Britney Went Willingly

1/31/2008 6:34 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsTMZ has learned the plan to get Britney into UCLA Medical Center had been hatched for days -- it was aborted last night, but executed just minutes ago.

Back at her house, Britney's psychiatrist told her she was going to the hospital. Her response was, "Is something wrong?" She was not resistant. She made hot chocolate and waited before paramedics arrived and placed her on a gurney.

We're told the psychiatrist felt her condition had deteriorated. Britney had not slept since Saturday -- a day and half longer than she stayed up in recent memory.

The reason she's at UCLA is her new treating psychiatrist practices out of that medical center.

We're told during her initial 72-hour stay she cannot be forced to take medication against her will. If, however, she refuses to take meds, the plan is for the the psych to go to court and have Britney held for an additional 14 days, during which time she can administer proper medications.

And get this ironic twist -- Lynne Spears and Adnan drove to the Medical Center in the same car. A source tells us when Lynne found out Britney was being committed, she blamed it on Sam and was extremely agitated. When Brit heard that, she screamed to her mother, "Shut the hell up."

TMZ reader

#39...I agree...TMZ is the best!!

joel schmitt

This is a song for Britney that I have written please post it on your website please !!! http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=MCzxm-IbA5A

joel schmitt

my, my, my

It was a well planned operation. They needed to have all the police force in order to block the pap access to the scene where they could screw it up. They were smart enough to even close the curtains in the ambulance. that's why you have no pictures. I love it. Privacy at last.

Liz

i agree with you--chemicals can cause brain damage--so,boost your immune system. but not all drugs in all situations are bad. if brit gets PET SCAN and has Brain damage, which are causing her mild seizures--ie BIPOLAR DISORDER--sometimes anti-seizure medication works. BIPOLAR DISORDER IS A FORM OF EPILEPSY AND SOMETIMES ONLY RESPONDS TO ANTI-SEIZURE MEDICATION. People are over medicated, i agree...but you cannot tell a person who is epileptic to not take meds.--not wise. but may be boosting immune system could alleviate and repair some brain damage...it just depends on how severe the situation is. a pet scan can tell you!

STOP SCREAMING!!!!

FindmyBBW.com...boy i bet you can identify with Brit pretty well...your both absolutley bonkers!

But, I think I'll move up into the mountains and only eat potatoes that I grow in my own backyard and sew my own clothes from tree bark...just in case!

Kitty31

It's sad. I want to know how they were able to act "normal" for so long? If someone would have told me a few years ago, that Britney Spears is bipolar I wouldn't have believed it. I hope she can pull through. Whether you love or hate Britney - she is a human being with feelings.

Anna

southern-fried britney

CAN I JOIN YOU???????????

Patty

If Lynne was against Britney being committed and Sam knew nothing about it, who the hell planned this intricate plot? The shrink? Jamie? I don't get it. And didn't they go a TAD overboard with 20 cops and a white van (??) and an ambulance? She went willingly. Cleared airspace?

I dunno. I usually believe TMZ but this is way out there.

But still, if she is in a hospital and being treated, good. She sure as heck needs it.

Liz

if anyone wants to read a lot about "BIPOLAR BEING A FORM OF EPILEPSY"--I blogged in the comments section of PEREZ HILTON UNDER "BRADNAN: TOGETHER AGAIN' COMMENTS. My info is scatter throughout this "comments" section. Sorry it is in all caps,on perez's site--but i wanted to get word out there. read all comments before you go ballistic.

skinny puppy

pobre cita money cant buy happiness..if i were her id be taking some good zanax to sleep better

Patty

I dunno. I usually believe TMZ but this is way out there.

Chris336

Did they fly in Dr. Phil too? All chicks are crazy. What is #33 FindmyBBW.com smokin?

Robae

Hopefully she rejects the recooperative/psychological help that's been offered to her over and over again. I welcome this entertainment that she so gladly supplies on a daily basis. I recommend she's given more Red Bull, Marlboro Lights, Taco and put back on the streets, STAT!!! Britney is no longer a commodity for the music industry, she's now the main product for/of tabloid multimedia. No one really cares if she gets help, I'm just being honest. If anyone truly cared enough for her state-of-mind then she wouldn't be on every cover, she wouldn't have segments on more than a dozen tv shows, and America as a whole would be focusing on more important issues like: the presidential race, how Bush is decimating the people of Iraq and/or perhaps other celebrities who actually care about their images and what they're conveying to the impressionable ones who can easily witness all of this with just the click of a button. Geez...

STOP SCREAMING!!!!

WOW LIZ YOU FOUND THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON!!!YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Give it up, the girl does not have epilepsy!!! Put it to rest!!!