The Public Affair Is Over

5/18/2007 1:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Simpson & John MayerIt appears that the epic romance of Jessica Simpson and John Mayer has run its course. Please ... contain your surprise.

As first reported by Perez Hilton, Jess and John have indeed split. TMZ cameras caught a solo Mayer at NYC hotspot Stereo last night, looking just fine on his own. Get in line ladies, he's single again.

As for the reason for the, er, bustup, a rep for John refused to comment on the Grammy winner's personal life, as did Jess' rep.

Could it be because he's on the Time 100 Most Influential list having conversations with presidential hopeful John Edwards while she's pushing her hair extensions? Hmmm...

Some things just weren't meant to last.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Dave

Put your boobs away Jessica....disgusting!

West Coastian

I KNEW he had a brain. At least he was thinking with his "other" head....you know.

stephanie

Horray for me!!!! Yo, I posted on TMZ about this lame ass couple for months. I said it wouldn't last and that Jessica doesn't want to be a "regular" girl, the boheiman type and John's reputation as a down-to-earth musician was totally blown to hell.

After TMZ's pics of Miss Jessica and her "twins" going out every night (without Mr. Mayer), I knew it was OVER!!!!!

Now, can John get his "coolness" back? Hmmmmmmmm, that's the real question.

Whammer Jammer

He probably got tired of her utter stupidity.

Cindy

Glad to see you have found your brains again John! And whats with JS weird new over tanned fake lips look?

justaham

Not sure if they were actually together at all. I think the "affair" was only a publicity stunt.

Me

Sorry but Jessica looks like trash now! what happened to her? she's the color of an oompa loompa! her boobs look plastic and her hair is nasty...poor girl

Dottie

She's a high priced booty call. No man will ever be serious about this twit. She should've stayed with Nick.

Herpy-pAris Hilton

I only have to say one word:

W H O R E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah in NYC

"C Ya" (#4) needs to learn how to spell before he/she comments on "class."

brewstie

Personally, I find the guy repulsive. I think she can do better. Who needs brains when you have a body like that?

Deja

UM DUH! You KNEW this wouldn't last. I kinda feel bad for, Jess now tho!!! And i've never been a fan, but I mean..she looks awful, she can't keep a man, her movies SUCK, her sister's prettier than her..man, that must suck!!!!! John Mayer's ugly, tho. She can get someone hotter than him. He looks retarded.

nwcanadian

I'm with lynnzie. What's so great about John Mayer? And I don't think she's nearly as stupid as people make her out to be.

Omar Paklamis

Could it be that the powr couple just faked the whole relationship to benefit their own careers??? After all Jess is at Cannes (who'd have thunk it after seeing Dukes) and John is mingling with Politicians and winning esteemed awards...(never heard of him before this Simpson act)...

In fact if you look at Brad Pita's site he has a great shot of Jess in Cannes with her new boy-toy...

Sage

He has too much and class and talent to hang out with her permanently. He's worked hard to achieve the level of success that he has achieved and he keeps evolving in terms of his music. Jessica's career is spiraling downwards. No offense to her, but he needs to be with a woman that can keep up with him on all levels. He never seemed much into her at all.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments