Gene Simmons to Sex Site: Suck My Copyright!

2/21/2008 7:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gene SimmonsGene Simmons' legal team has taken an ingenious first step in shutting down a website featuring a video that shows Gene in a sex act with a woman who is not his longtime girlfriend, Shannon Tweed.

We're told Gene's lawyers contacted Webmastercentral.com, which is responsible for the content on the website promoting the video -- ordering them to cease and desist because of copyright infringement. How, you ask, is this copyright infringement? Gene's lawyers claim the site had no right to use face paint to promote the skin flick, because face paint is a KISS thing.

And now we're being told, the tape is old and the copyright owner is ... drum roll ... Gene Simmons! Apparently, Gene got wind of the tape a few years back and bought the rights. Who's the apprentice now?

BTW, the tape was shot without Simmons' permission or knowledge -- and may well be illegal. That's why TMZ hasn't run it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Average Jane

First!

rmmp

first? and who cares! If that's what Shannon and Gene agreed upon it seems.

Hyde

Ugh. Anyone seen the clips? I can see why Simmons wouldn't want it out there-what a boring lover. The chick isn't that great either-I love how she keeps surreptitously glancing at the camera! Yuck and double-yuck.

hahahaha!

I only saw it because a poster here put up the link a few times on another thread. I agree though..not much to see... Nip Tuck has hotter sex scenes!

MH

Too bad you refrained from running it because you have at least some measure of journalistic standards and taste.

mewclaw

I wonder if Shannon has seen the tape this time around? She seems really upset on the A&E show when she thinks he's cheating on her. Also, what's up with the weird cat pillows on the bed! I can't see how he slept with any women after the tape. BORING!!!!!!

Raquel

ewwwwww!!!!!old man !!!!doing it boring!

river rat

I sure hope Shannon has had some young stud on the side during her twenty years with this creep.

BigTicket

Why in the hell would anyone want to see the video anyway? This guy was washed up in the seventies! Shannon Tweed oughta be ashamed of herself for allowing this fossil to touch her. I guess money really is an aphrodisiac...???

FABIO

I saw it and its' not a very big deal.
Get it??
Not a very "big deal" (snicker, snicker...)

Vanessa

All the tape did was prove to me I was right all along -- that Gene Simmons isn't as "pimp" as he'd like the world to think. That was the most lamest, boring, ridiculous sex moves I have EVER seen in my life.

Sillyme

Wild kingdom has better, more romantic and fullfilling sex scenes.

dianna

The tape is a hoax...if it isnt it's the saddest sex i've ever seen....even the girl didnt want to be there.

Jill

Simmons is just another hypocrite reality show "good dad and partner ". His last hit was decades ago. He's just a hypocrite without a hit in literally decades.

medeak

he chews gum the entire time... disgusting. Feel bad for his kids.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments