Jeff Archuleta -- Stage Dad From Hell

3/19/2008 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Archuleta David Archuleta's dad, Jeff, is a piece of work.

Sources close to "Star Search" tell TMZ that when David was a contestant back in the day, Jeff's behavior was so bad, he was eventually barred from the lot! The guards actually had a picture of Jeff's mug hanging in the guard shack in case he tried sneaking in.

We're also told the father of the year harassed Tiffany Evans, his "Star Search" rival, lurking outside her practices, even trying to coerce her into drinking milk before a show to ruin her voice. She didn't listen (obviously) and went on to win.

Sources also tell us Daddy Dearest sometimes screamed at his son and has even withheld water during rehearsals, even bringing his son to tears.

As far as "Idol" goes, we hear papa's wrath is still in full blossom. That might explain why Jeff, who normally sits in the audience, was replaced by other family members last week.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Bubblebunny

Call in Gloria Allred to rep the kid.

yoyo

so

Tyra Banks

He should be killed.

hot snot

i love you guys at TMZ but you already reported this story either last week or the week before. I have a good memory. the only thing that is really new is that he was replaced in AI's audience. Maybe the guard shack pic too..but the rest is all the same.

I hate that kid. I would probably withold water from him too, in hopes he'd never be able to sing again. I didn't watch AI this week, and i already feel my soul coming back to me

Sabrina

Hmm... sounds like my dad. I like how tmz is making a big deal about it. Too bad Britney's getting well because you guys have nothing else to report nowadays.

Remo

That may all be well and true. But, the kid is still a doofus.

Daneen

But...does he allow his son to use wire hangers?

Lynnc

Hang in there David soon you will be on your own!
Wonder what his hang up is? Why doesn't the wife (Mother) do something?
Lynnc

Johnny Lawson

serves this little punk ass right for butchering a Beatles song!!

Jenny

Isn't this old news?

BETTYB

AI needs to prohibit him from attending at all if that's what he's doing to this young boy. Sounds like David needs to have a guardian appointed by the courts....and fast!

Lyric

Poor kid. He is goofy, but he seems pretty sweet. I can't stand parents like that who freak out about their kids extracurricular activities... sports, music, etc.

hot snot

Already heard about this

Jenny

Old news.
How can anyone bring sweet David Archuleta to tears?
That kid is going places whether he wins or not- hopefully he will leave his dad behind!

VOTE FOR DAVID ARCHULETA!

Mary Worth

The kid will have a big confict between show business and his religion. I wish him well even though he does nothing for me!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments