Movies, Sushi, and A**holes - Coming Soon!

3/26/2008 5:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rich life at the movie theaterA few smarties have gotten together and figured out a way to get those teenaged chatterboxes out of your movie theater. It'll only cost you $35 - and that won't include popcorn!

Variety is reporting that over the next five years, 50 luxury movie theaters will pop up in affluent areas all over the country.

The fancy theaters will boast 40 reclining seats with footrests, a full bar, concierge service, and valet parking. And they'll have gourmet theater-friendly food, like sushi, delivered right to your reclining seat. So now instead of getting wasted and passing out watching a movie at home, you can get wasted and pass out in a comfortable chair not at home.

The first two venues are set to open in South Barrington, a suburb of Chicago, and the Seattle suburb of Redmond in October.

No word on whether your cell phone going off during the movie will get you ejected to the poor people's movie theater down the street.

angie

and going to a movie wasn't expensive enough already???

Fabulousgina

Bring it on!!!!

Weirdenstein

I stopped going to the movies when the price hit $8. Bloated actor salaries, ridiculus advertising budgets, lack of creativity, and general excess in the movie biz has left me not spending a dime on their 'output'. Let the rich eat their cake and ultimately themselves.

Stacey

That is a magnificent idea. Theatres need to bring back the golden age,...and food is a huge part of the experience; also, ticket prices are declining, this may draw in a new crowd.

Speaking of food, check out www.citystyleandliving.com
A digital magazine on Food, Fashion and Travel

AnHonestAnswer

This is one of the dumbest ideas in a long time. Rich people don't like to go to malls. They like to watch on their big screens. Kids go to malls where the stupid effects movies play. This idea will bomb. Being that I'm rich am I going to pay $35 to go to a mall and work my way through a bunch of tweens to get to my theater to see Juno? Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb.

Red Dakini

This is a "new" idea?? There was been a theater like this in Kansas City for over a year now! When did Kansas City get cutting-edge?

TMZ-er

Now if they could start making good movies then we are all set

Christy M

YEAY I can not wait!!!! I live in Barrington Lakes!!! I will be there opening night!!

John in San Diego

I'd probably try it, but I think $35 will still be affordable to the loudmouthed jerks with no class.

And I hope that, for this price, they will do away with the 10-15 minutes of ads and trailers before the movie!

Kelli

Netflix

jen

this already exists in Australia. it's called Gold Class and you order your meal, dessert, alcohol, popcorn, candy, etc.. before the movie starts and you let them know when you want each item delivered throughout the movie. it is a fantastic experience particularly if you are a movie fan. most people save it for special occasions.

Bec

We've had these in Australia for YEARS ... they're really awesome. You get food and drinks brought to you during the movie, and you get to tell them exactly what time you want it brought in. It costs about AU$50 for 2 people to go, with food and drinks on top ... about US$40 I guess. It's worth it for your favourite movies (my husband and I saw the Lord of the Rings trilogy there) when you've only got a total of about 20 people in the whole theatre and all seats are perfectly placed for viewing.

annie

BLAME IT ALL ON TEENAGERS ???? I'M 48 YEARS OLD, AND PEOPLE MY OWN AGE ARE MORE ANNOYING, IN FACT I HAVE ONLY NOTICED THAT IT'S ADULTS WHO TALK THROUGH A MOVIE AS IF THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES IN THE ENTIRE FRICKING THEATER........,I'VE NEVER SEEN A TEENAGER DO THAT. PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS THESE DAYS, SELF-CENTERED IDIOTS.

AND I'M SICK OF ALL THE HYPE ON MONEY AND LUXURY AND "EXTRAS". THAT'S NOT LIFE. I'M GLAD I'LL BE OFF THIS PLANET SOON,BECAUSE IT'S TURNING INTO CRAP. IN THE "OLD DAYS" PEOPLE WERE MORE POLITE, AND SIMPLE PLEASURES WERE WHAT WE HAD. IT WAS GREAT, IT WAS MORE REAL. NOW, EVERYTHING HAS TO BE "DELUXE", "NEW AND IMPROVED", CATERING TO IDIOTS WHO DON'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR, HYPER, SICKENING........IT ALL REVOLVES AROUND CONSUMERISM AND SELF-CENTERED CRAP. BLEAHHHHHHHHHHH. HELL, GIVE ME BACK THE 60'S AND EVEN THE SILLY 70'S.....AT LEAST THERE WAS NO DEMAND FOR UTTER "PERFECTION" AND BLING-TILL-YOU-DROP GOING ON THEN.

annie

OH AND YEAH........TRY WATCHING A MOVIE WHILE SOME GROTESQUE-OUT FAT PIG EATS LOADS OF CRAP RIGHT NEXT TO YOU AND YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO THAT. YEAH...ENCOURAGE IT. HOW ABOUT JUST WATCHING THE DAMNED MOVIE ???? YOU CAN'T EXIST FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF WITHOUT CATERING ? OH, HOLY CRAP, YOUR LITTLE RICH ARSES..........

Western Observer

Great. Now I can recline with strangers, have a drink, a littl sushi and enjoy the next great Garfield movie.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments