Rosie Makes It Official -- She's Leaving

4/25/2007 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The reign of Rosie on "The View" is over! She announced on today's show that she's leaving in June after she couldn't come to terms with ABC on a new contract.

Confirming the story that TMZ broke exclusively last night, Rosie led the show, saying, "Breaking news! I've decided we couldn't come to terms with my deal, so next year I'm not going to be on 'The View'." Rosie explained that she wanted a one-year deal, while ABC wanted three years. She insisted that she wasn't fired by ABC or Barbara Walters -- "They're not kicking me out!" she said.

She added that she'll be on the show frequently next season as a guest-host after she makes her exit in June, and will participate in special episodes as well.

Meanwhile, Babwa told viewers she was "sad" about Rosie's exit but said that she "knew" Rosie would only stay for a year when she hired her last spring. Babs also said that she and ABC "have not thought about a replacement" but TMZ has learned that the word is already out in Hollywood to find one.

The View: Click to watchAccording to Joy, the one person who's really cut up about Ro's departure is Donald Trump, joking, "How is he going to resuscitate 'The Apprentice' now?" Even Rosie's frequent sparring partner Elisabeth Hasselbeck thanked her for "taking the shackles off" the show's debate.

Rosie said that her final decision was made when she took a vote with her kids on what to do. One of the kids, says Ro, didn't understand why everyone came up to her when she was in public and told her, "You got to get rid of that [job]."

Then it was business as usual on "The View," as the ladies went on to bash Bush and talk "Dancing with the Stars."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

jnejax

Hi Rosie, I'm a big fan, but I was surprised to see you take the bait from Elizabeth on the view. We all know from experience from watching that she has a serpents tongue when someone disagrees with her. She strikes out like she's possessed and jumps at the chance to make someone look less righteous than she pretends to be. She has jumped all over Barbara and others trying to scream her opinion loud enough so that she comes out being right. She's not nice. She doesn't really care about anyones feelings as long as she gets her points accross.Just like a snake when watching its prey until it has a weak moment then STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!! Get the picture?

NativeVT

Yahoo! Only smart thing the loud mouth has done in a long time!! Maybe now I'll go back to watching the show.

who cares?

BUTCH!!!

Moose

GET HELP ROSIE YOU ARE INSANE!

MICHELLE

THANK GOD!!! She should of been gone a long time ago!

who cares?

POOR ROSIE--farewell fat ass! I will miss you!

PJC30135

I am disappointed. I thought she really took the show to a new level.

Dottie

Prayers have been answered.

Jane

Long overdue

Bird

Not even Rosie could revive The Apprentice. That show is done. Otherwise, I don't watch The View anyway so I don't care if Rosie is there or not. I am tired of seeing her in the news though.

me! jess

rosie is the only reason to watch the view!
cya ABC.

RxKing

The Spin stops where? Good save, Barbara. If we didn't know the Star Jones fiasco so well, we might actually buy this "statement". So, why don't you hire a female who can have some influence on society to the GOOD - instead of a controversial has been?

Anna

Lame excuse. She said that it was a contract dispute. Rosie was suppose to be on for 1 year and get her own show. Rosie is leaving because she is disruptive.

Seriously

I don't believe Bwabwa is sad at all about big mouth leaving.
She must have been high to even hire her.
Anyone who says 911 was planned by our government is sick.
I hope I never see her face in the media again.
She and her "wife" should buy a ranch in Wyoming and disappear
among the tumbleweeds.

Nidabriz

Finally! I used to watch the View...and stopped watching as soon as they hired the liberal soapbox biatch. Free speech? I have the freedom to turn that crap off and i did. And it looks like ABC did it too.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments