Winehouse Checks Into Rehab -- Yes, Yes, Yes!

1/22/2008 3:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: People is reporting Amy is NOT in rehab, she was simply visiting a doctor who she "regularly sees as part of her ongoing treatment."

Finally! It looks like the brunette turbo trainwreck is gonna slow down -- Amy Winehouse has checked into rehab, according to The Sun. Blondes do have more fun! The singer left her home in London this afternoon to enter the Edward House private rehabilitation clinic. Her father followed the beehived mess into the facility.

This development follows today's release of shocking video showing Amy smoking something out of a pipe.

NY

How long before she packs up and leaves though? I give her by the end of the week.

Mnkyonmybck

Not really a shocking video... I mean it was kind of expected out of her... what you don't see is that Britney is there with her.

shelly

I am glad. I love her music and I want her to be around to make more. PLEASE GET BETTER. WE LOVE YOU.

Hal

These fools should have thought of the consequences prior to trying drugs. Yes, it (addiction) can happen to you the first time you cross that line and try a drug! Please THINK before doing that.

Your'e Fired!

You CAN do this AMY! You are MUSIC, and we need you. Please get well.....God be with you!

Sillyme

She got blond ambition to live! YAY!

p1tey1

I wish Amy all the best. I love Back to Black!

Lori B

That's awesome :o)

just wondering

...hopefully she stays and can move forward with her incredible talent....her mom can finally get a good nights sleep tonite!!

Kelli

Yep jr, we think like mommies.lol

ihategerald

Who the heck shot that video?? I can't tell if she knew she was on tape or if the recorder was concealed by some idiot? If it was concealed it was a total invasion of privacy (although it may do her good by getting her into rehab). If she knew she was being recorded, she is more whacked than I thought by allowing it!! Amy Winehouse is a talented artist and I hope she can see her way through the fog of drugs and continue to make wonderful music.

just wondering

..oh hi k!!! hahha....I wonder if that video hitting mainstream finally woke her up??...I was schocked to read previous posters stat's on success rates...if they r in fact correct.

Radio is my life

Thank goodness she finally checked in! She needs help, and I hope it works for her. You are in my prayers Amy!!

Adrienne

She needs some new friends, someone who doesn't sell her out to the Sun, Britain's version of the Enquirer

Maybe the friend was pissed because Amy bogarted

Ummmhmmm

Good for her ,just hope shes serious about it ...not just "going through the motions" ya know .

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments