Dr. Phil on Britney: She Is in "Dire Need" of Help

1/5/2008 6:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. PhilDr. Phil has issued the following statement to ET about his visit with Britney Spears this morning.

"My meeting with Britney and some of her family members this morning in her room at Cedars leaves me convinced more than ever that she is in dire need of both medical and psychological intervention.

She was released moments before my arrival and was packing when I entered the room. We visited for about an hour before I walked with her to her car. I am very concerned for her."

Buh

Is it really appropriate for this so-called doctor to be discussing a private meeting with Britney?

m.c.

I don't have Dr. in front of my name and I could have come to the same conclusion.

What??

So what does the REAL physicians have to say? Shut up Phd Phil!!!!

james77

Um with all his training doesn't Dr. Phil know that it is highly unethical to talk about the condition of anyone he meets with?

larry

He makes me sick. People are naive if they believe he has Britney's best interest at heart. He is jumping on the never ending make a buck off Britney train. If Britney isn't following other Dr's orders why does he think he can do anything.He knows he can't, that is not his agenda. He will fail then be like I tried my best when nobody else did. Which is just not true. I hope Britney stays the hell away from Phil & doesn't show up for his show.

BlogPassion

One of the biggest problems is too much Britney news. This feeding frenzy should stop. Are we looking at another Princess Di situation in the works? The pappz are on her like bees on honey.

SMF

Here' s someone else trying to get better rating for his show.

noitall

WHY DOESN'T "doctor baldy" mind his own biz ?????? There has got to be tons of BETTER qualified doctors in town who can help her.

BLINKING !!

Stick his NECK OUT..more like his WALLET!!! If Dr Phil was any kinda of a decent person he would have NO DAMN COMMENT. He is no better than the PAPZ, he's worse, he use FRIENDSHIP to get in, only to RUN OUTSIDE TO GIVE AN INTERVIEW...yeah he stuck his neck out alright..Believe that and you believe anything

Bonnie Russell

So a shrink is saying she's in "dire need" at the Exact same time the hospital is saying she's okay to leave. What smells in this?
See www.FamilyLawCourts.com for more details on how judges, (and Commissioners) ensure the legal industry is well fed, (as well as the shrinks)...at the expense of the family.

from Canada

Is anyone at home with Britney now? I bet she will try to commit suicide any minute!

Standards are badly needed.

66. He makes me sick. He's just using her sad situation to better his stupid show and boost his ratings. Take a seat old man!

Posted at 4:59PM on Jan 5th 2008 by LOL
===================================
As opposed to you using her sad situation to gossip to strangers on a blog and doing NOTHING to actually aid the woman?
The real LOL would probably be comparing Dr. Phil's credentials to YOURS. You remind me of Nellie Olsen on little house.

BLT

Who cares what "Dr" Phl thinks...as he is NOT REALLY A DOCTOR!!! Gee...you would think he would want her to finally get well in private. Not by exploiting her for his ratings and personal gain. She needs to be sent away for a long time in private.

This is a story about a girl named lucky

Early morning, she wakes up
Knock, knock, knock on the door
Its time for makeup, perfect smile
Its you theyre all waiting for
They go
Isnt she lovely, this hollywood girl?
And they say

Chorus:
Shes so lucky, shes a star
But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart, thinking
If theres nothing missing in my life
Then why do these tears come at night

Lost in an image, in a dream
But theres no one there to wake her up
And the world is spinning, and she keeps on winning
But tell me what happens when it stops?
They go
Isnt she lovely, this hollywood girl?
And they say

Chorus:
Shes so lucky, shes a star
But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart, thinking
If theres nothing missing in my life
Then why do these tears come at night

Best actress, and the winner islucky!
Im roger johnson for pop news standing outside the arena waiting for lucky
Oh my godhere she comes!

Isnt she lucky, this hollywood girl?
She is so lucky, but why does she cry?
If theres nothing missing in her life
Why do tears come at night?

Chorus: