Brace Yourself for Jeff Conaway

2/6/2008 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Celebrity Rehab" patient Jeff Conaway -- Kenickie from "Grease" -- showed up to the Ivy yesterday looking a hot mess -- his entire chest a monstrosity of braces.

Conaway, who snapped a bone in his spine while lifting boxes last year, told TMZ he's had four back surgeries since -- and may even be going in for another. Getting hooked on the painkillers is no longer a problem for the former rehab resident ... he says his dosages are fully supervised.

notabunny

Jeff was great in Taxi! keep at it Bobby!

punkin

He looks like he's channeling Keith Richards.

kkr

God Bless you Jeff! You're in my thoughts & prayers. My heart completely sank when I saw him on Celebrity Rehab. Dr Drew seems to be doing an awesome thing there. I wish nothing but the absolute best!!!!!

Alexa

I herniated a couple of discs 5 years ago and had to change the way I did my everyday activities so I'd get better. I feel bad for Jeff having all those surgeries. Hopefully he really had to have them because spine surgeries often make matters worse.

Jessic

He should be cast as House's twin brother. He reminds me of that character and he is addicted to painkillers!!

tmz fan

poor jeff. keep that parasite/enabler girlfriend away from you and you'll do just fine. isn't the hollywood lifestyle beautiful?

Sarah

Severe back injury, chronic pain, hooked on painkillers, depression, been to all those and it almost killed me. Jeff, you can do it! With your talent, I want to see you singing and dancing again. When I saw you on Celeb. Rehab, I was so moved by your pain. I knew that there was something, somewhere that could be done to alleviate your pain. I had 3 surgeries and was in physical therapy for 10 years. I still have some pain, but nothing like the old days, when lightning would shoot down my legs. God is good, he will heal you.

ArizonaLioness

Why is he still alive and Heath Ledger dead? This guy is obviously trying to kill himself! RIP Heath! We miss you!

erica

i love you, you look great and i wish the best for you! stay clean and get in a movie! would love to see you on the screen! your GREAT

R!SSA

i highly doubt that he is doing better, even if he sounds & is acting better.

he said/acted the same after he was on Celebrity Fit Club - and its obvious he went back down the wrong path, if not worse.

he needs to lose that addict girlfriend - or if its meant to be - she needs help herself

E money

U would think Grease Buddy Johnny T. Would want to help ole Jeff out..... Werent these two friends?

Radish_Not_Vic

Jeff, my friends and I are praying for you. We love you, we still think youre cool and we want you off drugs for life. I hope you dumped that vicky lizzie chick. She doesn't have you best interest at heart... at all. Surround yourself w/ pos. people from now on Kenckie and you'll feel the love you've been missing!

Radish_Not_Vic

ps.
By the way, we still think youre sexy! Stay clean and I promise you that your life will turn around! I know all too well.

Radish_Not_Vic

pps.
Get a myspace page while your at it so we can all show you the love you deserve!

Standards are badly needed.

Gloria Estefan rehabilitated from a fractured spine. Jeff should talk to her for a bit, and think about seeing her physiotherapy team. From wikipedia: 'Estefan was critically injured, suffering a fractured spine when a tractor trailer crashed into her tour bus.She was flown by helicopter to New York City, where surgeons at the Hospital for Special Surgery permanently implanted two titanium rods to stabilize her spinal column. Her grueling rehabilitation required almost a year of intensive physical therapy, but she achieved a complete recovery. She returned to an international tour ten months after the accident.'
The key is taking charge of your own rehab in a determined and never quit manner after you learn the routine, and doing what works and avoiding what hurts until you feel you are as close to 100% as you can get. You have to stay fit forever after that, but you'll find that your fitness level will surpass uninjured friends as you all age if you keep it up. Keep going, Jeff. You're not done, by a long shot.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments