Drew to Writers: Let Them Eat Burgers!

1/17/2008 7:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Drew CareyThe expression "starving artist" can certainly apply to striking writers, but Drew Carey is providing them with free meals -- at Bob's Big Boy!

We're told Drew picks up the tab at the Burbank institution for any writer who shows the wait staff a WGA card. So far, we hear he's spent a fat $10,000!

The high-calorie eatery is one of Drew's faves. Shocker.

Jess

I think thats really cool...way to go drew! and umm first!

that.is.all

I've been eating at that Toluca Lake Big Boy since I was a kid. I still love those burgers BUT they have changed over the years and aren't as good as they use to be. Still delicious though.

a classier jenna

I don't support this catering down to these striking writers (especially when many of them already make well into the 6 figures) when the crew and production staff, who don't make nearly enough as these writers, are left jobless with nobody is helping them.

Rustyvain

Drew I love you baby!

nursemom

My brother used to dress up as the Big Boy when my father worked there in the 70's. Cool!

Adrienne

That's It!!! End the strike by clogging their arteries

aussie girl

Good on himfor supporting the writers.If there wasn't greed involved with the studio's they would all be back at work now,but instead millions are being lost when they could have just paid them in the first place.

J.J.Gold

That's why we love ya Drew, your a stand up guy. I enjoy your shows too past and present.

happy holiday season

Now I know what stock he owns. Talk about getting exposure for a business!!!! Still a class act big boy.

Yep

If these writers feel they aren't getting paid enough, FIND ANOTHER JOB !!!!!!!!!!! That's what thousands of other Americans do !!! Or, get a second job. Tons of people do that also !!

April Fouels

i met my wife at a big-boy, you go drew we love-ya................

PatinNJ

Good job on his part. At least he's not in a cult...........he's not, right?

madam pince

Good guy!

Katerina

Good for you, Drew. We are all tired of the whining writers. They voted to strike, which is their right. They get to pay the price. Of course, it's tough. Of course, families go through hard times. Welcome to life. I hope you win,. But please shut the blazes up about how tough it is. Just SHUDDAP!

Jessica SImpson

Harv has semen on his lips because he drinks at a gloryhole. shocker!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments