Miley's Pa Smears Annie L. as Pap

6/11/2008 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Cyrus family continues to throw Annie Leibovitz under the bus for the snaps she took of Miley for Vanity Fair.

Billy Ray told Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM show that he considers Leibovitz – perhaps the world's most famed portraitist – to be just another paparazzo. "I was catching these crawdads and all the sudden this paprazzi lady jumps out ... and starts snapping away," he told Ryan. It was Annie.

Family Cyrus has been in full backtrack since a semi-topless shot appeared back in May.

Usher -– I Retired, Not Fired, My Mama

Usher just wants to set the record straight about his mom, the woman everyone says he canned in favor of his new wife Tameka Foster.

"My mother and I decided to change her situation, together," he tells July's Vibe. "I decided to not fire, not get rid of but ... to retire her to be a full-time grandmother." Ush got slammed last year when he replaced mom Jonetta with Tameka as his manager.

Carrie Underwood Releases Lots of Gas

So it's just a lil' redneck, but Carrie Underwood says that she's just not hot because, well, she burps. A lot.

"I don't consider myself sexy ... I'm socially awkward," she tells Cosmo. "I usually wear sweats everywhere I go. Oh, and I burp a lot." Paging Dept. of T.M.I.! Of course, this gassy predilection might've been what attracted the opposite ends of the macho spectrum -– Tony Romo and Chace Crawford.

Party Favors: Shaq's Going to Save Your House ... Scarlett's Still Obama's Real Girl ... Heath Helps Aussie Actors

Shaquille O'Neal wants to do some serious development in Orlando, helping people who are facing foreclosure to avoid getting tossed out of their homes, reports the Orlando Sentinel. He actually wants to buy mortgages. ... Scarlett Johansson is still relentlessly emailing Barack Obama and hosting fundraisers, says Politico, despite the fact that he has the Dem nom all sewn up. As long as she doesn't sing. ... An Aussie film group – Australians in Film – have set up a major scholarship for aspiring actors and filmmakers in the name of the late lamented Heath Ledger.

Anita

Scarlett Johansen is a mediocre actress whose music CD reeks.

Maybe she's trying tp revive her career by kissing up to Obama.

Anita

Scarlett has big fat cokksukker lips. Fugly beotch.

Anita

Glad to see Usher finally grew a pair. The wife comes first.

That momma of his ruining his nice wedding in the Hamptons was truly unforgiveable.

Old bitch, now she has to deal with a pissed-off wife. Serves her right.

It's never a good idea to start a battle with a child's future spouse.

nikki

dudeeeee the cyrus family is a bunch of liars.

Harriet

Billy Ray doesn't have the talent to shine Annie L's shoes. He and wife should have been present at the shooting. The pictures are a little too adult for such a young girl but it is up to the parents to participate and not second guess

There are millions of people who would die to have their portrait taken byAnnie.

Sencho

You all do realize you're wasting precious minutes out of your life talking about Billy Ray Cyrus and his kid, right? It's so disheartening to see, now you even having me wasting my time talking about it (albeit briefly).

That's Billy Ray Cyrus. Achy Breaky. "Doc" from PAX TV. Have you honestly forgotten just how very little he or anything he does or says has ever mattered (including fathering a whore for Mickey Mouse)?

For pity's sake, please ignore the Cyruses. Maybe if enough of you avert your gaze (like everyone did shortly after Billy Ray first reared his ugly, mulleted head), then the Cyruses won't have the money and screen time it takes to truly make nuisances of themselves.

Something smells fishy...

Gas, indigestion, whatever is the least of Carrie Underwood's problem. B***h is just FUG! As for Miley Cyrus, who cares?

stop the madness

post 13 perverted "Christian" minds buy pat.Iknow people who are not religous who found the photos rude and nasty stop with the hate to christains idoit

exbff

billy ray is a douche. he just got busted pimping out his child and is trying to save face.

ChiChi

LOL I think Carrie Underwood always tell magazines a little TMI. Remember when she said in an interview that she used to have a tripple nipple, but got it removed?! HAHA it was really funny.

Carlin

Billy and Milly, or Miley, or whatever her name is, your 15 minutes of fame is long over with. Please go away now!!!!

Carlie

Billy Ray Cyrus says his family considers famed Vanity Fair photographer Annie Leibovitz — who famously shot Miley semi-topless — to be a paparazzi.

"I was catching these crawdads [with daughter Noah, 8] and all the sudden this paparazzi lady jumps out with this big bazooka lens and starts snapping away," Billy Ray said on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show Monday. "My little girl Noah looks up and says, 'Is that Annie Leibovitz?'

"That's the bizarre life I'm living right now," Billy Ray added.

Leibovitz shot the nearly topless photos of Miley, 15, for May's Vanity Fair.

"I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologize to my fans who I care so deeply about," the Us Power Girl said as the photos sparked controversy from fans, parents and critics.

Still, Billy Ray — who is hosting the reality show Nashville Star — said his daughter is "doing great — she's doing a fantastic job on this Hannah Montana feature film, doing some wonderful acting."

Mm

I am sorry to say this, but some of the pictures of BRC and his daughter do not look like/are not potrayed as father and daughter. Or, the looks from the girl during that photo shoot. Cut it out. Or, stop tagging along the girl.

Go Britney

I love Annie Leibowitz's work. She has time and time again delivered the goods in classic pop/rock/iconic photo shoots. I rue the day that she thought to get involved with the Cyrus clan. Hillbillies.

elle

for miley, this is just another provacative photo in her collage.
she could've just said no to taking her shirt off. but i guess she just loves being topless, or semi topless when taking photos. and also, the more her dad talks about it the worse they make it.

i got over her as soon as i saw the articles on that website. check em out and you can see what kind of role model Ms. Cyrus is for her fans.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2