Britney Went Willingly

1/31/2008 6:34 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsTMZ has learned the plan to get Britney into UCLA Medical Center had been hatched for days -- it was aborted last night, but executed just minutes ago.

Back at her house, Britney's psychiatrist told her she was going to the hospital. Her response was, "Is something wrong?" She was not resistant. She made hot chocolate and waited before paramedics arrived and placed her on a gurney.

We're told the psychiatrist felt her condition had deteriorated. Britney had not slept since Saturday -- a day and half longer than she stayed up in recent memory.

The reason she's at UCLA is her new treating psychiatrist practices out of that medical center.

We're told during her initial 72-hour stay she cannot be forced to take medication against her will. If, however, she refuses to take meds, the plan is for the the psych to go to court and have Britney held for an additional 14 days, during which time she can administer proper medications.

And get this ironic twist -- Lynne Spears and Adnan drove to the Medical Center in the same car. A source tells us when Lynne found out Britney was being committed, she blamed it on Sam and was extremely agitated. When Brit heard that, she screamed to her mother, "Shut the hell up."

Melissa

Does anybody not see Sam Lufti as a problem? How soon we forget Anna Nicole/Howard Stern, I wonder if Sam Lufti is adding to the extent of her illness? Sounds like he is trying to sabotage any further relationship she has with her family. Sam Lufti needs to go, can't anyone investigate him and remove him from Brittany's life? Hey K-Fed make this a stipulation of her visitation that she cannot be in contact with anyone the court does not have prior approval of. Also, 14 days is to short. She appears to have been brainwashed, 30 days at the least, a maximum 90 days should be required.

who cares

Just another one of those days we wish Janet Reno was still around. She could of had the FBI storm the house with grenades and rocket fire. Then the bleeding hearts could blame Bush for Brittany too.

my, my, my

Perez has details of the planning of this. Even the airspace was cleared so that there would be no news helicopters. They blocked the route to keep photographers from following. I love it.

JENNY

I can't help but wonder about her future. Can you imagine 10 years from now and lets say she's "well" and watching all this on film. I used to find humor in all her little stunts but not anymore I really can't poke fun at someone who is really sick on the flip side of things if you think about all of our problems would'nt it just kick ass to one day say f&*k it to everyone and do what ever we feel, if only for a minute and know the whole world is watching. I'm not gonna lie I think I could have fun with that......

Chief707

This trailer trash is a straight up Methamphetamine addict, lay off the pipe and all will become clear.

Liz

hey, i warned you # 54 about the excessive cap. usage.

did you still read all my comments? sorry if my posts are old news to some of you...but to new people tuning in...i really believe a PET SCAN would give a good neuro-psychiatrist the best info to treat her. And from all of her symptoms...she sounds like she is having seizures. not grand mal seizsures...but mild ones that make her go in and out of being "normal." I'd bet money on it.

Bi-polar disorder is a seizure disorder. So is schizophrenia. It's a controversial subject, apparently.

Still, look up info on "temporal lobe epilepsy."

mitzie83

Lynne Spears should be thanking Sam - Is he the only one who can see sense? If she had any she would not be getting friendly with Adnan of all people. Lynne is obviously incapable of helping her daughter so she should be supporting this action - not confusing Brit any more than she already is by siding with creepy Adnan and continuing to be in denial about Britney's problems.

diann

"the plan to get Britney into UCLA Medical Center had been hatched for days"

Who made that plan?

There is nothing wrong with her, she just a little different than the rest of us. Let her be. There is no need to committed her to the looney bin.

skhg

My gosh, it's no wonder the poor girl's having problems!! Between her parents, and the people surrounding her, it's a miracle she isn't worse off, than she already is. It's a circus!! But then, who cares about that, when there's so much money to think about. Sounds like a bunch of trash in the big city. I seriously doubt anyone can help her, as long as she's got people like that, around her. They've definitely done a job on her. Basically the same story as Anna Nicole Smith.

I have to stop myself

The people I know that suffer from Bipolar can stay up without a case of Red Bull, coffee and hot chocolate. When they crash, they crash hard. She never crashes.

Leah

TMZ so how come you know what Britney said to her mother. WHo in this inner circle is being paid by you for this info? OR, are you just fuelling the flame with C**P.

killa'bro

I want to bang her in the hospital ...

roberto saturnino

Brit should be allowed to be with her Babies eventhough with the presence of a third person nominated by the
courte, It will not help a judge decision to keep kids far from the mother. If I was a judge i would order the ex. husband
to daily allow the mother to see the babies and to help her to recover her self.
if she is a weak person to keep the most important thing for her far will only worsen her situation, and surely also the babies
will miss the mother. She has enough money to pay someone to be all the time with her during she stays with the babies.
Roberto fm Italy

VegasGurl

Another Anna Nicole Smith waiting to happen. No therapist can help her...her demons are too deep and have taken over her life.

tina

I don't know how anyone can survive when they can't do anything without cameras right in your face! How is she supposed to get better. I think it's too bad because she has so much talent. If people would leave her alone and let her get help maybe she can get back to being a Mom and making some good music.