Brit's Parents Make Their Move in Court

2/1/2008 4:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Britney Spears' parents are going to court -- the courtroom that establishes conservatorship for people whose personal health and welfare are gravely at risk.

Jamie and Lynne Spears arrived this morning at the County courthouse in downtown L.A. Sources say both parents are extremely concerned about the welfare of their daughter, and upset because Sam Lutfi is trying to call the shots on all matters Britney.

The court has the power to create a conservatorship, which would allow both Jamie and Lynne to make medical decisions on behalf of Britney. The conservatorship would also allow them to control Britney's financial affairs. Both parents have made it clear: they believe Lutfi's influence has placed their daughter and her assets at risk.

We're in court, so stay tuned. The hearing is now scheduled for 1:30 PM PT.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

VS

I hope they win.

KP

IT'S ABOUT FRICKIN' TIME!

Standards are badly needed.

SNAP!

Adrienne

Wow, they finally managed to strip Britney of everything but her name....

lauri

I'm sure Lynne & Jamie will win. I would love to see Sam's face when he finds out he's OUT!!!!!!!!!

Scott

Lufti is a slime. The true definition of a "hanger on" and a user.

Kpolycronopolis

I think Dad is her best bet, Mom kinda sleazy . GL Jamie

shelly

I am glad they are doing this. Kick his free loading ass out!!! I am tired of hearing about lufti calling x17 or Ryan to talk about what she is doing. All of those free loaders need to hit the unemployment line and leave her alone.

Mike

Too bad all this parental love wasn't present years ago when it really mattered.

that.is.all

Britney is a grown ass woman and mother. But no matter what, if it takes her parents to step in now and do what's best for this young woman...so be it...just do it.

I believe Jamie and Lynne are a HUGE PART OF THE PROBLEM WITH BRITNEY...but

let's just hope and pray her parents CAN BE A HUGE PART OF THE SOLUTION.

Get well Britney...if not for yourself, do it for Sean and Jayden.

FABIO

I think that the PAPS should be the one who have control over Britney, just like before...

AF

Good luck to them

Kpolycronopolis

Sam Lufti = Succubus

brit hater

Give up. Just let her do herself in already. The only things Brittney is trying to do I be the center of attention. The world would be a better place without her.

debv

Her parents are doing the right thing, and a third party is the way to go. I hope the court rules in their favor...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments