Britney was Cucumber Calm -- Almost Kumbaya

1/31/2008 8:36 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsUnlike the last time she was committed, this time around Britney Spears was all about peace and silence as she waited for cops and paramedics to take her away.

At her home earlier in the evening, we're told Sam Lutfi informed Brit he had been working with her psychiatrist and the cops, and she would be going back to the hospital. At that point, we're told, Lynne Spears became extremely upset and accused Lutfi of trying to control her daughter. Brit then told everyone to "shut up," saying "I'll do what I need to do."

After that, Britney demanded complete silence. She sat on the floor and began passing notes to Lutfi, Adnan and others as they waited for the cops and emergency workers. Utterly different from the last time.

Stay tuned.

jclondon

GOD BLESS YOU BRIT

LadyIsis' Luck 7

Go away. Get help. Your antics are boring now. Hopefully she'll try to have a normal quiet life now.

Mariah

No snark today, people. . Just pray to whatever god you pray to that she gets the help she so desperately needs. If she is finally acknowledging it, that is tremendous. Be well, Britney and family.

Charles

Okak, enough is enough. Britney is about as relevent to entertainment as Ron Paul is to the Presidential race. I mean, they shoot horses; don't they?

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

All these leeches and hangers-on need to let the poor girl get help now.

Step back and let the doctors step in!!!

Chris

That's truly sad. It sounds like the "real" Britney is seeing that she does need to take the help she has been offered. A very good step in the right direction. I hope and pray that she comes out strong and is back to normal after she seeks treatment. GOD BLESS YOU BRITNEY SPEARS

tw

I don't understand. If she was going willingly, why not just drive her there instead of the having the police and ambulances? Something is not right with this picture.

Ruby

this girl is pitiful.......say a prayer she can get the right meds and her children can have their mother back.......

SaoirseM

Sounds like Sam Lufti may have her best interests at heart after all. Why would her mother b so upset about it though, i thought she wanted brit to get help.

chillout music girl

I wish her the best,,,,,,,,,,, I am happy she is getting help finally......

Exyank

I hope it's true that she said she was going to do what she had to do. And I hope she MEANS IT this time. I don't know WTF to think of Osama bin Lufti, frankly, but at least Britney is now in care. Let's hope she stays there!

broken

pfft first who fed this to TMZ and second Im willing to be if it went down like that mom was pissed because samass was once again stepping in-this has been in the works for a while and her parents have been there and he becomes rescuer "working with" her shrink (unlike her evil parents?) and this is best. Creepy, restraining order king manipulates his way into her care. Sorry, leopards cant shed their coats for bunny fur.

Candy Heiress

She is such a greakin drama queen. Some one should give her a Grammy.

Candy Heiress

Oops....freakin

TVBigshot

As a "high-profile" personality myself, I think Brit needs to learn how to just become invisible for a year or so. She's feeding her "fix" everytime she goes out. Clearly a destructive personality, If she doesn't surround herself with people with that point of view, she may not make it through the year. Even though I do comedy, I'm planning on including her in my video blog this week.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments