"Heart Broken" Michelle Releases Statement

2/1/2008 2:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle WilliamsTen days after the death of Heath Ledger, former fianceé and baby mama Michelle Williams released a statement. It reads:

"Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken. I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him."

anne

I wish the best to Michelle and Matilda and Heaths family in this tragic time, I'm sure Michelle and his family will make sure she grows up knowing how much he loved her

to bad it wasn't sooner!

I guess no one has seen the video that show's him doing drugs while she sleeped upstairs with the kid. She knew he was doing drugs for over 3 years now and left him because of it. She did nothing to help him get better for the kids shake but she will be happy to help herself to his money for the kids sake. HUMMMM I just wonder if Heath parents know about her knowing he was doing drugs and did help him....she just left him!

Carol

Please change that picture of her. Give her some respect.

ana matopoeia

at least give the girl the decency of a more flattering picture.

10ThingsIHateAboutYou

I just got done watching ANOTHER Heath Ledger film and Im just so sad. My heart goes out to Michelle and Matilda. God Bless you!

to bad it wasn't sooner!

Yea she loved him so much she let him keep doing drugs for years and now he's dead she wants people to feel sorry for her.

Dee

Who's in charge of the picture posts? Wow, pretty lame.

Classy statement from a Classy Mom.

Denise

I think most of us have been strongly affected by the death of Heath Ledger. I am not sure exactly why his death has affected me so much but the words that Michelle just released touched me in a very wonderful way. I think we needed to hear those perfect words in order to feel better and move on. My very best hopes are for us all to remember the best of him too and let him rest in peace.

to bad it wasn't sooner!

I think the picture is right....she kept her eye's closed to his drug problem!

SJB*

Aww, this breaks my heart.
I don't think I can even begin to imagine what she must be going through.
My thoughts and prayers are with Michelle and Matilda as well as the rest
of Heath's family and poor Jake :(

Stay stong Michelle

dvsqt

she's right......whenever they feel like they're talking to him- he's there.

that's just the way it is....

Triple Play

TO # 4 I HOPE THAT SOMEDY YO FEEL A EEP MOTIONAL PAIN AND SOMEONE IS AS DISRESPECTFUL TO YOU YOU ARE THE BIGGEST A-HOLE THAT HAS EVER POSTED ON TMZ

me

#48 - "she let him keep doing drugs for years" - shows what you know about addiction, no one can stop but the user themselves. The rest of us cannot control someone's abuse of drugs or alcohol. Grow up, or take a few classes in drug addiction. Whatever Heath's problems were are NOT her responsibility nor is she to blame. He was an adult able to make his one decisions about right and wrong. Not saying he used, but it's not her fault he CHOSE to if he did.

It's sad for any child to lose a parent so young. I hope Michelle is able to rise above the horrible comments and is able to find peace within herself. Her little girl, like my children, is her number one priority right now to keep safe and out of the spotlight. Now I see why so many movie stars are abandoning California for other states or countries without the press intrusion. Like her, my heart would break if something tragic happened to my husband, leaving our kids childless. Please leave her alone to figure things out and if anything, out of respect for their little girl, who is COMPLETELY innocent here.

Kiki

God bless her and and keep her strong, Loving words of a man she still has deep feeling's for and the father of a child who adored his daugther! I agree with all the positive's and for the Neg's #10 and other's, you must be speaking from experience ,your all asswhip's, and anyone can kick anything, Heath changed for his daugther, Rest in peace Heath, I I'm a fan and you will be missed but not forgotten. To the family and friend's I pray for peace and comfort. TMZ get better at what you do, this shot of her is aweful!

JenH

TMZ could of dug up a better picture of the poor girl. Althought that is the typical TMZ style!