The Dog Apologizes

11/1/2007 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dog ChapmanDuane Dog Chapman has issued the following statement apologizing for his racist tirade caught on tape:

"My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation. It was completely taken out of context. I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term.

I have the utmost respect and aloha for black people – who have already suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred. I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world. I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused. In Hawaii, we have something called Ho'oponopono, where people come together to resolve crises and restore peace and balance.

I am meeting with my spiritual advisor, Rev. Tim Storey, and hope to meet with other black leaders so they can see who I really am and teach me the right thing to do to make things right, again. I know that all of my fans are deeply disappointed in me, as well, as I have tried to be a model for doing the right thing. I did not do the right thing this time, and hope you will forgive me. We learn from our mistakes, as my story of overcoming a life of crime has proven, and I will learn from this one for the rest of my life."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Lena

Dog, you didn't say anything that many of us in the south have said for years. White trash is the same as black white trash....so keep you chin up my fellow christian and don't stoop to their level. From a southerner who knows the truth.

Frankie

Idiot

annoyed

Sounds contrite to me. I just hope he leaves Al Sharpton out of it.

NOT BELIEVING IT

We all make mistakes at times...whoever leaked this recording is a real a**! Hang in there Dawg!

Seriously

Dog, Dog, Dog, you meant what you said.
Quit kissing ass and apologizing. Trust me, they wouldn't apologize.

mallory

WE STILL LOVE YOU!!! YOUR AWESOME AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE THAT! EVERYONE WILL FIND IT IN THERE HEART TO FORGIVE YOU!! EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES! LOVE YOU !

Frankie

Ha ha....I always laugh at the ones that say 1st.....well I guess now I can say it...FIRST BITCHES! LMAO!!!

Donkeypuncher

You're forgiven my son

Psycho Josh

I think this was heart felt. I do not think we need to forget what was said, but, learn, heal, and grow from it.

College Grad

Awww woe is he. If he was just upset about her character then he would have said things to attest to those traits, but he didn't. Now he has to be accountable for his actions and take the consequences like a man. Eveybody makes mistakes but i don't think the Dog was mistaken he was just speaking how he felt.

AZ MOMMY

This is damage control. I don't buy it for one second. He's only upset and regretful because he got caught and A & E suspended production of his show.

kgb

Why is anyone surprised that this guy spoke like that?
Look at him.
I don't care if we are supposed to PROFILE people or not. I could have told you this guy is a piece of crap.

White trash, classless, uneducated, self aggrandizing BULLY.

He deserves what he gets after this.

LT Dan

Lying methhead, just like me. We will lie when the truth sounds better. We just want more meth. Dog, your'e going down hard and you deserve it you racist bastard. Go refuel on some more crank and let more virulence spew from your defacator. Aloha spirit my ass, you know damn good and well you hate all of us Hawaiians, you called me a damn "Portagee", the worst insult to my aloha. Damn you you liar!

MH

Dog, nice try bit I doubt you really mean this and the reality is that no one cares anyway. This will only end up costing you money and I hear you owe 200k in back taxes. Quit playing kiss azz with everyone and using God to bail you out.

Regards

FlBiker

I was wondering how long it would take this charlatan to cry for the cameras. He is a convicted murderer, multiple dui receiver and tax evader. Are people really stupid enough to be taken in by this mullet wearing piece of crap?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments