Keith Urban Blames Paps for Motorcycle Crash

10/1/2007 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Singer Keith Urban was involved in a minor motorcycle accident Monday morning in Sydney, Australia -- and he's hopping mad at paparazzi who he says caused the smash-up!

Witnesses told the Daily Telegraph they saw Urban riding his bike near his home, when he lost control and fell off. The witnesses claim they saw a photographer following Urban on another bike.

When asked about the crash, Urban, through his rep, issued the following statement to TMZ:

"Today's incident was the result of one person's desire to do his job and my desire to maintain my privacy. Some have already attempted to inflate the facts, but the reality is this; while out riding to an AA meeting, a time when my privacy is especially important to me, I felt myself being pursued. I sped up, and in an effort to elude an oncoming car, which was making an illegal U-turn, saw no choice but to drop my bike. In actual fact, my pursuer came to my assistance, without taking photos, and helped me from the road. I returned home, got my car, and continued on my way."

gina

HE SHOULD TAKE DRIVING LESSONS WITH THE KING TOM CRUISE

TOM CRUISE RIDES WITH HORDES OF PAPARAZZIS AND NEVER FELL OFF

THIS SITE SUCKS BTW

Andi

I cannot believe you idiots that are saying bad things about him, you are the same ones who fuel this whole paparazzi mess and cause stars to fall off their wagons!!!! Keith and Nicole are about as REAL as stars can get, and yet you continue to bash them just because they have the star power that you don't. God, all Keith wanted to do was ride his bike to an AA meeting instead of having to go through the whole being chauffeured thing, which in fact will cause MORE paparazzi and more cameras to go off, BTW....I don't always like Keith's music and I will admit to it, but I am very respectful about he handles himself, both with the rehab and dealing with the cameras (usually they are very tolerant).

Chuckles

This is too funny! How many celebs have crashed their motorcycles in the past month? It's an epidemic of the stupids! What a bunch of squids! The only time a bike wreck can be called an actual "accident" is if a meteorite falls from the sky and lands directly on the rider's head. Anything other than that is ALWAYS the rider's fault to at least some degree. As a rider, you control the throttle, the steering and the brakes. If you also control your brain, you won't get into accidents. Ever. And this is coming from 30 years experience riding, racing and selling motorcycles.

Ultramega Ted

Drunk ASS.....

Suzy

like we've never heard that one before

Malissa

I love this question. "what part of anonymous does he not get?"

Let me clarify this for you ignorant people. The "anonymous" part means that no one in the chapter you attend will reveal that you actually participate in meetings. YOU however are perfectly with in your rights to discuss this information if you choose. As long as you are discussing your own personal experience and not violating anyone elses anonimity. Why do you think AA "allows and encourages" you to carry your color coded key chains and coins. These key chains and coins mark milestones in a persons sobriety. AA passes them out and gives YOU the option to carry them if you want.

You people should quit commenting on things you know nothing about.

TNgrl

Keith is a wonderful human being and THE best artist/entertainer out there! Being an owner of a bike, many things can happen and I'm sure this is viable! The persons making these kinds of negative accusations are probable the very ones who would be snapping photo's of Keith when passing or seeing him. Be nice, people! This world is crazy enough, don't you think?!

ckucky