Confirmed: Patrick Swayze Has Cancer

3/5/2008 7:19 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Patrick SwayzeTMZ has confirmed reports that actor Patrick Swayze is suffering from cancer.

Swayze's publicist issued the following statement to TMZ: "Actor Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and is currently undergoing treatment."

The statement continues, "Patrick's physician Dr. George Fisher states, 'Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far. All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic.' Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Kelli

God Speed and think positive Patrick.

Cathy Henderson

I have always loved Patrick----He is my hero...He seems to be one of those rare gentlemen, that are so hard to find. My little brother pasted away from cancer recently. It was a very hard thing for me. My heart and prayers go out for you. I hope you stay strong an overcome this heart wrenching disease. I know there will be hard times for you--but as my brother used to say---live life to the fullest, one day at a time and dont let anyone get you down.

justCain

I am very saddened to know that my favorite male actor has been struck by this awful disease. Please know that your fans care, and wish you a speedy recovery. My prayers are with you and your family at this horribly difficult time. God bless you all!!

MARYLYNN

VERY SORRY FOR THE TERRIBLE NEWS....BUT LETS PRAY HE CAN RECOVER....FROM ALL OF THIS!

teresa inman

Our prayers go out to Patrick!!!! My daughter natasha reed who passed away with a brain tumor 3 years ago loved him as an actor so much!!! So you stay strong for her!111 I wish you to know I donated her organs for life saving of three people! She had a 3 year old son! Be strong for them! Sincerly,Teresa inman

joeybabysgmom

Keeping you lifted up, Patrick! Don't read the negatives. You're unique, and I have the feeling you'll be one of the ones who will survive this disease! God bless!

Corky

Patrick just a line to tell you i have gone thru a pacreotomy and it's been over 1year now. I am a total diabetic now but i'm alive keep fighting man you'll make it if you need a good doctor let me know I'll set you up with the best Dallas has to offer

allen

keep your chin up son, you can beat this.

Marcy

Dirty Dancing will always be one of my favorite movies. His relationship with Jennifer Grey was something that I was able to relate to since I used to go to the Catskills with my family for the summer and hotels similar to Kellerman's were where we stayed. I'll ALWAYS have those memories......

Canadian Candy

Re: Patrick Swayze.....what a nice guy...I'm so soory for him and his family....and I heartily wish people would leave him alone about his smoking! I am a nurse, and pancreatic cancer is the worst...I have never heard of anyone living more than a year after diagnosis, and most live only 3-6 months. His smoking habit DID NOT give him this cancer...and it truly won't matter at all if he quits now. So sad. I wish him the best in the time he has left.

Keith

IntraOp Medical
New Treatment New Hope

The Single Dose™ treatment is a technique using Intra Operative Electron beam Radiation Therapy (IOERT) which delivers a single dose (Treatment) of radiation at the time of surgery directly on the tumor bed. This dose is complete; no follow-up radiation is needed, saving the patient 25-30 fractions of External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT), which equates to elimination of 5-6 weeks of daily radiation treatments. The total dose treatment delivers in just two minutes the same effective dose of radiation as six weeks of EBRT.

katty

i can`t believe, it's very tragic

My man

Patrick you are in my prayers.

Smoke and Die

Let's not put rose petails around this. You smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish, you die. Patrick shouldl be saying these very words to adoring, smoking, drinking fans of his.

Big Daddy