Oprah's Got a Crush on Obama!

7/17/2007 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah has a crush on ObamaChat empress Oprah Winfrey put rumors to rest that she might be running for president -- by instead throwing her hefty support behind democratic candidate Barack Obama. Lucky Obama will benefit from an Oprah-fied fundraiser to be held at the daytime diva's massive Santa Barbara mansion this September, reports today's L.A. Times.

Those thinking of attending should start saving now: Getting in the door will cost $2,300 -- that's the maximum individual contribution for primary season. Collected contributions of $25,000 or more will score you access to a VIP reception, and a donation of $50,000 or more will garner a seat at a private VIP dinner with the possible next president.

Think Isaiah Washington, who has also thrown his support behind Barack, was invited? Doubtful!

annabelle

what ever!!!!!!

Tootsie

BARACK OBAMA IS NOT A MUSLIM.

HIS NAME DERIVES FROM HIS FATHER ACTUALLY BEING AN AFRICAN. BARACK OBAMA WAS RAISED BY HIS MOM WHO WAS WHITE AND SHE DID NOT RAISE HIM AS A MUSLIM, some fool has started a false rumor for their own stir-the-pot agenda.

BARACK OBAMA IS BLACK & WHITE - NOT MUSLIM !

perceptive

Amen to that #49.

stopthepresses

Phillip:

I agree wholeheartedly with you. We are a nation that is rotting from the inside out. I haven't seen ANY of the politicians that I like or respect - it's just the lesser of the evils. However, having said that, I don't think Obama or Hillary are our answers, and it's not race or gender that makes me say that.

perceptive

Correction: My previous post (below) should have read "#44". Sorry about that #45.

#45, you might as well give up trying to argue with me. I know about what I speak. In addition, you don't know proper GRAMMAR. I'm an English Major. I won't waste my time responding to you again. Get lost.

huh

uhhhhh...hey Phillip

it's time to take your meds.......or in your tone

IT'S TIME TO TAKE YOUR MEDS!!

Petite

Posted at 2:20PM on Jul 17th 2007 by Dee
In spite of his weaknessess, Bill Clinton was a wonderful President, Hillary learned a lot from him, she is ready.
*******************************************************
I beg to differ that point. Not with you, but in general.

I believe that 9-11 could have been prevented by Clinton, because the entire scheme was cooked-up while he was the president for 8 years. He knew much more about it than we are aware of. He didn't want to rock the 'middle east boat' , and look what that got us.

I know of which I speak, because I've done the research and the reading. It's out there for all to know- you just have to go look. It's not a secret anymore!

Gwen

Why should I care who Oprah is supporting? Just because she has a talk show doens't mean she knows the best pick for a president! I hope her viewers realize this and take into consideration all the pros and cons of the people running!
Just think og the so called "author" she supported in her book club and got millions to buy his book, only to find out later he was a total fake! Need I say more!?

NO NO NO

# 56 I have to disagree with you. I am leaning toward Barack because I don't want to "Same Old" political games that politicians play. Hiliary is in too deep. She will continue to do things the same way. We need some fresh ideas....ideas that make common sense!!! I am not totally sold on Barack, but I do like what I am seeing and hearing so far. I still may vote for Hilary. It is too early to tell.

Also, it sounds like you have some issues with your race. Africa is a beautiful place to visit.

huh

Hey "Voting for Barack Obama in 2008"

Tell us....why did Barack go by "Barry" as he was growing up in that private school in Hawaii??

What was his epiphany??

And you don't need to yell (ALL CAPS!!!!) to get your point across.....unless it is a side effect of not taking your meds yet today, too.

Lynxie Pooh

I like Obama too, I voted for him to bemome a Senator, and I would vote for him to become President. He's intelligent and he does not need a script all the time..He probably has guidelines to keep him from vascilating.

perceptive

Obama is a closet Muslim. End of story.

Zenophobe Alien

Obama is a muslim. Don't be fooled. He had to become"christian" to run for office in the U.S.

The world is still messed up

TMZ is the most racist website I have encountered; the people have such antiquated view points. Did I stumble across the website that is reserved for former angry slave owners, illiterates and bigots? If this is an example of what people think, then the world have not changed at all. I can not stand another year of Republican and Democratic bull crap. I am sick and tired of the same old stuff. In with the new and out with the old! It doesn't have to be Hillary or Obama, just somebody, anybody new and forward thinking? This is not your parents' world anymore, the young generation should step up, unite and take over!

huh

Hey Kirby (MY MOMMIE NAMED ME AFTER A VACUUM) Alexander...#71

Isn't that why WE VOTED for the DEMS in the last election, because they told us they would get the troops out??

And isn't that why the congress now has a LOWER approval rating than Bush?? The LOWEST in the HISTORY of congress!

So why did you post your myspace page....trying to sell a few more vacuums...lol