Winehouse Checks Into Rehab -- Yes, Yes, Yes!

1/22/2008 3:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: People is reporting Amy is NOT in rehab, she was simply visiting a doctor who she "regularly sees as part of her ongoing treatment."

Finally! It looks like the brunette turbo trainwreck is gonna slow down -- Amy Winehouse has checked into rehab, according to The Sun. Blondes do have more fun! The singer left her home in London this afternoon to enter the Edward House private rehabilitation clinic. Her father followed the beehived mess into the facility.

This development follows today's release of shocking video showing Amy smoking something out of a pipe.

amandah

FINALLY

CoolGirl2008

Yay Amy! It's for your own good- you're a lightweight!

she smiled

She is a human being, not a "mess". Be decent guys.
I hope she can figure it out.

Kelli

Two positives story today, Brit and Amy. Maybe Jennifer 2008 should check herself in.

EC85

Good for her.

Poetical

Godd for her. It is never too late for a new start. :)

OCD

It's your life, sanity and health on the line, Amy.

Get 'er done. Best wishes for strength.

Eve

Thank goodness! Best of luck to her!

that.is.all

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

get well amy

your endless stupidity

I'm very glad. I hope she gets better and sticks with it.

Party 'till you die!

Oh she's a quitter all right! But not the kind that works for rehab! It won't work. She'll try to 'act' clean for a while and then she will do the Big Binge- the kind that makes people like her 'immortal'.

raven

they asked me if I cared, I said no, no, no. Really we need more of Lindsay's rear end!! Now that is a story!! :)

Lanie

I wish her good luck. I read somewhere that something like 97% of heroin addicts who got rehab rebound, at least once.

I, also, read that long term heroin addicts overdose or die of complications from heroin use 70-ish% of the time.

I will have to check my facts. Only the strong will survive after an addiction to something so highly addictive as heroin (or meth). I have high hopes but we will see where this leads.

I hope she doesn't do a Brad Renfro on us :(

Nikki

I truly wish her the best and hope that this works for her. Unfortunately, my gut is that it won't work. I work in addictions and with offenders as a therapist and feel as if she is only checking in due to the release of tape. Seems more like a legal and PR spin/reaction than someone who is really ready for change and wants to get clean. You really have to want to change and to get clean as an individual and even that doesn't work most of the time. Again, don't take this post wrong and think I am not hoping that it works and she gets and stays clean....but I do not think it will stick and that she is doing it for the right reasons that will keep her clean.

Party 'till you die!

With that crack pipe in her mouth, she looks just like a poodle chewing on a bone- just like the one my mom had when I was a kid! And that dog would growl if you even tried to take that bone away!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments