Candy to Britney: It's No Pap Smear

6/16/2007 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dear Britney:

You made me do it. I didn't plan to write another letter now. I took two weeks off from TMZ.com because I didn't feel strongly about what anyone was doing -- or else I couldn't decide which side to believe.

You've driven me back to my laptop to ask why, if you have to slither in and out of cars, do clumsy imitations of gymnasts and wear clothes that are just too tight, trashy or skimpy, do you have to pose in front of photographers all the time? We've seen the body parts, poses and clumsy attention-seeking tricks before. You're wearing out your welcome. Some people never can turn away from a train wreck, so who can blame the photographers for waiting for your next one? Do you really want captions such as TMZ's own "Victim of Pap Smear" and "Does Britney Change Clothes for Cash" to be your legacy? You can do much better.

Unlike some others who are famous for being famous, you initially earned the fame and respect you achieved. You were a giant star, a Mouseketeer, a singer whose song titles became part of everyone's vocabulary. You made some missteps. We all do. But, when you become more famous for hideous, irresponsible actions than accomplishments, it's time to step back and figure out where you want your life to go. So many young girls still see you as a role model. Give those kids a reason to look up to you. They're probably even tired of the endless speculation about what undergarments you may or may not be wearing. I know their parents would like you to move on and get dressed. Even the school uniform was more dignified.

You're doing all right with the wigs. I know the paparazzi have a bounty on your (wigless) head. I think it's great that you have a variety of wigs (some very stylish) when you go out in public. If you do feel you need to show how your hair is growing back, at least make a deal with a photographer to sell the photo and donate the money to charity. Do you know what a statement that would make?

Enough with the sorry grabs for attention. Deep down, especially for your sons, people want you to succeed. You can always get attention if you need it. Visit someone famous in jail and attract a zillion photographers if you're that addicted to fame. Americans like winners. We like those stories about what people do with second chances. How about a moratorium on train wrecks and some time out for paying back the fans who helped you succeed?

Best,

Candy Spelling

What's wrong with her face in this picture?

I have never understood why Candy Spelling writes to TMZ, "BUT" that being said................ this was a PERFECT letter. It was to the point, eloquent, and truly said what sooooooooooooooooooo many of us have been thinking.

I hope Britney reads it and most importantly sees the JOKE she has become.

Britney - You are a young mother. Isn't your reputation worth so much more for THEM? They will see all of this and be so embarrassed and teased. Kids can be so cruel. Why give them so much ammo against your own sons? Are you THAT bad a mother?

Put some clothes on. You have the money. Have someone help you with a wardrobe. Don't look trashy and for goodness sakes ...... quit showing your assets around town. TRASHY to the nth degree. You are a mother.............. quit trying to be the teeny bopper that you will NEVER be again. That's part of growing up.

Kandace Fish

Is this women frigging kidding, she should be supporting these girls that she writes to TMZ about, it could have easily been her daughter doing this crap. No wonder her daughter has nothing to do with her, what a frigging biatch.

Mel

Candy staes: I took two weeks off from TMZ.com because I didn't feel strongly about what anyone was doing -- or else I couldn't decide which side to believe.

More likely: I took two weeks off from TMZ.com because I am friends with Kathy Hilton, and even though I want to write an open regarding her train wreck daughter, there is a quiet solidarity between us rich wives.

Amanda

I think the older generation, with LOTS of wisdom behind them, has every right to say what they wish. Who are we to tell them to shut up? Weather you like it or not, they do make a point, and it would be just plain ignorant to not even listen. As for the forum Candy wishes to express herself?.. well how would the rest of us learn ANYTHING if she did not make a public statement?
Too many of us Americans have lost the respect that we should have for the people that have lived long and eventful lives before us. It really is shameful.

Me

10: Being that Britney's over 18, and Tori's over 18, according to your logic Candy really shouldn't be trying to convince ANY grown adult woman with children to act better (and yes, that's exactly what she's doing). So if she's going to speak to Britney, maybe she should be looking at her own grown daughter first.

Memo to Candy: If you can't fix your own, quit trying to fix everyone else's. Let Lynn Spears screw up her daughter some more, while you screw up yours.

Ali

I love Candy! This lady always makes me crack up. I really look foward to reading her letters!
I love ya Candy:)

Sadie

Do you think Candy is really caring about any of your comments???? You guys are gettting so upset at something that she isn't even reading or interested in and if she is reading it she is getting off on it. I think everyone should have not said anything at all then she can see that no one cares about her or what she says

Avamp1

Candy your right, but... We don't need another Dear Abby.

Drewus

Candy find a new hobby!

Cindylou

HEY, CANDY ... PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR OWN TRASHY DAUGHTER AND STOP GIVING UNSOLICITED ADVICE TO THE WORLD. WHO ASKED FOR YOUR OPINION ANYWAY? YOUR ATTEMPT TO GAIN ATTENTION IS BECOMING A BORE. DO SOMETHING WORTHWHILE FOR THE WORLD AND GO AWAY.

Miss Mary

This time, I agree with buttinski Candy. Obviously Britney listens to no one, not even herself - maybe she'll listen now. IT'S TRUE, BRITNEY - you're becoming an embarrassment to yourself and your children. GET OVER IT, GROW UP AND START ACTING LIKE A LADY - stop giving that freak you married a reason to take your kids from you.

whatever4

Ditto that, #1...

& candy, talkin ' bout "someone who did nothing to achieve fame, rather, notoriety", look in a mirror...& write a letter to your compatriot "blond" now in the jail?

toodles.

kcloud

Candy your so awesome! I love your open letters

Paris Hater's Live Sad, Dull & Pathetic Lives

Candy,

"Enough with the sorry grabs for attention," and "Speaking of....others who are famous for being famous," are you referring to yourself? Who are you? If you were not the wife of Aaron Spelling would any one even know or care who you are? NO! You seek publicity by attacking Paris Hilton and Joe Francis. You're a sick old lady that thinks she's better than everyone else and, for whatever reason, pass judgment on people you don't even know. You're turning into a freak show (you already look like one) and the only reason TMZ posts your letters is for laughs!

Get lost Candy.

tuna marie

this woman needs a hobby or something. why does she keep writing letters to a celebrity blog? is her life really that empty and meaningless? jesus, candy, do you know how pathetic you look? worry about your own idiot of a daughter, who broke up a family, than worrying about britney and paris.