoke her mind and that she and the network brought her in for this reason and to sabotage her in the way she was is unforgiveable. BUT THAT'S BUSINESS RIGHT! At a person's emotional expense?! Elizabeth...your mind thoughts frighten the hell out of me....You like many Americans who support your PRESIDENT? are his puppets! To follow a leader(?) that invades a country that NEVER had WMD is very close to what the people of Germany followed in the day. Wake-up people! So maybe Rosie did make people feel uncomfortable with what she expressed....AND SO SHE SHOULD! How brave she is! Terrorists! They may live next door to you....Or did you think of it! GOD BLESS THIS WORLD! GOD BLESS FREE SPEECH! GOD BLESS US ALL! And by the way....Apologize to Rosie! She deserves this much!

Brenda

Didn't like Rosie, but compaired to Elisabeth, she's got my vote. Elisabeth has an ego like Bush and personally it sickens me. I won't be watching the show again. Love ya Joy.

Lorna

I am absolutely surprised at the display by rosie and elizabeth - Yes you both have an opinion but being two adults especially in the media that conversation could have been resolved off the air. I have girlfriends and they have varying views but I would never disrespect my friends and you were both wrong to do so - The "View" is just that - views by women - how silly to show emotional outbursts when we as women have been trying for years to show decorum in the line of "fire". We as women have been trying to tell the world that we could have a better handle on the mess that men have caused and yet this display set us back decades....Now ask yourselves was it worth it??? Oh and by the way when giving an opinion please refrain from the " fat and loud mouth" crap it really shows the immaturity expressed by the individuals. If you have something to say especially if you are representing women of all cultures show that you have some education and above all else "decorum".

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments