Heath's Dad -- "Heath Touched So Many People"

1/22/2008 11:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath Ledger's father, Kim Ledger, flanked by his family, released a statement on Australian television.

We, Heath's family, confirm, the very tragic, untimely and accidental passing of our dearly loved son, brother and doting father of Matilda. He was found peacefully asleep in his New York apartment by his housekeeper at 3:30 p.m. U.S. time.

We would like to thank our friends and everyone around the world for their well wishes and kind thoughts at this time. Heath has touched so many people on so many different levels during his short life but few had the pleasure of truly knowing him.

He was a down to earth, generous, kind-hearted, life-loving and selfless individual who was extremely inspirational to many. Please now respect our families need to grieve and come to terms with our loss privately.

QV

Would have been nice if one ounce of this support could have been shown to Anna Nicole for accidentally overdosing...and if Britney dies you will all say the same things you did about Anna (well not you all here per se since you are all saying wonderful things right now) Which I am happy for the respect being shown on TMZ but Anna Nicole deserved the same respect...and anyone god forbid them die like this deserve some respect..keep it up.

Adrienne

59. Let me get this straight. A poem about hate is just a tribute to the movie Brokeback Mountain. I don't know about you, but when I die, I sure don't want my friends remembering me with poems describing things that I hate. (Other than Democrats), right Black Kettle?

Posted at 12:57AM on Jan 23rd 2008 by Democrats are evil
________________________________________________

You have friends? I wouldn't worry about what they would say if I were you, I'd be more concerned if anyone cared at all

mother of a child irreversibly injured by "medical professionals"

I am completely dumbfounded by this still. I heard the news hours ago, but still can't grasp it. This was so unexpected. He was the last person I expected to read headlines about. Still so hard to believe.

So quick, so tragic, so fleeting is life.

My thoughts & prayers are with his family & friends as they try to make sense of this & move forward.

God bless you Heath & may you rest in peace.

*off to hug my family*

Kelli

And yes, I am a democrate that cares. Why must you judge?

OmniStar

This is so sad, my prayers are with his family and friends at this time. Omni

Here

New reports confirm Ledger's death not accidental, foul play involved.

Cartman

He touched me too and not in a nice place.

Adrienne

73. New reports confirm Ledger's death not accidental, foul play involved.

Posted at 1:06AM on Jan 23rd 2008 by BREAKING NEWS

_____________________________________________________

Not true, just a report saying he died

QV

And just where exactly is this breaking news from?

jacq said a mouthful!!! Keep it up!!!

First of all....hey tmz, where's the telletuby pic? Dont you find it appropriate here? Or is that just for the people you dont like?

Second...The little boy dieing in his sleep, Very sad, but really, what does that have to do with anything other than showing how much you are a victim and how tragic your life is? You didnt even know the kid, nor did you know Heath Ledger...deal.

Third....to the yoyo PJohstone...sounds like you were linked to Heath in some way, maybe your brother's friends second cousin's dogs's grandchild was owned by him? HMMM...dont know, but is this your shot at seven degree separation from Heath. Get a life.

And for the rest of you...God wont allow someone to play in such a graphic gay movie as Brokeback Mountain and live to see his child grow up...Read your bible...And for those of you who support him doing that and show him such praise and love without showing such praise and love to your God, will surely be in the same boat.

indiana

my thoughts and prayers with the family and his daughter. no matter what the media says heath is in heaven and is an angle and will always watch over his daughter. heath will be deeply missed. r.i.p heath

Kelli

Rock on Adrienne. So Bush has been asked By Bin Laden to talk. Wonder what his GAME PLAN IS! Go democrats!

Kimberly

This is truly heartbreaking. I am still in shock. My thoughts and prayers are with his family especially his little girl.
RIP

Kelli

Gays and demos have no place here on this earth. r u against poor neighborhoods to? WOW

QV

To nowiknowwhyblahblahblahblah
You are a really sad sad soul with a rotten heart..when people like you start yapping i thank god that I am nothing like you and I never will be such an idiot..